Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: whistle11's extortion attempt - delete thread or else!  (Read 541 times)
HabBear (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 02:09:05 AM

I'm compelled to make this public. Extortion attempts (for negative trust or otherwise) need to be exposed.

On July 13 I created a Scam Accusation thread against whistle11 to allow him to explain what appeared to be an attempt to scam the community into sending BTC to an address that was photo shopped onto the "Yellen's Bitcoin Guy" photo.

Here's a link to that scam accusation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2018623.0

whistle11 responded to the thread three times within 24 hours, and not one of those posts offered:
  • Explanation for posting a photo shopped image (that would allow the community to be scammed)
  • Evidence that it was a mistake
  • Apology for causing confusion

He did delete his original post, but that doesn't really explain why he posted it to begin with. Doing any one of the three things listed above would have been appropriate, he did none.

He then PM'd me threatening to leave me negative feedback if I did not delete the scam accusation thread. See his PM and my response below.

And before I even have an opportunity to respond he's given me negative feedback.

He continued to escalate a situation that was started for him to explain himself. At the time of this post I haven't left him any negative feedback. I've only sought an explanation for the community.

Whether his first post in question was a mistake or a scam, his reputation here based on how he's responded is now questionable. If you need to interact with him, proceed with caution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:38:54 AM

That sounds like a sting operation to me /s
HabBear (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 03:06:26 AM

Interesting comment. Sting operation coming from which direction? You think I'm being unreasonable with this post?
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 03:23:26 AM

Interesting comment. Sting operation coming from which direction? You think I'm being unreasonable with this post?

It's an allusion to the Lauda & Zeroxal extortion incident that happened.

One thread relating to it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1759607

I'm not stating my opinion on it.

mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:06:25 AM

I'm compelled to make this public. Extortion attempts (for negative trust or otherwise) need to be exposed.

On July 13 I created a Scam Accusation thread against whistle11 to allow him to explain what appeared to be an attempt to scam the community into sending BTC to an address that was photo shopped onto the "Yellen's Bitcoin Guy" photo.

Here's a link to that scam accusation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2018623.0

whistle11 responded to the thread three times within 24 hours, and not one of those posts offered:
  • Explanation for posting a photo shopped image (that would allow the community to be scammed)
  • Evidence that it was a mistake
  • Apology for causing confusion

He did delete his original post, but that doesn't really explain why he posted it to begin with. Doing any one of the three things listed above would have been appropriate, he did none.

He then PM'd me threatening to leave me negative feedback if I did not delete the scam accusation thread. See his PM and my response below.

And before I even have an opportunity to respond he's given me negative feedback.

He continued to escalate a situation that was started for him to explain himself. At the time of this post I haven't left him any negative feedback. I've only sought an explanation for the community.

Whether his first post in question was a mistake or a scam, his reputation here based on how he's responded is now questionable. If you need to interact with him, proceed with caution.

https://archive.fo/I7z91

The scammer got busted and then tries everything he can to wiggle out of it.  There isn't any wiggling out of it, the scam attempt was set in motion, deleting things doesn't take away from the scam he tried...........except he failed - he got caught Cheesy Cheesy

I wouldn't worry about FAKE feeback from a SCAMMER. 

UP to you if you like, but I would put a link with feedback so whomever looks at your profile, will easily see the thread and know he's just butthurt cuz he got busted.

I've read tons of fake feeback and real feedback.  There is a huge difference and is easily spotted.

Green/Red are not automatics.  They should open someone's eyes to click and read (shame people don't til it's too late) that's why a ref link is always best to include.

Again, thanks for posting!  Don't let anyone try to bully you into doing what's wrong ~it's always better to die on your feet than on your knees.

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:34:25 AM

I had a Paypal scammer pull shit shit on me before.
He even went as far as re-writing all his posts in the main topic i dealt with him in.
Then he snuck in and created a topic on my name making crazy claims i was trolling on him with random trust abuse for no reason.

He kept PM'ing me demanding i remove the feedback.
Of course it's still there.. fuck 'em.  Grin

He also tried to linger on the issue on making up more lies and twisting the story by waiting until he though i forgot about the issue then unlocking his topic and adding to it then re-locking it.
But i caught him doing it by accident and posted in it before he could lock it.. FUNNY hahahha

He is still here scamming his ass off.
It's Paypal related so people don't care.
And like he told me he just creates more & more accounts.
So what can you do ? Run around tagging them ?
What is the point ?

If idiots dealing with them can't learn then fuck 'em.
Anyone here buying or selling with Paypal deserves a punch in the head for being an idiot.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 05:55:50 AM

Interesting comment. Sting operation coming from which direction?
Sorry but you are either uninformed or have reading comprehension issues. This is anything but an interesting comment, coming from a scammer.

You think I'm being unreasonable with this post?
No. He is spamming.

Back to the topic, I genuinely thought that the account was purchased when I have left them a negative rating for your previous thread. This behavior tends to align with such an account.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:19:14 PM

Hab AGAIN don't worry about scammers........they get pissed the hell off when they are caught and will throw everything including the kitchen sink at ya  Cheesy

I had this gem today :

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

Can you say me why you think im part of a scam group?
Anyway im no longer connection to megatilt cause its dead.

So pls remove that negativ reply or you will get the same senseless from big accounts.

lol

1 don't try to threaten me in a pm or anywhere for that matter
2 just because you are "no longer connection" doesn't mean its ok what was done was done get it?
3 I don't give a shit what you write for feedback or say about me, I don't lie I don't cheat and I don't fucking scam
4 If you have a problem with me? Bring it out in the open let everyone see just as I do
5 Piss off and have a good day Cheesy

@Spo  half agree n half disagree, if the user is still here?  I hope you at least left feedback?  Yes, it's our responsibility to protect ourselves against scammers.  Honestly, again, there are many who don't know and need to know. 

I know your feelings about this community, but do something to help it out is all I can ask and warn others about these scumbags. They can keep creating accounts and buying/selling them, but if they are scamming and I see it........I will try to help warn others.

Peace

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:05:48 AM

Gettin' a bit off-topic but yeah i did neg that guy and LEAVE it on.
Not that it matters.. it was not long after that i had a band of assholes trash my rating.
When i negged the Paypal guy mine was neutral.. like +2

My story earlier was a tornado cluster fuck of deceitful shenanigans from the PP scammer.
He knew what he was doing was wrong.
He admitted posting on the forum that PP keeps catching him and closing his accounts.
He said he simply abandons his account + money and makes another one
..and keeps selling on the forum.

I pointed out then what happens if he all of a sudden he can't cover the seized funds by PP ?
You all shouldn't be doing that because it is in fact against their TOS.
If and when they catch you you will be in a lot of trouble.
So dealing with those people are extremely high risk.

They all here don't want you to know that though.
The behavior is sanctioned by staff too.. they have known since at least 2012.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 01:39:03 PM

Gettin' a bit off-topic but yeah i did neg that guy and LEAVE it on.
Not that it matters.. it was not long after that i had a band of assholes trash my rating.
When i negged the Paypal guy mine was neutral.. like +2

My story earlier was a tornado cluster fuck of deceitful shenanigans from the PP scammer.
He knew what he was doing was wrong.
He admitted posting on the forum that PP keeps catching him and closing his accounts.
He said he simply abandons his account + money and makes another one
..and keeps selling on the forum.

I pointed out then what happens if he all of a sudden he can't cover the seized funds by PP ?
You all shouldn't be doing that because it is in fact against their TOS.
If and when they catch you you will be in a lot of trouble.
So dealing with those people are extremely high risk.

They all here don't want you to know that though.
The behavior is sanctioned by staff too.. they have known since at least 2012.

Seems you have done nothing wrong, and the entire forum is conspiring against you!  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: