Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you mine another coin, if yes, which? or will you instead sell your GPU's
ETC - 14 (24.6%)
ZEC - 4 (7%)
LBRY - 2 (3.5%)
SIA - 4 (7%)
DCR - 0 (0%)
Sell GPU's - 8 (14%)
I will always mine ETH if it's POW - 7 (12.3%)
Other - 18 (31.6%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: What's your plan after ETH?  (Read 2228 times)
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:38:20 AM

I'm going to be mining one of those coins above primarily if ETH were to switch to POS or become unprofitable due to difficulty.

I haven't decided which but currently I'm leaning towards ETC because it makes most sense for my non-nvidia rigs. ZEC for my Nvidia rigs and wherever I would dual mine, I would pick SIA.

What's your plan right now?

The masses will follow the masses. ETC, Zec etc. will get a lot of miners their way.

I don't think many miners here will share their strategy openly on this forum simply because there are too many of us. Having a strategy that differs from the masses is important.

The only thing I will tell you is I quit mining ETH over a month ago and switched to ETC. People tend to blindly follow the most profitable coin regardless. Glad I did because in the past 4-5 days, it's taking me double the time to mine one ETC than it did the week before.

It's really about making a stash before the heard arrives...
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:03:24 PM

For Nvidia cards will try Neoscrypt coins, timetravel and so on, for my AMD cards will try other Ethash coins like DBIX, DAXX and many others

BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:10:02 PM

None of the above. I will be taking risks on coins that aren't as profitable for a number of reasons. To me you're better off mining the  "coins" that the crowd is ignoring and you're able to fill your bags fast before everyone comes in to crash the price.

Remember the people who made out the best on ETH are those who mined it at .30-60 a coin and were mining a crazy amount of coins per day. I'm willing to bet the profits were next to nill during that time and now they have thousands of dollars if not millions. Tons of coins out right now with good tech behind it that are under the radar that people are ignoring because profits aren't the best compared to other coins. I'll be filling my bags while everyone is focusing on the shiny object....

Also SIA will have an asic soon, so it may not be a viable option for dual mining in a few months.

I agree 100%. If you're mining purely for ROI I don't think you've grasped cryptocurrency entirely. You're more mining for a passive income which isn't bad but there's a huge opportunity ahead of us. We're at the very beginning of crypto, I would definitely keep mining. You never know which coin is going to blow up or how this landscape is going to look in 10 years.
Eyedol-X (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:59:20 AM

None of the above. I will be taking risks on coins that aren't as profitable for a number of reasons. To me you're better off mining the  "coins" that the crowd is ignoring and you're able to fill your bags fast before everyone comes in to crash the price.

Remember the people who made out the best on ETH are those who mined it at .30-60 a coin and were mining a crazy amount of coins per day. I'm willing to bet the profits were next to nill during that time and now they have thousands of dollars if not millions. Tons of coins out right now with good tech behind it that are under the radar that people are ignoring because profits aren't the best compared to other coins. I'll be filling my bags while everyone is focusing on the shiny object....

Also SIA will have an asic soon, so it may not be a viable option for dual mining in a few months.

I agree 100%. If you're mining purely for ROI I don't think you've grasped cryptocurrency entirely. You're more mining for a passive income which isn't bad but there's a huge opportunity ahead of us. We're at the very beginning of crypto, I would definitely keep mining. You never know which coin is going to blow up or how this landscape is going to look in 10 years.

I'm going to keep on mining, I won't be selling my GPU's unless I'm upgrading them to newer models. I built all my rigs so I can easily change out the GPU's with whatever I want to run GPU wise.

Almost 100% of what I'm running today has been purchased with profits from initial investments and I plan on keeping it that way.

Based on poll results it seems most have same opinion of DCR as I do, I really don't see a purpose in it other than to sell.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:40:32 AM

Which altcoins do u guys foresee the majority of the hash power is being transferred to? Here is my 3 cents worth, they would go into either Dogecoin or ETC.

DOGE is Scrypt - no way ANYONE is going to GPU mine it.

ETC is too small to asorb much ETH hashrate without miner profitability collapsing entirely.

ZEC can asorb a pretty large chunk, but even THEN it's going to lose a lot of profitability.

If current trends continue though, there's gonna be quite a bit less ETH mining by the time it DOES start moving to POS - profitability is ALREADY getting close to where it was at last summer, and it looks like the rapid growth of the network hashrate is FINALLY flattening out as a result.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Msobh

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:36:54 AM

soon the market will be flooded with used GPU . ETH price is going down so fast .. and the smaller miners will sell as there is no profit for them .. if they mine other coins difficulty will sky rocket and still no profit for them . so it is inevitable Mr Anderson .. GPU will soon flood the market
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:54:05 AM

soon the market will be flooded with used GPU . ETH price is going down so fast .. and the smaller miners will sell as there is no profit for them .. if they mine other coins difficulty will sky rocket and still no profit for them . so it is inevitable Mr Anderson .. GPU will soon flood the market

Unless one or more of the bigger market cap coins starts price climbing again.

Also depends on your definition of "soon" - if you mean before the end of the year, it's looking likely, if you mean in the next month I doubt it.

If current price trends hold though, the mass shortages will probably go away over the course of the next month, lot fewer folks adding new machines the last few days.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: