Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can the Most Powerful Computer on Earth Hack Bitcoin?  (Read 1669 times)
letzdodiz

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:02:07 PM

Do you know anything about private keys and open locations inside bitcoin convention? Truly it is difficult to change the exchanges yet I feel that this person gets some information about the private keys. We as a whole realize that they are created haphazardly and as a result of it (in light of the fact that there are to numerous mixes) for normal PC it can take a considerable measure of years to experience all private keys which makes it to not be worth attempting by any stretch of the imagination. In any case, on other hand on the off chance that you have quantum PC or even some extremely solid super PC you can begin to figure arbitrarily keys and you could wind up with an address with coins that are identified with it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:22:22 PM

It wont, and it is not gonna happen, bitcoin is gonna embrace its security in a few years from now (talkng about encryption, of course) so i do not think that there is gonna be a computer capable of cracking a private key.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Jlv

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:33:07 PM

Probably it would not happen, the blockchain technology is very powerful as I guess and they do their best to protect how bitcoin works and how it can protect the users.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:53:46 AM

for now there is no powerful computer that can brute force hacking cryptocurrency because the combination of its seeds or private keys are almost infinite.
The most common way to hack your wallet is by putting you into a phishing website, so you can input your key there.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:05:06 AM

Probably it would not happen, the blockchain technology is very powerful as I guess and they do their best to protect how bitcoin works and how it can protect the users.

Exactly. The blockchain is a secure technology which prevents double spending and fraud. Given that Bitcoin has increased in hashrate, this gives it some additional security, as the computer performing the attack would need at least 51% of the total hashrate to disrupt the Bitcoin network. At today's costs, this seems like a very expensive attack to perform on the Bitcoin network, making it nearly impossible for any kind of computer (even a Quantum computer) to do some real damage on the Bitcoin network.

Even if Quantum computers would be able to crack current cryptographic algorithms such as SHA-256 (which is the one that Bitcoin uses), Bitcoin would quickly adapt to a Quantum-resistant algorithm to protect itself against the deciphering of private keys by such systems. Therefore, Bitcoin's developers and the community itself will work hard to maintain Bitcoin as strong and resilient as possible. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
M00nlander

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:54:06 AM

Do you know anything about private keys and open locations inside bitcoin convention? Truly it is difficult to change the exchanges yet I feel that this person gets some information about the private keys. We as a whole realize that they are created haphazardly and as a result of it (in light of the fact that there are to numerous mixes) for normal PC it can take a considerable measure of years to experience all private keys which makes it to not be worth attempting by any stretch of the imagination. In any case, on other hand on the off chance that you have quantum PC or even some extremely solid super PC you can begin to figure arbitrarily keys and you could wind up with an address with coins that are identified with it.

I highly doubt it. Potentially when there are monstrous quantum computers they'd stand a better chance but you also have to consider all the dev's whose goal and aim is partly to ensure the security of the network. Bitcoin will keep up with the times in terms of security, there's too much at stake to not.
Ampong2121

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:44:33 AM

Its not in the computer, even if its powerful or super computer it cant hack bitcoin if theres no PEOPLE who will  use the computer. If theres a person who can use it and very smart in using that super computer maybe they can access or see our private keys. Everything is possible to happen especially this generation people are very smart and creative.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:46:29 AM

Let me avoid the technical aspects to make things easy for all readers.

So someone said that America's NSA has this great computer(quantum computer) that could easily hack Bitcoin private keys. I really doubt his claim but I know for sure that certain computers  like the most powerful Super Computers are within the reach of some of this Intelligence organizations.
Do you think such computers can crack any security codes put in place to make Bitcoin very secure?

I think we are still years away from computers that will crack blockchains. As the industry evolves, will will start seeing modifications made so that bitcoin and other protocols are quantum-proof.
hujanderas

Activity: 132

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:34:28 AM

bitcoin has its private key so it is very protected and no one will drop it. Well if the computer you're talking about is great and can hack the bitcoin key well, I think it's just a form of business.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:30:29 AM

I think we are still years away from computers that will crack blockchains. As the industry evolves, will will start seeing modifications made so that bitcoin and other protocols are quantum-proof.

Agree. I believe that before Quantum Computers would become practical in the mainstream world, the blockchain would've evolved at some point to mitigate attacks from such machines. One thing for sure is that Bitcoin is not only the strongest cryptocurrency in existence today, but it is also the most active cryptocurrency in development. Therefore, devs working hard within Bitcoin, will find out a way to implement Quantum-resistance within the cryptocurrency to avoid disruption from Quantum computers in the future.

If there's enough consensus from the Bitcoin community to achieve such upgrade in the future, then there should be nothing to worry about. I'm sure that everyone will agree to implement such improvement to help protect the Bitcoin ledger for many years to come. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Phantomberry

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:48:52 AM

I don't think so blockchain technology is very high and invulnerable if you try to hack you have to surpass many computers.
poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:59:15 AM

for hacking a private key need very long time to crack the code about private key because we can see that private key is random letter and number, if we use normal computer it will take a very very long time to crack it, maybe with super computer that you said it can be finished with fast time than normal computer

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:42:45 PM

I don't think so blockchain technology is very high and invulnerable if you try to hack you have to surpass many computers.

Exactly. The level of Bitcoin nodes and mining hashrate is immense nowadays. It would take a lot of effort for any kind of computer (even if it’s a Quantum computer) to be able to disrupt the Bitcoin network. While it may be possible for Quantum computers to break through the encryption of SHA-256, they can never successfully attack the Bitcoin network within its core.

Developers would quickly introduce upgrades to the Bitcoin protocol to make it quantum resistant, to protect the integrity of Bitcoin. Given that the pioneer cryptocurrency has a very active community and development team, I'm sure that there won't be any issues in reaching a consensus to make Bitcoin resistant against such attacks.

However, it would take a couple of years from now for Quantum computers to become practical in our world and pose a real threat to Bitcoin. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:47:55 PM

The quantum computing power will need to really be at the top of its game in order to get within an inch of even hacking half the private key. The design of blockchain will make it super impossible for wallets to be hacked either.

jpnl0003

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:49:04 PM

The technology behind bitcoin doesn't have its limits dependent on the size of the computer that was used to write the bitcoin algorithm as many other programmers have also added some level of contributions to the bitcoin network, so the size of a computer cannot threaten to hack bitcoin at all.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:04:51 PM

for hacking a private key need very long time to crack the code about private key because we can see that private key is random letter and number, if we use normal computer it will take a very very long time to crack it, maybe with super computer that you said it can be finished with fast time than normal computer

yes i agree that private keys are verry tough to crack because they are compose by random letter and numbers plus they are also written in a verry long words. Even though you have a super computer you cannot still hack it.

only phising attacks can easily catch a private key if paste carelessly to a phising site but it terms of bitcoin itself i dont think it can be hacked because bitcoin is already an open source and other people can already see or modified its code and if they can hack it they already did it before but there is no reports that bitcoin has been hacked.
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 11:08:18 PM

wrong perception if we say that the bitcoin security system can not be hacked.

the quantum computer is considered a technology that can hack the bitcoin security transaction system, but if supported by hackers who have high professionalism.

do you know that there is a woman who is suicide because she lost all the assets of bitcoin in large amount. and I suppose that hackers use quantum computers

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:32:34 PM

Yes its said that Quantum computers would be able to crack the codes of bitcoin.But it would take twenty more years for such a computer to come in to existence.

Marcsymon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:22:13 AM

The quantum computing power will need to really be at the top of its game in order to get within an inch of even hacking half the private key. The design of blockchain will make it super impossible for wallets to be hacked either.

Agree. It is quite difficult to hack the bitcoin portfolio by the most powerful computer hardware because we have had the private keys that protected by a confidential access password. But if anyone knows your portfolio about your secrets even a normal computer can do it.
queennathalia

Activity: 434
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:31:54 AM

It's not about the power of hardware. It is based on the code on blockchain where you have to gain access into it. I think hacking bitcoin will not likely to happen as we know the technology of blockchain you can be traced as it is the use of blockchain, to trace transactions.
You're right, How could be hack that bitcoin private keys if didn't get by the hacker. It is very impossible to hack easily the blockchain. How to predict they super computer the bitcoin private keys if the blockchain is a random numbers and letters. That is impossible, Any kind of super computer never hack bitcoin private key to open it. The only one thing that I know how to hack private is to hack first the computer of the target.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: