Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a relation between Bitcoinprice and Gold price?  (Read 3222 times)
tauceramica

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:25:01 PM

Hi folks,

I'm new posting here but old investor. I was wondering if there's a direct correlation between bitcoin price and  www.bitcoin.com  and Gold price  www.goldprice.com .
If you look at the charts in evident that gold started to drop when bitcoin did or vice versa? Is there any systematic correlation?
Thanks in advance
BITCOIN eat GOLD.

No that's not correct bitcoin is totally different thing and Gold is something what always will value has because only a certain amount of gold exists in the world.

Bitcoin has also limited supply, you know that right. Bitcoin is not something has unlimited supply. So they are very similar to each other for their amounts and value. They're unique, not abundant.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:16:04 AM

The price of gold is remained constant while bitcoin price was rapidly changed over the years. If the gold price remains, bitcoin has the potential to dominate the gold in years coming because of price changed instantly. Gold should keep for the safest vault while the bitcoin can keep in the wallet. Bitcoin can possibly be gone in a one minute or worst maybe in second.

Gold is also a volatile asset, although it may not be as volatile as Bitcoin or any other type of crypto-currency. Check these charts, which gives more details about the gold price movement:

It is clear from the chart that there is a lot of volatility with the gold exchange rates.
Yes exactly what I was saying i got a clue now I can say that there is volatility with gold exchange some poor people suggest me these type of things on Facebook which was not related to my work. So first of all i would say that yes it is true that volatility is exist with gold exchange rates because we can see all these thing easily here. So thanks for that.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:59:02 AM

Well i don't think there's a relation between them? Although many people compare about bitcoin and gold, and often discuss about it, i think that's only because they want to tell that bitcoin is more profitable than gold.
And also, bitcoin is digital cryptocurrency. Meanwhile, gold isn't. So i don't think they have something to do with each other.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Rove_V

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:08:52 PM

Hi folks,

I'm new posting here but old investor. I was wondering if there's a direct correlation between bitcoin price and  www.bitcoin.com  and Gold price  www.goldprice.com .
If you look at the charts in evident that gold started to drop when bitcoin did or vice versa? Is there any systematic correlation?
Thanks in advance
BITCOIN eat GOLD.

No that's not correct bitcoin is totally different thing and Gold is something what always will value has because only a certain amount of gold exists in the world.

Bitcoin has also limited supply, you know that right. Bitcoin is not something has unlimited supply. So they are very similar to each other for their amounts and value. They're unique, not abundant.

Okay but bitcoin is virtual money and he can never be in your hand but gold is in physical form and gold is also natural gift. I think that is something what we need appreciate.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:32:47 PM

Well i don't think there's a relation between them? Although many people compare about bitcoin and gold, and often discuss about it, i think that's only because they want to tell that bitcoin is more profitable than gold.
And also, bitcoin is digital cryptocurrency. Meanwhile, gold isn't. So i don't think they have something to do with each other.
In my opinion gold and bitcoin have nothing to do at all. As you would say that bitcoin is now much more profitable than gold. Because if bitcoin and gold have something in common then they should both have the same decreasing and increasing price graphs. So gold and bitcoin have no dependence on each other.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:40:05 PM

that is right my personal view is that there is no relation between bitcoin and gold price. i think we should not compare them with each other, in fact bitcoin is a currency while gold is a precious element but we cannot use it as currency for buying and selling things.
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:27:51 PM

yes there is no relation between bitcoin price and gold price in fact bitcoin is the currency of the new era, there is a big fluctuation in the price of bitcoin where as the price of gold remain as constant and very stable.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:36:50 AM

There is no direct relation between bitcoin dan gold. Bitcoin and gold are two different things. And they do not affect each other. But, both can be used as an investment.
Right, I don’t think so there is any kind of relation between bitcoins and gold. Both are poles apart and do not share anything except for being the mode of investments and payments. Bitcoins are digital currency where as gold is a metal. It’s really ludicrous to compare both with each other. But yes, if we do make a comparison, bitcoin will have more votes because currently its demand is far more than gold.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:52:24 PM

There is no direct relation between bitcoin dan gold. Bitcoin and gold are two different things. And they do not affect each other. But, both can be used as an investment.
Right, I don’t think so there is any kind of relation between bitcoins and gold. Both are poles apart and do not share anything except for being the mode of investments and payments. Bitcoins are digital currency where as gold is a metal. It’s really ludicrous to compare both with each other. But yes, if we do make a comparison, bitcoin will have more votes because currently its demand is far more than gold.
I too don’t understand why people love to make comparison between two entirely different things. They both are not on the same page. Bitcoins are the latest digital currency whereas gold is an ancient way of making payments. Gold is clearly less favored now a day than bitcoins. Bitcoins are more profitable than gold.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:56:08 PM

There is no relation between bitcoin and gold price, this two are different from each other and unlike our world currency each of them does not directly affect the price. However it can affect indirectly depends on demand the more they compare each one the more it can affect.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:33:37 PM

I'm new posting here but old investor. I was wondering if there's a direct correlation between bitcoin price  and Gold price  
Since you are an old investor you might have already knew that there is no direct correlation between the price of bitcoin and gold price nor neither any correlation between the stock market valuation,there might be a few investments from here and there but that wont make a big difference all together,because i do not expect million to flow into bitcoin when other markets are down and vice versa.
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 09:38:56 PM

THANKFULLY no, I've actually lost on gold whereas my crypto keeps doubling in value. I doubt it will ever have correlation to anything traditional. Maybe if/when crypto stabilizes but that's not like to happen even once crypto gets to trillions in MC.

albibu (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 01:50:46 PM

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance

Hmm, the graphs definitely look pretty similar but I can't think of any reasons why they might be related. They are 2 different types of investments with probably different markets as well. Maybe think of this in a practical sense and it will be easier to explain. Bitcoin is a fairly new cryptocurrency that has a new market, is decentralized and also can be used to make purchases online. While gold is a rare metal, that is used for fashion and also one of the oldest investment options out there, it is super stable and is on a steady climb up, while bitcoin just feel around 1000 USD in the span of one week. Both investment options, but they are still totally different things, and probably have no relation to each other.

Yep but it's been days and still behaving same way, kinda weird to say the least
Prem.Soorajpaul

Activity: 199

0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:03:23 PM

I have checked the historical prices, and I am yet to see any relation between the Gold price and the Bitcoin exchange rates. I don't think that there is any relation between the two, since both are entirely different type of assets.

bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:28:21 PM

There is none and i'm confident about my answer. It is not related and not even systematically possible to be in effect to each other. The looks or the high price is mostly the same for it all in demands in this time.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:46:52 PM

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance
Nope I don't think so. The reason why is people don't buy and sell bitcoin to buy /sell gold. Since it doesn't have a direct or indirect link to both bitcoin and gold the price cannot be influenced by the other. But there is a common thing that influences the price is the US dollar, the price of gold and bitcoin may increase/decrease in a smaller ratio because of the US dollar. The main thing that influences most of the price is the common people.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:50:42 PM

The only relationship I see in the fact that they are both digital in that most people who hold dont have the physical coin in the case of bitcoin and the raw gold kept at home in the case of gold aside that, I dont see any relationship. I dont trade in Gold neither do I know anyone who does and equally in bitcoin. They have their two independent consumers or clients and any relationship in the price of the two is function of coincidence.
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 05:36:41 PM

There is no correlation between the price of bitcoin and gold. Now bitcoin is three times more expensive than an ounce of gold. And seven or eight months ago this price was equal. The principles of the formation of the price of gold and the crypto currency are different.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:10:01 PM

The only relationship I see in the fact that they are both digital in that most people who hold dont have the physical coin in the case of bitcoin and the raw gold kept at home in the case of gold aside that, I dont see any relationship. I dont trade in Gold neither do I know anyone who does and equally in bitcoin. They have their two independent consumers or clients and any relationship in the price of the two is function of coincidence.
Yes there is no relation b/w Gold and Bitcoin. Both have different futures and platform. Gold we can use it legal way but Bitcoin it is illegal currency in many countries. You can trade bitcoins you will make a profit. But gold trading is not profitable it is just long term investment asset it does not give more profit.
trippki

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:26:26 PM

I think there may have been, however, with bitcoin heading more towards mainstream adoption, their respective prices seem to have dramatically diverged. I would say that should we have some form of global financial hiccup then I would expect both to rise quickly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: