Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:40:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17158 times)
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:57:48 AM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
I think more retailers will accept bitcoin as a way of payment if bitcoin will become more famous around the world. Some retailers will be curious about it and will starr accepting bitcoin as a payment. Also, it depends to their country if bitcoin is legal in their place because there are countries that bitcoin was banned.
That's possible to happened many retailers will accept bitcoin if many countries will legalized bitcoin as possible, to have this sort of things many retailers accepted it as means of payment and more stuff will come. Also what we also need is to have Bitcoin have its own value, I mean we still need fiat currency to determine its price. We needed that because if you look at it they're not coexisting at all,bitcoin is dependent on the fiats as I've said it will determine its value.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:55:36 AM

soon, it is certain that in the future there will be many offline/online stores that accept payment through Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency,
without being taxed, this is very seductive ...
There is no doubt that stores will accept bitcoin in the future and one of the countries that has a lot of stores that accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment is the country of Japan and there a lot of stores in Japan that accepted in bitcoin and it promotes convenient way of paying the things that they bought so i think that there is no doubt that sooner than later we can see bitcoin to be used as one of the popular mode of payment.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:49:12 AM

https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
I think more retailers will accept bitcoin as a way of payment if bitcoin will become more famous around the world. Some retailers will be curious about it and will starr accepting bitcoin as a payment. Also, it depends to their country if bitcoin is legal in their place because there are countries that bitcoin was banned.
That's possible to happened many retailers will accept bitcoin if many countries will legalized bitcoin as possible, to have this sort of things many retailers accepted it as means of payment and more stuff will come. Also what we also need is to have Bitcoin have its own value, I mean we still need fiat currency to determine its price. We needed that because if you look at it they're not coexisting at all,bitcoin is dependent on the fiats as I've said it will determine its value.
That's true, when more countries legalize the use of bitcoin, gradually the retailers accepting bitcoin too will increase bigger than ever. Strong proof for the same is the increased adoption of bitcoin in lot of retailers from Japan. This happened all of the sudden when Japan gave bitcoin similar support as they provide for fiat.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:53:48 AM

Its easy to say to a big country and progressive country. But for those in the third world country, they much prefer to use their regular cash. Maybe if the government help bitcoin to market it maybe somehow it will be use.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:05:25 PM

Some retailers are scared of accepting bitcoins in their daily transactions because they are not yet aware of the convenience of having bitcoins. It is really convenient if bitcoin is used in transactions, that way retailers can gain more profit if bitcoin price increases.

There are right to be scared, but think if amazon is in mood to adopt and accept bitcoin as payment then many will follow cuz amazon is not a small fish.
But main reason is that they are scared what will be if price suddenly drop what then, this is at least from my angle only reason they are afraid of adopting it and accepting it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

slavla3

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:06:26 PM

I feel that this will take place soon, simply because having bitcoins by sellers will guide to greater costs for products since of higher expenses. For little purchases, this selection will be extremely unprofitable.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 07:11:11 PM

Yes since more services are adapting to bitcoins because of increasing investors and users. Even I who lives in a third world country observed how little by little retailers in our country where gradually adapting bitcoins to their businesses. Even people whom I expected the least to learn the bitcoin are now bitcoin enthusiast so I think it wouldn't be a surprise if more retailers accepts bitcoins in the years to come.

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

ah thats gonna take time i do see restaurants near my house suddenly putting the banner bitcoin accepted here though i still see it empty majority of the time but if tourism starts getting promoted they can generate lot of income
shillberting

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:37:31 PM

Have some patience for another year and wait and see if a few countries in the world dont completely open up to bitcoin. I think it will gain more traction and wide stream acceptance especially once stigma is dropped and others join along.
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:57:10 PM

Only a few retailers have started accepting bitcoin. I think It will take five to ten year, when a large portion of them will accept bitcoin.
HalfDeck

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:49:51 PM

ah thats gonna take time i do see restaurants near my house suddenly putting the banner bitcoin accepted here though i still see it empty majority of the time but if tourism starts getting promoted they can generate lot of income
Haha, maybe your place are living do not have much people using Bitcoin or want to waste their Bitcoin to pay a food bill. Currently, the price of Bitcoin is increasing and it has became a currency and asset has high value, rare and famous with almost people in the financial field. I do not think any user of Bitcoin want to waste their Bitcoin easily.
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:17:26 PM

Only a few retailers have started accepting bitcoin. I think It will take five to ten year, when a large portion of them will accept bitcoin.
For me it will take whole time to the end of mining so 2040 will be the best year and most of countries will accept it.
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:27:29 PM

I guess that whenever retailers understand that there is a huge potential in accepting bitcoin and whenever they do understand that it can bring a fortune, than they would accept it.
Izarok

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:22:45 PM

More retailers will accept Bitcoin as it is more widely known and sought after. Digital currency is now on a rise both in popularity and usability. I think with the improvement of bitcoin it will be used in most of the establishment soon.

lagoon88

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:16:45 PM

A few retailers have already started accepting bitcoin, but I think most of them will accept bitcoin in five years time.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:01:28 PM

A few retailers have already started accepting bitcoin, but I think most of them will accept bitcoin in five years time.

Probably more retailers accepted bitcoin if they finally established the pros and cons of a country. The legalization of bitcoin that was accepted by a country it follows directly the rules and conditions implemented for us to be the bitcoin will not criminal issues anymore.
akd_dadi

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 08:20:42 PM

Retailers will accept crypto when:

1. The transactions can be authorised instantly (at time of order)
2. The transactions can be settled instantly (at time of dispatch)
3. The cryptocurrency in use can be easily converted to FIAT in a way that is not volatile

Cashflow is king, and HODLing is not going to work for most retailers, so, they need to be able to take money safely, quickly, and without worrying about the ups and downs of the market. Until that happens, they will resist.
josephdenne

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

Founder & Core Team @ Edge Network

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 10:35:10 PM

100% speed of transaction. Instant payments in crypto are already thing, so it's only a matter of time before the divide is bridged. Check Raiblocks: https://raiblocks.net

Edge is the infrastructure of Web3. A decentralized cloud, powered by the blockchain. Community: https://discord.gg/edge-network
zxl912157

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:27:24 AM

There is no hope in my country, Bitcoin is still forbidden to use. there is a new rule that Bitcoin users may not transact with Bitcoin.
very sorry, but neighboring countries have done it.
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:47:31 AM

I am not sure when will be the time that more retailers will accept bitcoin. Japan is really incredible because many stores their are now accepting bitcoin. I am sure that many businesses in the world will accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: