Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:29:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JKC - The Scrypt Coin with Super Blocks  (Read 33144 times)
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 03:09:57 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 03:20:34 PM by dreamwatcher

good job dreamwatcher. While I appreciate your hardwork to fix the infrastructures, how to make more people mining the JKC?
need more promotions  Grin Grin Grin

We need the infrastructure to have the promotions and attract more users.

Right now JKC information is spread between pages and I would like to get them all on one site and with a facelift.

I already have a volunteer to build and run a forum at jkcoin.com. I am going to set up a 10K bounty for him.

I also need to talk to the owner of junkcoin.org (js2082?) to move the site to jkcoin.com and redirect the domain.

The same with the authors of http://al.tcoin.info/index.php?n=AltCoins.JKCCoin and http://baike.baidu.com/view/10574252.htm (Chinese wiki).

Depending on what the current publishers want to do, we may need some HTML talent to update and maintain the pages.

I also would like to set up a bounty to do some touch up on the JKC icon. Something along the lines of adding some blue around the boat ('Junk') and perhaps some silver inlay in the gold portion. The mono-color gold just does not stand out, but I like the basic design of the coin icon.

SO, lets start with that. Promotion will get people to explore the coin, but the webpages and community will go along way to convincing people to try the coin. If we promote too hard before we are ready, it could actually turn some away. First impressions mean alot, especially in this competitive environment.

thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:50:43 AM

Good strategy. I guess the owner of junkcoin.org is e777? or emfox? should be one of the two from original thread.
Yes I agree, we need get things setup and prepared. I see one of the success of the Worldcoin is that it has a super professional website, which attracted a lot of people.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
keonos

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:21:54 AM

Good strategy. I guess the owner of junkcoin.org is e777? or emfox? should be one of the two from original thread.
Yes I agree, we need get things setup and prepared. I see one of the success of the Worldcoin is that it has a super professional website, which attracted a lot of people.
the owner of junkcoin.com is js2082 . He is the founder of Jkcoin.
marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 02:29:09 AM

I also would like to set up a bounty to do some touch up on the JKC icon. Something along the lines of adding some blue around the boat ('Junk') and perhaps some silver inlay in the gold portion. The mono-color gold just does not stand out, but I like the basic design of the coin icon.

I think that there is no need for boat in coin icon, boat can be on site in header with short explanation beside what is Junk ship, coin must be striking and simple, I have some ideas. I'll try to make something different than other coins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
thisnewcoin

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:38:38 AM

Maybe, if we don't want the name "junk" be there, just make another look-similar logo, and put JKC there. We need to stay away from the name "junk" just not to cause confusion.

●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:55:24 AM

good job dreamwatcher. While I appreciate your hardwork to fix the infrastructures, how to make more people mining the JKC?

Right now JKC information is spread between pages and I would like to get them all on one site and with a facelift.

I already have a volunteer to build and run a forum at jkcoin.com. I am going to set up a 10K bounty for him.

I also need to talk to the owner of junkcoin.org (js2082?) to move the site to jkcoin.com and redirect the domain.

The same with the authors of http://al.tcoin.info/index.php?n=AltCoins.JKCCoin and http://baike.baidu.com/view/10574252.htm (Chinese wiki).

Depending on what the current publishers want to do, we may need some HTML talent to update and maintain the pages.

SO, lets start with that. Promotion will get people to explore the coin, but the webpages and community will go along way to convincing people to try the coin. If we promote too hard before we are ready, it could actually turn some away. First impressions mean alot, especially in this competitive environment.

I maintain http://al.tcoin.info/index.php?n=AltCoins.JKCCoin.

By redirect domain what do you mean? shall I just close the wiki?

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 05:21:28 AM

Only if that is what you want to do. What I mean is to have the wiki move to The jkcoin.com site and having the the current address point to the wiki on jkcoin.com. It would your choice if you wish to maintain the wiki on jkcoin.com or let somebody else.

Or do neither and keep your wiki where it is  Smiley

I am just trying to consolidate the web resources to one place, and it would save you hosting costs.

js2082

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:22:45 AM

the owner of junkcoin.com is js2082 . He is the founder of Jkcoin.
No I am not the owner of junkcoin.com. There's no junkcoin.com, there's a junkcoin.org, which e777 created, and I sent him some bounty for it.
js2082

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:27:53 AM

Only if that is what you want to do. What I mean is to have the wiki move to The jkcoin.com site and having the the current address point to the wiki on jkcoin.com. It would your choice if you wish to maintain the wiki on jkcoin.com or let somebody else.

I am just trying to consolidate the web resources to one place, and it would save you hosting costs.

Yes it's a good idea to consolidate the wiki. For the junk boat, still a nice logo, dreamwatcher can decide whether we want to keep it or not. I am ok either way.
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:35:18 AM

So how and when could I do the moving ? I could easily redirect the site address, btw.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
thisnewcoin

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:45:34 AM

I guess just redirect all the traffic to jkcoin.com

marcetin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 10:11:26 AM

This is just sketch, just to see what I have on mind.

I will also try to make version with sail in middle .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
thisnewcoin

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:08:45 PM

this looks too different than the original one  Grin

marcetin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:38:49 PM

this looks too different than the original one  Grin

Yes, my idea is to make something that look different than other coins icons, when people see on list or in group with other coins to recognize JKC, I'll make few more sketch, with some different form.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 05:02:04 PM

So how and when could I do the moving ? I could easily redirect the site address, btw.

Over the weekend I will create sub domains for the webpages-forum and accounts for those maintaining those items on the server.

I will not be on much today as my Wife and I are celebrating her birthday, and have multiple plans today. I will be back on the job late tonight.

What I need now is to have the owners of the webpages-wiki to PM with  what they want to do in terms of their webpages-wiki, so I can get everything set up.

marcetin, I would like to stay away from a mono-color. More like silver inlaid gold or vice-verse. It would be great to keep something in terms of the 'Junk' as it would help deflect the meaning of the word junk as most people think when they hear the coin was originally called junkcoin. I appreciate your work and I will set up a bounty  later tonight.

keonos

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:10:21 PM

Myself and two friends who are graphic designers and creative, we performed an original logo and icon.
We have also made the icon for web shops.
http://s20.postimg.org/irbwby7pp/lookagencia_com_4_jpg.jpg
                    http://s20.postimg.org/kqsi3d215/lookagencia_com_2.png
http://s20.postimg.org/njlpne2dp/lookagencia_com_1.png

I hope you like it ....!

our web is www.lookagencia.com
MaxOnBit

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:08:33 AM

Myself and two friends who are graphic designers and creative, we performed an original logo and icon.

I hope you like it ....!

very very nice !

fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:16:48 AM

I hope you like it ....!

very very nice !

Yes excellent, very professional looking
marcetin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 01:24:18 AM

fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:41:28 AM

this is great too, but I'd avoid the explicit word of "junk" in the logo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: