Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO is the best way to invest?  (Read 27234 times)
Misshi

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:16:39 AM

Do you think ICO is the best way to invest in?

It all depends. Investing in ICO is very risky and you have to assess the project carefully. As an early investor in the said project, you can buy the token lower in its market value with bonuses but you have to be confident enough that after the ICO, that token will get higher in value and the projects makes sense as a business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:39:11 AM

ICO is a very risky move so it should not be a main part of your blockfoilo. I would only recommend to use about 10-20% of your blockfoilo to invest in ICO. The return is good if you know what you are invest. You definitely have to put in a lot of research into each ICO. Even good and popular ico like Avt, Monetha and blackmoon are now falling behind ICO price. While, if you do enough research and get into ICO like kyber which has vitalik(ethereum cofounder) as advisor, so far it has x5. Another example can be OMG, where it is around x50 or so within a few months.
peterson90

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:06:11 AM

No
Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:24:25 AM

No, most ICOs are scam, take your money and go away.You need to research a lot to find the few ones that are probably no scam and have a chance to x100 or more your investment. And even then there is no guarantee to see any ROI.
I've joined only one ICO until now and don't plan to invest in more. Let's see what this ICO ([Electroneum) will bring. If it goes away with my money I will regret it but it's the most promising concept I've heard about since there is a real British multi-million pounds company behind it. Apart from this single ICO I will only invest in coins listed on coinmarketcap.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:52:58 AM

Yes I think so, because we will get a token with a cheap price and sometimes also get a bonus, by getting a cheap price we will get a lot of profit when the price goes up. but the problem is it difficult to know which ICO project will succes and the token price will increase, therefore we need the knowledge and time to study the project before purchasing their token. The first important thing to learn and to know is who the founder team  and what problems will be solved from their project. But now it takes an extra time to analyze ICO because so many ICO this periode. Investing in ICO is high risk and high return so always study and read their white paper before make investment.

keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:48:33 AM

I cannot say best. Investment is always risk. Some people invest in properties and there are ohers in businesses. Right now, not so many people know about ico, nor understand how it works. There are only a few of us who are blessed to come across bitcoins and other altcoins and are able to invest in it. It is best we tell the world about it so that there will be many investors so that we will continue to gain revenue from ico.
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:49:49 AM

That is very good way but I don't think ICO is the best way to invest. It really depends on the project. For some project you may invest after ICO which can be actually better.
Haldor

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 11:56:16 AM

The best way to gauge if ICO is not a scam is to do quick checklist:
 - reputable team, linkedin accounts, reputable previous experience (IBM, scientists from universities) - these people can not drag down his reputation
 - registration of the company, any Western Country is acceptable.
 - money flows during the life of the project, the growth of the project should benefit token holders, in other words the project should be open-source and community-owned

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:09:43 PM

i dont think its the best way to invest because there are many scams in most ico today and many of them are roaming around the forum on altcoin bounty section so you better watch out before you join any ico and i can say that its better to invest in bitcoin or altcoins rather than investing on ico's that looks proming.
yeah investing ico I think is more risky than investing in bitcoin or altcoin, but I think the profit you'll get when investing in ico will be much bigger when you invest in bitcoin or altcoin, when ico is successful in their project and successfully entered to the exchange market, then you will get multiple benefits, because usually the price rate in the market will be much higher than before when you buy in dev
Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:19:30 PM

I am curious how many of you people that invested in ICO's didn't see a drop on the first day a coin went on the exchange. Because i have bought some coins after ICO's and bought them cheaper than the start price

bitcoinbulk

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 12:27:40 PM

I feel like ICOs used to be a really good one to make extra money/eth. You could pretty much invest in any ICO and typically get twice your money back.

It doesn't seem to be the same anymore. A lot of ICOs recently get dumped really quickly and then end up trading below their ICO price. I think 2 main factors are playing into it:

1) The amount of new ICOs every day and week. There's just too many ICOs going around and the amount of money available from investors is spread too thin. So people aren't buying them up after the ICO is finished, which would push the price up.

2) Presales and early investor bonus. Some presales and bonuses are so good that people can afford to sell their tokens below the regular ICO price and still make a profit off their initial investment.

Antivoid

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:34:57 PM

I feel like ICOs used to be a really good one to make extra money/eth. You could pretty much invest in any ICO and typically get twice your money back.

It doesn't seem to be the same anymore. A lot of ICOs recently get dumped really quickly and then end up trading below their ICO price. I think 2 main factors are playing into it:

1) The amount of new ICOs every day and week. There's just too many ICOs going around and the amount of money available from investors is spread too thin. So people aren't buying them up after the ICO is finished, which would push the price up.

2) Presales and early investor bonus. Some presales and bonuses are so good that people can afford to sell their tokens below the regular ICO price and still make a profit off their initial investment.
i agree with you, and i think there is the third reason, that is people change their expectations about the market, they believe the market will rise up in last month, but now, they are not optimistic, so thet are easy to sell the coin instead of holding for a long term
romeo111

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:36:51 PM

Yes i think it's true.
ICO it's a great opportunity to buy ICO coins. because ICO have a bonus period. so you can purchase coin in ico period than you get bonus. But sincerely you first check it, and you should research of the project root and whitepaper, then you will purchase it.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:51:21 PM

Of course yes, you can invest in a project from very small amount of money from 0.1 eth or 29 USD. I invest in mining but they are scam, invest in ICo is safer than in mining if we don't know if the mining site is legit. There are many scam mining , people say there are many ICos scam. For me I prefer to invest in ICOS.
PPleaseman

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:58:33 PM

ICOs are a good way to invest if you do your homework. I only invest in ICOs i really believe, then its best to try to be in the presale (you will get more tokens)
-Team
-Usability
-Technical background
-Competitors (not necesserarily bad)
- does it sound to good to be true Smiley

Cheers
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:09:38 PM

Yes i think it's true.
ICO it's a great opportunity to buy ICO coins. because ICO have a bonus period. so you can purchase coin in ico period than you get bonus. But sincerely you first check it, and you should research of the project root and whitepaper, then you will purchase it.

A lot of people are using the bonus period to get the decent profit through buy the ico, i remember if there will be a pump at the first time after the token already added to the market, and they are trying to repeating the same method by join in the icos.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
eneyardi

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:08:29 PM

I can not say that bitcoin is bad ar good thing. On the one hand it is a risk, a great risk to pay money and then lose them, but on the other hand you may win and you never know what will be with this project in the future.
It may have excellent Wp, good bounty program, they say they have manu investors but suddenly they do not get eniugh support or money
Or they may have not goos strategy but someone needs this idea and pay a lot of money for project realisation and the win
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:10:39 PM

ICOs are a good way to invest if you do your homework. I only invest in ICOs i really believe, then its best to try to be in the presale (you will get more tokens)
-Team
-Usability
-Technical background
-Competitors (not necesserarily bad)
- does it sound to good to be true Smiley

Cheers
It is not that very good if you just wanted to believe that the project will be that good. You really have to do those assignments in order for you to have that good profit that you really needed at that point on. Different ICOs really have different ways of payment and that also affects on how much percentage of success it would have.

-The Team, there's no problem with it you don't really know them anyway.
-The Usability, well you could only determine that after the ICO.
-Competitors, yeah you really need to have so much comparison to other projects as well.
-Well as long as its more profitable there's nothing wrong about it.
Cmoh

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:12:30 PM

Some how best but i think there are most of the ICOs are fake. They are run a fake website and inviting ICO and cheating millions of dollar within a minute.
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 02:29:21 PM

Of course yes, you can invest in a project from very small amount of money from 0.1 eth or 29 USD. I invest in mining but they are scam, invest in ICo is safer than in mining if we don't know if the mining site is legit. There are many scam mining , people say there are many ICos scam. For me I prefer to invest in ICOS.
In these days I seen few of ICO's are scams, I suggest you please research before investing in them. Make sure to find their company where it is and whether Registered or not.
A lot of ICO's comes with million or billions of tokens, but do they have such amount in their banks?

If you research deep then you will get all results.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: