Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:49:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JKC - The Scrypt Coin with Super Blocks  (Read 33135 times)
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 03:03:40 AM

When JKC will be on BTC-E or BTER ?
Good question, that everyone wants to know

The coin is 11 days old. To quote my post again:
js2082 has already done some footwork when it comes to exchanges. Feel free to e-mail and send petitions, but they are looking for a certain sustained hash rate. So while working the PR campaign with the exchanges, remember to encourage the miners out there to start mining JKC. JKC was started 10 days ago, getting on an exchange used to take months or years.

I also want the community to look at the value of the coins that were fast tracked onto the exchanges, we need to build a larger base community to support trading on an exchange. If JKC hits an exchange with too small a market, its value will plummet, as the trading volume will not be high enough to support a good value.

JKC does not need to make it to an exchange tomorrow or die. Give our coin and community a little time grow, or you might find it a flash in the pan. This does not mean I want you to stop encouraging the exchanges, but do not stake the whole value of JKC based on fast tracking to an exchange.

One of things I want to stress...PLEASE look at what happened to the value of the coins that fast tracked onto a larger exchange. How much longer do you think those coins are going to survive with such a low value?

If JKC makes it to a large exchange before it is ready (like mentioned coins) the trading volume will not support a decent price.  We need to build a large enough base community to support the trade volume needed to have JKC rise steadily in value.

Now is the perfect time to try and convince   (in a POSITIVE way)    the community members using other coins, to switch over to JKC. If the JKC community can  get the timing right, JKC could get on an exchange and grow in value.

All this being said,  only the exchanges have the power to put coins on their exchange. I repeat, they are looking for a certain sustained hash rate before adding any coin.

Patience will gain us a coin that can surpass any of the new coins, instead of a flash and balloon burst that has been witnessed lately on the exchanges.

Robert

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 03:22:40 AM

I will try to get a minor exchange setup that would basically be just be JKC/BTC.

doublec used to run some minor exchanges on code that he wrote from scratch, he has since stopped running the exchanges as it became more than a hobby.

I will contact him and see if I can buy the source code and rights to use it.

If I am successful, I will put up a minor exchange for JKC/BTC.

jj9guy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:30:59 AM

I dont think JKC has the adoption to support a JKC/BTC only exchange. LTC barely has that level of adoption.
whj

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:33:36 AM

Cry
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 03:35:11 AM

I dont think JKC has the adoption to support a JKC/BTC only exchange. LTC barely has that level of adoption.

If you look at the major exchanges, almost all the trading pairs are with BTC now.

example:

https://bter.com/

Even BTC-E is only introducing BTC pairs now:

https://btc-e.com/

I believe the days of matching with LTC may be over with the exchanges. Good or bad, that just seems to be the direction it is going.

MaxOnBit

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:45:54 AM

Is there a calculator and stats for JKC like this http://calc.feathercoin.com/   http://stats.feathercoin.com/
Or may be someone can do it ? Roll Eyes

jj9guy

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:47:37 AM

If you look at the major exchanges, almost all the trading pairs are with BTC now.

example:

I believe the days of matching with LTC may be over with the exchanges. Good or bad, that just seems to be the direction it is going.

No i didnt mean the fact that JKC is exchanged for BTC. I meant having a site that only traded in JKC and BTC (I didnt think adoption is large enough to support such a site).
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 03:56:58 AM

example:

No i didnt mean the fact that JKC is exchanged for BTC. I meant having a site that only traded in JKC and BTC (I didnt think adoption is large enough to support such a site).

I am not looking to rake in huge profits, only to support the JKC community by giving us a minor exchange. I am attempting to grow the community to the point when a large exchange does put up JKC, the community will able to generate enough volume to keep the price up and growing.

Because of all the recent fast tracking , many members expect a coin to be on a major exchange immediately, and we can see what happens to coins when that happens.

I am hoping that if I get and setup a minor exchange, it will help the JKC community retain and gain members so we can build the community to the point where a large exchange will not kill the value of JKC.

fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:10:15 AM

One of things I want to stress...PLEASE look at what happened to the value of the coins that fast tracked onto a larger exchange. How much longer do you think those coins are going to survive with such a low value?

If JKC makes it to a large exchange before it is ready (like mentioned coins) the trading volume will not support a decent price.  We need to build a large enough base community to support the trade volume needed to have JKC rise steadily in value.

Now is the perfect time to try and convince   (in a POSITIVE way)    the community members using other coins, to switch over to JKC. If the JKC community can  get the timing right, JKC could get on an exchange and grow in value.

All this being said,  only the exchanges have the power to put coins on their exchange. I repeat, they are looking for a certain sustained hash rate before adding any coin.

Patience will gain us a coin that can surpass any of the new coins, instead of a flash and balloon burst that has been witnessed lately on the exchanges.

Robert

Very good observations, totally agreed. However, we live in a get-rich-quick world, people just want do to pump-and-dump, they don't have patience. I am glad that JKC has a good vision, and I hope all your success.
scurvy

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:23:51 AM

9 entries on the new faucet so far.  I tossed a little JKC at it, too, just to try out sending JKC.

http://faucet.jkcoin.com/index.php
yager

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:45:46 AM

Finally lost my newbie status so I can post Smiley

Love the work being done on JKC. I'm still solo mining but will probably switch to a pool shortly. I cant see why this coin wont eventually make it to an exchange, with good leadership and community support it should make its way onto one.
lumpycustard

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:06:29 AM

Is there something going on with Junkcoin?  When I launch the client it makes connections quickly and everything looks good.  However after some time (up to half an hour) it decides to de-sync and re-download the entire blockchain.

MaxOnBit

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:10:27 AM

Is there something going on with Junkcoin?  When I launch the client it makes connections quickly and everything looks good.  However after some time (up to half an hour) it decides to de-sync and re-download the entire blockchain.
+1

fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:43:10 AM

I never saw this problem with the client.
Kalkuuuta

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:51:14 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 11:15:15 AM by Kalkuuuta

Is there something going on with Junkcoin?  When I launch the client it makes connections quickly and everything looks good.  However after some time (up to half an hour) it decides to de-sync and re-download the entire blockchain.

I have same alltime, today morning my wallet was crash and i close that and restart computer. Now i cant start my wallet anymore. I get error message:
"Runaway exception
A fatal error occured. Junkcoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: 11DExeption
Db::open: Invalid argument
C:\Users\name\dekstop\junkcoin\junkcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception"

What help, i have try everything but i cant start anymore wallet. I have now start computer 5 times again, close firewall and antivirus without help. After that error message when try start coming windows normal crash window and ask to close or search help, i have also delete log files without help there coming new logs with this messages only..

This crash same time i start make only red graph here:
http://jkc.sytes.net:19327/static/graphs.html?Day
7YsZ8brcQeQziiGwiD4FR9tKLG2nVAWdbs

Have my mining broken my wallet?

Error files in c:\users... looks like this:
db.log:

file unknown has LSN 8/9815391, past end of log at 8/9598239
Commonly caused by moving a database from one database environment
to another without clearing the database LSNs, or by removing all of
the log files from a database environment
__db_meta_setup: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin\blkindex.dat: unexpected file type or format
Database handles still open at environment close

-----
debug.log:

Junkcoin version v0.6.3.0-unk-beta (May  2 2013, 22:50:36)
Startup time: 05/15/13 09:12:24
Default data directory C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin
Used data directory C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin
Bound to [::]:9771
Bound to 0.0.0.0:9771
Loading block index...
dbenv.open LogDir=C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin\database ErrorFile=C:\Users\coin1\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin\db.log

EXCEPTION: 11DbException      
C:\Users\coin1\Desktop\JunkCoin\junkcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception      

EnvShutdown exception: DbEnv::close: Invalid argument (22)

I intall wallet first time again, i copy wallet.dat and then delete all files and download wallet again and unzip to computer then i start that again and close and copy old wallet.dat back. Go that right? Now that have long time stay out of sync without any connect. What can do?

Can i still mine to this wallet and i get that all when i get wallet again working?
whj

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:13:22 AM

I hope it will first listing
xxrforone

Activity: 115

NoHoooo

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:12:45 PM

more and more
erundook

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:03:27 PM

how long it takes to make it to an exchange? if i remember right, CNC and FTC were added to exchange in a day or two.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 01:15:21 PM

Is there something going on with Junkcoin?  When I launch the client it makes connections quickly and everything looks good.  However after some time (up to half an hour) it decides to de-sync and re-download the entire blockchain.

I have same alltime, today morning my wallet was crash and i close that and restart computer. Now i cant start my wallet anymore. I get error message:
"Runaway exception
A fatal error occured. Junkcoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: 11DExeption
C:\Users\name\dekstop\junkcoin\junkcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception"

What help, i have try everything but i cant start anymore wallet. I have now start computer 5 times again, close firewall and antivirus without help. After that error message when try start coming windows normal crash window and ask to close or search help, i have also delete log files without help there coming new logs with this messages only..

This crash same time i start make only red graph here:
http://jkc.sytes.net:19327/static/graphs.html?Day
7YsZ8brcQeQziiGwiD4FR9tKLG2nVAWdbs

Have my mining broken my wallet?

Error files in c:\users... looks like this:
db.log:

file unknown has LSN 8/9815391, past end of log at 8/9598239
Commonly caused by moving a database from one database environment
to another without clearing the database LSNs, or by removing all of
the log files from a database environment
__db_meta_setup: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin\blkindex.dat: unexpected file type or format
Database handles still open at environment close

-----
debug.log:

Junkcoin version v0.6.3.0-unk-beta (May  2 2013, 22:50:36)
Startup time: 05/15/13 09:12:24
Default data directory C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin
Used data directory C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin
Bound to [::]:9771
Bound to 0.0.0.0:9771
Loading block index...
dbenv.open LogDir=C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin\database ErrorFile=C:\Users\coin1\AppData\Roaming\Junkcoin\db.log

EXCEPTION: 11DbException      
C:\Users\coin1\Desktop\JunkCoin\junkcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception      

EnvShutdown exception: DbEnv::close: Invalid argument (22)

I install wallet first time again, i copy wallet.dat and then delete all files and download wallet again and unzip to computer then i start that again and close and copy old wallet.dat back. Go that right? Now that have long time stay out of sync without any connect. What can do?

Can i still mine to this wallet and i get that all when i get wallet again working?

This may have to do with the pool2pool setup.

First start with a clean slate (I know you did this already), but lets make sure. Copy your wallet.dat file or to be safe use the wallet backup function. Clear everything out of your /appdata/roaming/junkcoin folder.
create a simple junkcoin conf file in the junkcoin folder:

Code:
server=1
rpcname=xxxxx
rpcpassword=xxxxx
addnode=72.14.178.111

The IP in the addnode is the JKC node on CCE (It will be a proper seed node with the next github update)

Now let your JKC client run until synced (No pool2pool activated). When synced, shutdown and swap the wallet.dat file with the backup.

Start your client again. Try mining on one of the normal pools mentioned here and see if you have any issues. If you stop having issue, then it appears the problem may been in the pool2pool configuration.

The errors concerning moving the database and such, make me suspicious of the pool2pool setup, as it does run on a different block chain. If it is misconfigured it could cause these types of errors.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 01:21:38 PM

how long it takes to make it to an exchange? if i remember right, CNC and FTC were added to exchange in a day or two.

Alright, Once again:

The recent fast tracking of coins into large exchanges is a fluke. A fluke that has destroyed their value.

The exchanges are looking for a certain sustained hash rate to add new coins.

PLEASE READ MY OTHER  POSTS ON THIS SUBJECT.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202454.msg2138362#msg2138362

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202454.msg2151803#msg2151803
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: