Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:43:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The end of bitcoin  (Read 1741 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 10:25:06 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2017, 10:37:48 AM by deisik

What the hell do you mean, personally if they spilt up it will fail? That makes no sense.

let me translate it for you, maybe it helps understanding what OP means:
"I have sold my coins recently at $2200 and am now wishing and also desperately trying with this topic to see a much lower price so i can buy back what i've sold

here is a little more help: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2020368.0 and this was posted yesterday meaning he sold at ~$2200

If anything, we are already there

Right now Bitcoin price goes down and is already well below 2,100 dollars per coin (at least, at Bitfinex). And personally, I would be surprised if it doesn't go below the 2,000 dollar mark and stay above that figure in the coming days. I don't believe in the split myself, but if it should come about I'm with the OP here, that it will most likely mean the end of Bitcoin, and if not Bitcoin itself as a coin but certainly the end of the Bitcoin era. Anyway, it should still happen one day, so why not today or tomorrow?

That's how it started

That's how it ended

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:37:35 AM

Back to 1000-1500 range

U pro's even chart ?

Not at all Man.Like a Roller coaster,Their will be a slight deviation.Either it will increase or decrease.But bitcoin is a stable currency.So it will never exit or get into ground like 1000-1500 $ and all.Due to July end process ,the price will reduce some how.But it will not reduce to 1000- 1500$ and all.After August 1,the price of bitcoin will double today's rate.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 11:38:32 AM

What the hell do you mean, personally if they spilt up it will fail? That makes no sense.

"I have sold my coins recently at $2200 and am now wishing and also desperately trying with this topic to see a much lower price so i can buy back what i've sold

here is a little more help: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2020368.0 and this was posted yesterday meaning he sold at ~$2200

Right now Bitcoin price goes down and is already well below 2,100 dollars per coin (at least, at Bitfinex). And personally, I would be surprised if it doesn't go below the 2,000 dollar mark and stay above that figure in the coming days. I don't believe in the split myself, but if it should come about I'm with the OP here, that it will most likely mean the end of Bitcoin, and if not Bitcoin itself as a coin but certainly the end of the Bitcoin era. Anyway, it should still happen one day, so why not today or tomorrow?

That's how it started

That's how it ended

Well it will surely end nothing really last forever, but I think bitcoin would not end, I really think August 1 will only be another new beginning for bitcoin we could just say that the impending August 1 would make bitcoin even great, but yes this event will certainly make the price of bitcoin drop a big amount because of the panic and fear selling of other users, but bitcoin would not end their.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8034

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:09:12 PM

That's how it started

That's how it ended

The James Cameron movie "Titanic" netted over $2Billion at the box office.  I guess we'd better get working on the movie rights for "Bitcoin".  We'll have to monetize this behemoth another way!

2017Bubble (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:45:00 PM

Well well,

called the downfall hours before it happens, named a loser by other early investers.

Who is the loser now huh? x3 my coins very soon.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:10:37 PM

I read somewhere that bitcoin is splitting up in 2 different chains?
Thats why the price is tanking to 50% of its marketcap.
Personally if bitcoin split up it will fail.
Time to get out boys and girls.
It was a fun little experiment.
- Where you heard that? Don't say on reddit which is full of fake news/info.
- 50% of its marketcap? Read the charts it haven't dumped that much.
- Even if bitcoin will split up, the chain with majority support will continue to work great and same goes for its price.
- If you want than you can get out of bitcoins, whales will love to buy cheap coins from guys like you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:11:48 PM

There is no bitcoin failure, if it is split, it remains as independent as any other currency, however, its value is undoubtedly reduced. That is the only thing that makes people worry.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:47:17 PM

The splitting of Bitcoin into two or more chains is not yet certain as of now and it does not mean that if a possible fork is there, it will happen, all are still waiting for a reliable source. The split may be unhealthy for Bitcoin but it does not mean that it will kill Bitcoin. This is just a scheme in order to intimidate some people and then sell their coins so that you can buy more at a lower price.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:35:08 PM

If bitcoin blockchain will be splitted into two than the one with stronger community will continue to grow, there is nothing like bitcoin will die after hardfork. You can take example of ETH hardfork for this.

Also if you look at how well LTC is performing after activation of segwit recently, you can imagine what will be bitcoin's price after august.  Wink

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:43:17 PM

No it won't happen this has happened in past and that time also everyone told it is the end of bitcoin but i still see many people demanding bitcoins. The marketcap is falling so is the price but if you are a long term holder I'm sure the price will rise again don't lose hope bitcoin gas changed most of our lives and I'm sure it will conti ue to do so
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 05:53:20 PM

If bitcoin blockchain will be splitted into two than the one with stronger community will continue to grow, there is nothing like bitcoin will die after hardfork. You can take example of ETH hardfork for this.

Also if you look at how well LTC is performing after activation of segwit recently, you can imagine what will be bitcoin's price after august.  Wink

And the funny thing is it has nothing to do with SegWit as such

I mean SegWit right now is pretty meaningless to Litecoin, there aren't even many SegWit transactions in their total number. Litecoin is doing well because people understand that if Bitcoin is going to bite the dust due to recent scaling controversies, Litecoin is already Bitcoin-ready, so to speak. But I agree that if SegWit gets successfully activated, we will likely see a huge green candle. But it sounds too good to be true somehow, that's why I'm heavily inclined to think that major miners will back off from their SegWit2x signaling at the last moment

endaiin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:56:46 PM

Bitcoin increase speed performance so should be upgrade, it good for bitcoin future. After upgraded it will go to the moon. Im not worry about the price now.  Cool
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8034

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:13:04 PM

Well well,

called the downfall hours before it happens, named a loser by other early investers.

Dude! Who called you a loser?  Nobody in this thread.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:17:52 PM

This really isn't very professional fearmongering. I was expecting something a little more subtle than this myself.

Still, I have just started crying and soon I'll be walking into the see with my G string filled with rocks.

I won't sell though.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:26:22 PM

-snip-

Actually the panic has been started and you can see the price falling right now and you cannot eliminate the little confusion to some holders since the downfall is pretty much alerting right now + their are articles about spliting of bitcoins where can contribute to its huge downfall. And maybe if this downfall continues this will hurt so much for those big bag holders since some of them will be force to sell their coins to avoid huge losses in the long run.

It started when the price was below $2,500 and with the news speculations coming out people tend to sell their bitcoins. Even for small time holders that holders 2-10 bitcoins, it's already a big hurt for most of us. Although I believe that there is a possibility that this storm will soon be calm down.

Dude! Who called you a loser?  Nobody in this thread.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:28:54 PM

The price of bitcoin is not going down because of segwit but due to fear and uncertainty that what is going to happen after August 1. In the long term i don't think anything will happen to bitcoin. People will sell there bitcoin at a very low price and when after few weeks when everything will be normal and price will go back they will regret what they have done.

Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:19:53 PM

your nice experiment bitcoin already has a new kid named bitcoincash before bitcoincash was born bitcoin already has a foster child named litecoin etheriumcoin and altcoin not surprised bitcoin will have more children
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: