Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:29:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Will happen if all bitcoin already mined ?  (Read 14681 times)
master2080

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:20:46 AM

Nothing happens, people keep mining because there are still transaction fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NeoTech42

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:46:44 AM

The last Bitcoin to be mined will be in 2140, in more than 100 years.

I doubt Bitcoin will still exist after somany years. From 1900's to 2000's, we have create disruptive technologies and the world has changed a lot.

But if Bitcoin will be there in 2140, then the demands of bitcoin will just go up and it'll be an alternative to the gold;
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:48:23 PM

First of all , if we reach the point when all the bitcoins are gonna be mined , the bitcoin price will explode , and I mean a big big explode in price because the race to gather bitcoin will be over from that point. Also the alts will go down and only the strongest will survive but I'm sure we gonna see this phase somewhere near the 2021 ( just for alts , not bitcoin), As far as I know , bitcoins will be mined around 2040 ? or something like this.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 02:28:30 PM

There are only 21 million total bitcoins that can be mined, what will happen if all bitcoin is already mined?
According to research if bitcoin reach its limit, it will be disappear but it doesn't happen already so don't worry. I think devs will solve the problem to extend.

Disappear to where? What research? simply state that this is your uninformed opinion. For starters, the blockchain will still be there so bitcoin is not going to disappear. Secondly, only worry of for miners as there will be no more block reward. But they will be sorted as they can still earn through transaction fees. But I think this will require the devs and bitcoin community to make changes on the blockchain. My 2 cents.
jeraldskie11, even a newbie know better than you and I wonder why you could post such false information that bitcoin will disappear after reaching the 21million. However, the only thing that will happen when bitcoin the total 21million is hike in transaction fee because that's the only thing the miners will depend on.

diwataluna

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:44:58 PM

The plan certainly has accounted for the day all bitcoins have been mined. From the POV of a miner, if bitcoin does become a status quou currency, earnings will be from fees. If you are a miner concerned with income, as already mentioned, no need to worry. You can mine other coins (if existing) or you can still earn from fees. Fees can't increase to the point of inconvenience, but the limit will probably be compensated by the number of transactions.
lgbtcoin

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:52:52 PM

Once all bitcoins are mined, the fee of miners will go up, as they will only be getting incentive in the form of fee from those who are transferring bitcoins to each other. Moreover, the huge volume of transfers will compensate for the charges borne, and they will still be paid a handsome amount.

Moreover, since no new bitcoins will be mined any further, the price of bitcoins will shoot up!
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:09:41 PM

I am sure the developer will do something about it before it occurs but if it really does happen then I guess miners will not have something they can earn or invest on. But as a business analyst I there is always a contigency plan for cases like these.
Who said there is nt a plan already. If the last block gets mined, miners will resort to transaction fees only and that is the only compensation that would be left for them which aint bad too anyway and by then bitcoin's value would have gotten up and probably transactions would have been speedy enough to make them make enough from all transactions per day.
ramyon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:29:10 PM

the decrease of investors also reduce the online business and reduce my income  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cry Cry Cry Cry
kinzey

Activity: 254

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:23:23 AM

If all the bitcoin is mined. I cant imagine what price the bitcoin is going to be. It might be harder to buy and it surely is going to be more expensive

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
std1390

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:18:20 PM

simply they can fork it and get another coin out of it!
something they know the best and done twice! Sad
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:44:36 AM

If all the bitcoins are already mined,  I believe the developers will work out something even better than what we see today.
But then, it will take a long time for that to happen, so why don't you just relax and take things one after the other.

bizalaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:16:39 AM

I think that is still ahead. Everything goes as it should
sachingoyal26495

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:13:48 AM

I think if all the bitcoins are done with mining , the prices will highly increase .

however i can not say this with true and proper belief.
CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:16:48 AM

Well when all the bitcoin will be mined , you better have some cause from there the real race begins , the price will be over 20k$ in my opinion of course. The 21btc theory is so damn good but hard to achieve now , maybe a little imposible.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:20:53 AM

If all the bitcoins are already mined,  I believe the developers will work out something even better than what we see today.
But then, it will take a long time for that to happen, so why don't you just relax and take things one after the other.
It is clearly understandable that the developer of bitcoin will not be happening to shut down bitcoin business and hopefully the developer will find out a solution to keep continue bitcoin journey. First, I think, no one is clear about bitcoin continuity or to end.

All are just assumptions but no doubt that bitcoin is very successful crypto currency and people trust on bitcoin much than other cryptocurrency. When bitcoin mined completely, then, I hope the developer will find out a way better to bitcoin future.
bitalive

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:27:10 AM

After all the bitcoin is mined, transaction fees will be the method to make money on bitcoin, just like another digital currency.
Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 02:55:22 PM

BTC is symbol of cryptocurrency and have a good PR strategy.
I think the creators of this idea will find new strategy of its development by that time.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:52:31 PM

BTC is symbol of cryptocurrency and have a good PR strategy.
I think the creators of this idea will find new strategy of its development by that time.
well the people behind will do their best in order to continue not just because everything was already been mined means that things will crash or collapse
for sure before that time came more adoptions and uses are already been created.
banjo07

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:02:46 PM

I love the answers here. I learned a lot.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:24:56 PM

Well when all the bitcoin will be mined , you better have some cause from there the real race begins , the price will be over 20k$ in my opinion of course. The 21btc theory is so damn good but hard to achieve now , maybe a little imposible.
The value will definitely be far more than that when before all bitcoins are already mined.
It is not something that should even be expected anytime soon, but when that time comes, we might just have to be looking at the transaction fees instead as a means of survivor for miners and not the other little incentives they keep getting from the mine presently.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: