Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE ANN] Open Public Beta Daily Fantasy Sports [Bounties for Beta Testers]  (Read 6976 times)
jetfish

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:23:43 PM

A. The coin is a hybrid PoW/PoS coin using Scrypt Algo with a total supply of 210,000,000 DFSCoins
There is a pre-mine of 20% or 42,000,000 coins, the pre-mine was necessary since we are using it as in game currency
The Scrypt algo allows for CPU mining, with a block reward of 20 coins and 100 coinbase maturity  
The PoS percentage is 8% per year and staking starts after 8 hours.

Can you expand further on why the pre-mine of 20% was necessary for in game currency? Once it is used as in game currency, people will have to buy the coins, therefore generating income completely for the team, instead of having people mine it or buy it themselves from exchanges?
JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:19:18 PM

Thank you to all those who have been reporting bugs and making valuable suggestions on how we can improve our site and games.
This feedback is exactly what we need now so we can provide the BEST fantasy sports experience for our users this NFL season.

Here are a few answers to questions posted, more updates on bug fixes will be posted later.

Q.  xusxuquade
wait to open bounty
i think you need explain spefication coin, what is use pow/pos system or token system
if token system use ethererum token or waves token

A. The coin is a hybrid PoW/PoS coin using Scrypt Algo with a total supply of 210,000,000 DFSCoins
There is a pre-mine of 20% or 42,000,000 coins, the pre-mine was necessary since we are using it as in game currency
The Scrypt algo allows for CPU mining, with a block reward of 20 coins and 100 coinbase maturity  

Q. Andeze17
I have just created an account for DraftDaily and immediately upon creation I was greeted by the following screen (which I assume is the Deposit page).
http://imgur.com/a/yDKIk
This page is a little confusing in how it works or is meant to work and why does it allow users to select what kind of bonus they want?
Thanks!

A. Thank you for signing up, the redirect after signup sends the user to the deposit page so they can deposit or buy coins to play.
The users will be able to select the 100% 1 time bonus amount based on the amount they are buying, so if a user is buying up to 60,000 coins (may change later)
they get 60,000 bonus coins. The bonus coins are held in the users Bonus amount shown in the account page.
After a deposit is made the user sees a success page and from there can go to their account page
Rather than releasing the coins little by little and confusing the user we created a Frequent Player Points system.
For each paid contest you enter you earn FPP. In you account page you you can exchange or sell your FPP for bonus coins, the bonus coins then get released and placed into your normal account balance.

Q. JeremyB
I can participate to contest multiple times.

A. Some contests are multiple entry contests allowing uses to enter multiple times, they just need to pay the entry fee each time, we are making those more easy to identify by adding an "M" icon in the lobby
All the other issues you have reported to our dev team and they are working on those changes now.

There is a small group of beta tester that have really been helping us out but I want to give a special shout out to JeremyB, he has been providing us with a lot of very valuable feed back,
reported bugs and making good suggestions for site improvement.

We are keeping track of everyones bug reports and suggestions, those additional bug bounties will be given out when we close the beta testers signup bounties and announce the open bounties,
bug bounties will still be in effect and free to enter or low entry fee contests will be available for continued testing.

Our main goal right now is to have our site cleared of bugs, update our UI, make it 100% mobile friendly, introduce our new ELO rating system, single and double elimination brackets and ladder tournaments
all ready by or before the start of the NFL regular season      

You're welcome! Smiley
Thanks for your answers.
If I may suggest one thing: it could be nice to have a public list (read-only Google Sheet?) of existing bugs so we can easily track what is already reported & what should be already fixed.
Keep up the good work!
MrJLJL

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:45:07 PM

I'm interested in testing the site!
Username: Sjenkie
NicoDFS (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

FGC Dev

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 09:51:46 PM

Can you expand further on why the pre-mine of 20% was necessary for in game currency? Once it is used as in game currency, people will have to buy the coins, therefore generating income completely for the team, instead of having people mine it or buy it themselves from exchanges?

Hi and sorry for the very long post but I wanted to give you as much detail as possible so the community understands.  

Mining will be available to everyone and we will be listing the coins on exchanges where people can buy them from the open market so that income is not going to the team.

I was going to explain this in our ICO ANN but glad to answer that for you now. The 20% pre-mine was not an easy decision to come to. We studied the ICO markets for months and I found that traditional private equity valuations did not make any since for nearly all of the projects I reviewed, that being said we also understand that a lot of new coins being introduced to the market are possible money grabs. When i ran the numbers on my end it was not easy to find a good balance of having enough coins needed for in game currency, enough coins to offer at a decent price and enough coins to be held for our initial B2B plans.

So I contacted a few coin devs who's coin looked to be legit with questions like why coin A needs 1 Billion total coin supply and coin B only needed 50M total coin supply. I also asked about pre-mine coins and other relative questions trying to understand where devs are coming up with their numbers.

The replies I got basically told me there is no correct answer to any of this, and that each dev has thier own personal preference. Devs try to estimate the best they can on whats best for their individual business needs.

So this is what I came up with as a good match and balance, *please note that there is still time for core team members to submit a motion to make minor changes to the exact distribution %

60% of the pre-mine DFSCoin will be offered in the ICO, Each core team member will receive 2% which is subject to 6 month lockup rules with sale % caps. The remaining coins will be used to two purposes that I will also explain the reasoning behind them.

1st we need to have 20% or more DFSCoin held to guarantee prize pools, this amount will be clearly displayed on the website and verifiable on the blockchain. The reason for this is 2 fold. First you need to understand that with the exception of Guaranteed to start contests, prize pools are covered by the entry fees, this has been great for smaller operators to host contests without the financial risks.

This is all good until someone ruins the party, in comes FantasyAces, who decided to use player deposits, not the rake or profits to pay for corporate expenses, when players tried to withdraw they went bankrupt. Last I heard there was another company who was willing to step in and payout the users, probably in exchange for the user database itself but I don't know that to be fact. The point here is that without clearly showing and proving the amount of DFSCoin available to cove prize pools gaining the publics trust on a massive scale would be difficult.

The other reason for needing DFSCoins available to cover prize pools is as a promotional tool. We will be hosting Guaranteed to Start contests and tournaments on a semi regular basis with large prize pools, this was one of the most effect marketing tools for companies like DraftKings and Fandule allowing them to take over the DFS market in the US. If we are expected to compete in any way for market share then we need to have the same tools.

The final remaining amount will be help in treasury for 2 purposes, 1 we need to offer B2B clients DFSCoins without them having to jump through too many hoops, it must be as simple as possible i.e. you give us some form of payment and we give you DFSCoin to be used on your site. This is a must for mass adoption across businesses, those B2B coins will eventually be sold and those clients will need to go to the open market to buy coins once that happens.

The second use for the DFSCoin held in treasury is for possible mergers and buy outs. M&A activity in DFS is a real thing, you can google the most recent paddy power deal and you'll see what I mean. Like all coin devs we hope our coin will be more and more valuable over time. Being able to buyout other fantasy sports sites and their user databases would allow us to grow at a faster rate.

An important thing to understand is that when we sell DFSCoins either direct to the public for use on the site or to a B2B clinet the proceeds from that sale are going back to the project to further promote our sites and gain more users not for the personal use of any member of the team.

You may have noticed on our deposit page a bitcoin deposit option that says coming soon, we will be removing that option all together later and forcing users to go to an exchange to buy coins, our only concern is that we are trying one again to make it as easy as possible for end users to get DFSCoins for mass adoption, at least initially. If that option is kept on the site it will be short lived since we mainly need the coins for the prize pools and B2B clinets.

If it is reintroduced to the site the coins sold and the bonus coins if any given would need to come from DFSCoins collected from rake or the site profits. Since the team will be sharing in the net profits from contests and eventually the team will need to sell some coins, you know to eat and stuff, this may be a better option for the team rather than getting their profit share and having to sell on the open market. But this is talking way down the line 12 to 24 months from now, then and only then would the team generate income from sales of DFSCoin on the site. But in that is more like a direct trade BTC for DFSCoin the team as rightful earned if that makes since.

JeremyB

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:43:26 PM

CRITICAL bug: after validating a lineup and a contest, you have the screen to participate to more contests. On this screen, full entry contests are still available:
If you select them, a dialog box appears where you validate the terms and the fees. Once validated an error popup indicates that the contest is full. Ok then. But the fees are removed from your balance!
NicoDFS (OP)

FGC Dev

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 11:25:27 PM

CRITICAL bug: after validating a lineup and a contest, you have the screen to participate to more contests. On this screen, full entry contests are still available:
If you select them, a dialog box appears where you validate the terms and the fees. Once validated an error popup indicates that the contest is full. Ok then. But the fees are removed from your balance!

Hi, yes this bug is being worked on along with a few others on that page
and thanks for the suggestion about the google docs we will look at putting that or some other method in place for end users to track bugs

fugit00

Activity: 65
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:22:51 AM

I've just signed up.
My username is fugit00
alz19

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:31:28 AM

Hello BitcoinTalk, We are Proud to announce our Open Public Beta of DraftDaily.com and PRE ANN of the DFSCoin ICO

DFSCoin will be used as the in game currency on DraftDaily.com and other daily fantasy sports sites using our API suite.

More about DraftDaily.com: This project has been in development for the past 3+ years, in that time we have serviced a number of white label clients and continue to work on new and innovative ways to play fantasy sports. We have a core development, management and marketing team who will introduce themselves in the official ICO ANN next week.

FIRST

DraftDaily.com Features

Fully Working Daily Fantasy Sports Platform Hosting NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL Contests and Tournaments. Week Guaranteed Prize Pools.

Game play options include:

1. Head 2 Head matches
2. Daily Leagues
3. 50 / 50 Games
4. Multipliers
5. Qualifiers
6. Steps Tourneys

Users can create their own H2H contests or Daily Leagues with up to 20 fantasy teams.  Depending on the size of the Daily League prizes can be set as:

1. Winner Takes All
2. Top 2 Win
3. Top 3 Win
4. Top 5 Win
5. 50 / 50

35% LIFETIME REVSHARE!!! JUST SIGNUP AND GO TO THE REFER A FRIEND PAGE TO GET YOUR AFFILIATE LINK

BOUNTIES: SIGNUP AND SEND US YOUR USER NAME AND WE WILL CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT WITH 1,000 DFSCOINS FOR YOU TO PLAY FOR FREE | FIND AND REPORT A BUG AND GET ANOTHER 1,000 DFSCOINS

More Bounties will be announced soon including translation and social media bounties.

Please ask any questions here in the thread or use the contact form on DraftDaily.com/contact-us to send us an email.  
Follow us on Twitter @DraftLikeABoss

reserve indonesian translation

I signed up user name :alz190
please send me the signup bounty

SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:41:17 AM

Just signed up on the site, interested in trying it out.

username - jumblejumper
harrisonminh

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:28:40 AM

hello! i just signed up.
my username: harrisonminh
ealarry

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:40:32 AM

Is it possible to take public tests at the moment? If the reward received in the public test is consistent with the official token?
sivaram219

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:39:24 AM

Just signed up on the site, interested in trying it out.

username - sivaram219
Big_Rob

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:40:20 AM

Howdy, Just signed up. Username: Big_Rob

Love the idea. Looking forward to the ICO details.

Good Luck!
DraftDaily

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:17:34 AM

To Be exact Jeremy B There is a limit that is set When Creating the contest so a 50 Player contest may have a 3 Enrty max per Draftdaily Account this is under the sole Discretion of the DraftDaily Team what to make the entry max . I am sure as we grow when you see 1000 entry contest that number will go to 10 entry max per account.
JeremyB

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:43:07 AM

To Be exact Jeremy B There is a limit that is set When Creating the contest so a 50 Player contest may have a 3 Enrty max per Draftdaily Account this is under the sole Discretion of the DraftDaily Team what to make the entry max . I am sure as we grow when you see 1000 entry contest that number will go to 10 entry max per account.

Ok thanks for the precisions.
DraftDaily, are you a member of the team?  Wink
JeremyB

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:49:43 AM

I've got a new bug, the remaining salary computation seems to be wrong.
On this one it starts @50k but indicates 0 when I'm @45k:

And a cosmetic one: if you overpass the allowed salary limit then come back under the remaining salary stays in red:
ghuang168

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:55:23 AM

BOUNTIES: SIGNUP AND SEND US YOUR USER NAME AND WE WILL CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT WITH 1,000 DFSCOINS FOR YOU TO PLAY FOR FREE | FIND AND REPORT A BUG AND GET ANOTHER 1,000 DFSCOINS

so this 1000 DFS is get me for free or just for test ?
JeremyB

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:07:02 AM

Another one, I was playing with player filtering and got some exceptions dialogs:
JeremyB

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:52:51 PM

During live scoring, some "null" are displayed in scorings:

Do you see my image on this post & 2 previous ones?
I see "bitcointak.org image proxy: invalide image". I used img tags and imgur links.
NicoDFS (OP)

FGC Dev

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 12:37:43 AM

Good Evening Bitcointalk

I wanted to post a few updates on the bug reports as I've been promising to do, in a few hours new beta testers will have DFSCoins added to your accounts and more contests will be available.

Any bugs not listed below are pending or in progress based on priority.

Bug Fixed Status

·   need to make autoredirect for http tp https and better HSTS preload too
·   Comment : Completed.

·   Max length of password = 10. That is really low. Hard to really protect an account with this.

·   Terms of Use & Privacy policy are not clickable on the signup form

·   Live contests are empty even if 3 of my contests have started  http://imgur.com/u95DKzK
·   OF players listing not shown
Comment : Completed.

·   One question: I still have a contest in 12h, but I'm unable to see the associated lineup. If I go in My Contests and click Edit on the contest line, I'm redirected to the lobby. In the lobby if I click Entry Full, nothing happens.Then if I go in My Lineups, all are flagged as "Completed".      Is it the expected behaviour?

Comment : i am not sure 100 % it is fixed because i am unable to check on which circumstances it arises but i have fixed at my end . please test it and still this issue than inform me.

·   My contests: contests are not ordered by starting date, no sort possible http://imgur.com/VOVRZVW

·   Bug: on my contests 2nd page, start time are not displayed http://imgur.com/vUIGtyt

·   Clicking on scoring when drafting for MLB, gives scoring for NFL
Comment : Not Understand this issue.

·   - Mobile version: I tried on my Android phone (S6, Android 6.0.1, Chrome browser). Once logged, the main menu doesn't change, the Create account / Login button are still there and there is no way to access my lineups and my contests: http://imgur.com/eCQ0gNp
·   - Cosmetic: Entry message title in blue over dark grey, not easily readable: http://imgur.com/bRKmfgL
Comment : pending

·   - Cosmetic: Previous / Next and page number available even if only one page: http://imgur.com/hXxLMnP
Comment : Previous / Next and page number available Because dataTable is used for pagination so that if only one page then both Previous / Next Are disable and if more than one page then it gets enable.

·   Also on the refer a friend page under earning and achievements if you click on learn more it brings up this  'An error occurred Application error
Comment : Pending, view file is missing for : /refer-friend/overview .. i try to find view file in old backups

- So I tried to select it. It worked! http://imgur.com/PYlhZiQ. So I was able to enter knowing the stats based on my previous contests: http://imgur.com/Xr8sMzi
Comment : Compleated along with all other reports for one-time-offer page - This page will now only show the users available contest with matching player pools and teams

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: