Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17158 times)
Bakukang

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:11:11 AM

In my country bitcoin is not that widely used.Maybe in the future I hope that I use bitcoins to pay for things that I want to purchase and buy.

camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:34:23 AM

No one will tell you precisely when retailers will accept bitcoin but one thing is very certain that one day they will accept bitcoin. Now a days people started investing in bitcoin and in near future most of the people will invest in bitcoin compared to other investments option available.
RajaJudi

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Less is more

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:37:00 AM

I do not think that retailers will accept bitcoin due to many reasons. First of all, the price of bitcoin is very high and it makes many people do not want to spend this cryptocurrency. They all believe that holding will give them more chance to be rich. Second, bitcoin is somehow slow and the blockchain of bitcoin cannot manage a huge number of transactions everyday

appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:43:31 AM

Probably the retailers could consider to accept the usage of bitcoin as a medium of exchange if the government or even the higher private groups support the circulation of cryptocurrency in the local trading businesses. When that happens, this will then be recognized as a legit way of exchanging goods and services between parties.

Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:50:54 AM

We cant tell yet when will be the retailers will accept bitcoin. As bitcoin fluctuates the price up and down so this means there are many things to considered before bitcoin will accept worldwide or even in a particular location. Though Im also hoping it would happen soon.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:35:54 AM

Just like Japan when all other country start to legalize the bitcoin then we can see more retailers accepting bitcoin as payment option. It is due to the status of bitcoin it is not able to get more retailers. In my country still bitcoin has not status so their is no stores to accept bitcoin but bitcoin users are so many who are doing trading in bitcoin and other altcoins and earning it and converting to fiat currency and enjoying it.

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:06:48 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 04:28:18 AM by bitllionaire

it may take time for you to interact socially bitcoin to everyone so they know bitcoin and get involved with it, if this is the situation, bitcoin improvement will continue to increase and perhaps numerous stores or any other implies that provide deal solutions with bitcoin.
Bitcoin is getting more popular socially and now it depends on social interest and massive social pressure on government to compel government to accept bitcoin a legal currency in the country because bitcoin will be acceptable in the market being a currency when a government accept and announce formally it a legal currency. Now people accept bitcoin on individual interest basis but it requires government approval and recognition for becoming a part of the market that shopkeepers might accept it as a receipt/payment.
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:47:36 AM

For me they will not accept bitcoin, because of its fluctuating price. Retailers are very intelegent when it comes to business, they will not risk their business in bitcoin. Maybe they are watching it first and see what will happen, but i am still hoping that all of them will accept it, because it would be great for all of us.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:47:51 AM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
There are many businesses that are now accepting bitcoin. I think 5 years from now that most of the stores in the world will accept bitcoin as daily payment. I am really believe that the cashless society will happen soon.
sorrowfulnightcries

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 11:00:14 AM

I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Give it a year , I think bitcoin would be accepted all throughout the world just like in japan and other south east asian countries. Imagine how bitcoin drastically changes from an unknown currency into the highest value currency that we have seen in just a few months. I think bitcoin can do this feat with just another few months.

Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:12:06 AM

Difficult question. But answer is very simple and logical. While all countries will not legalize bitcoin, nothing will change. If great countries will begin officially recognize and legalize bitcoin, then reception of bitcoins in the worldwide will begin. Many countries are afraid of risks, as bitcoin as we know is not stable and full of surprises in the form of money laundering and transfers without any identification.
Right.  The decision comes first to the government.  The time thst retailer have to accept bitcoin as payment depends on its legalisation in one country. But it can be hard because bitcoin has no fix value therefore the payment depends on how high or low the price of bitcoin which can result for your big loss when the price suddenly dumps when the time you have to use it. 

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:19:25 AM

https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.

That depends on their competitors. Usually, a business can get desperate to change their ways once their competitors offer a new approach to increase their sales. Right now, Amazon is starting to implement bitcoin, so that could be a stepping stone for others to offer the same services.

NiceBreeze

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:27:06 PM

I believe that sellers aren't in a hurry to consider bitcoin because they just have not heard about it however and don't know how to use it. If more purchasers ask about the potential of having to pay bitcoins, then much more retailers will start taking it.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 07:26:42 PM

I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Its just a matter of time since most of the investors and companies providing campaigns and services starting here are from the other part of the world aside from south east asia, I guess the more services and investors starts using bitcoins then different retailers and small businesses and individual will follow.

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:42:51 PM

Just like Japan when all other country start to legalize the bitcoin then we can see more retailers accepting bitcoin as payment option. It is due to the status of bitcoin it is not able to get more retailers. In my country still bitcoin has not status so their is no stores to accept bitcoin but bitcoin users are so many who are doing trading in bitcoin and other altcoins and earning it and converting to fiat currency and enjoying it.
yes they have recognized bitcoin as a digital currency , that is why they allows a lot of bitcoin exchanges to operate . and with that moves a lot of people start to curious and interested in bitcoin , in the end they feel secure with government regulation.

another country might have to follows japan step? to make citizens feel not insecure instead make an excessive steps like ban bitcoin?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
mikchail

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:28:22 PM

When we demand it instead than continually asking every single other.  If absolutely everyone in this thread wrote to Amazon it may come about these days.
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:30:03 AM

For dealers in the countries with not clear legal policy in relation to bitcoin there is risk to accept payments in cryptocurrency. In the USA at the moment SEC was already engaged in studying of carrying out ICO regarding violation of the law about securities. Therefore any independent initiative of dealers in the future can turn back for them the bad party. All large companies in condition of expectation of the exact and clear relation of the government to cryptocurrency. They can't risk the reputation especially as implementation of payments in cryptocurrency in the next several years doesn't promise big benefit. And many dealers use acceptance of payments in cryptocurrency only in the marketing purposes.
heraldlazaro25

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:38:54 AM

I think more retailers will accept bitcoin as a way of payment if bitcoin will become more famous around the world. Some retailers will be curious about it and will starr accepting bitcoin as a payment. Also, it depends to their country if bitcoin is legal in their place because there are countries that bitcoin was banned.

WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:49:17 AM

Some retailers are scared of accepting bitcoins in their daily transactions because they are not yet aware of the convenience of having bitcoins. It is really convenient if bitcoin is used in transactions, that way retailers can gain more profit if bitcoin price increases.
Tumanggor

Activity: 1050
Merit: 109

1xBit.. recovered their reputation

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 08:51:14 AM

soon, it is certain that in the future there will be many offline/online stores that accept payment through Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency,
without being taxed, this is very seductive ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: