Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:02:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UMC] Unity Matrix Commons - Democratized Risk Management  (Read 65461 times)
Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:39:28 AM

Your manifest against the current insurance system is pertinent and interesting, but how do you want to reduce those flaws? Do you and your team intend to offer this product to whom? People who attend this forum bet that not even 1% have insurance.
BitFarmer75

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:05:00 AM

Your manifest against the current insurance system is pertinent and interesting, but how do you want to reduce those flaws? Do you and your team intend to offer this product to whom? People who attend this forum bet that not even 1% have insurance.

Are a internet thug?
hihihishi

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:12:23 AM

I don't appreciate this comment. What do you mean, " People who attend this forum bet that not even 1% have insurance?" I have a lot of medical problems and I do have insurance. I'm here looking at this coin to help pay for co pays for things that I can't pay for.
MadPanda

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:18:51 AM

Are a internet thug?

Mihawk
I get what your saying but from what I can gather the product is meant to help alleviate insurance overhead. I honestly can see it doing more then this that is if its not locked to specific cases or to insurance policy in general. Also where I live if your company has more then 40 employees you have to have a limited insurance policy and they are horribly over priced in all areas ....thanks Obama  Angry

BitFarmer75
I don't think he meant to be a thug perhaps he's curious to know who can actually use the product.

umbrellacoin (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:27:06 AM

Thanks for reading  Smiley

I'm not sure I agree that only 1% have insurance. I know in at least the US and Canada there are car insurance mandates. We posted some links on our twitter about business insurance in Asia being unpopular due to cost and rising insurance premiums in the UK. At worst, people are aware of insurance, but there may be other reasons why they don't pursue it like confusion of language or cost. I think insurance can very much be a reactive industry around the world, and we are trying to make it a proactive industry. If things are affordable, transparent, and provide real benefit then we're confident it will attract users. We think the first step of this is giving people a real headway into the hidden costs of traditional insurance. If we can offer any coverage, or augment existing coverage, it's better than no coverage. We reviewed the prospect of launching something to compete with insurance, but that is a risky endeavor, at least initially. There are tons of social/legal/logistical issues to deal with offering government approved insurance.

Thanks for your questions!
Ouyunk

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:29:54 AM

Though with a slightly creepy name, I'm sure it's an interesting project, they will not make us into zombies, right ?, really interesting idea, I hope this project continues to grow, I wait for bounty, soon, good luck dev
MadPanda

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:57:36 AM

Will it have zombies

Grin Dude I'm saying!
Honestly the name got me interested and I love this idea but all I could think of at first was [This is a front for making bio weapons]  Roll Eyes

hihihishi

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:08:11 AM

Though with a slightly creepy name, I'm sure it's an interesting project, they will not make us into zombies, right ?, really interesting idea, I hope this project continues to grow, I wait for bounty, soon, good luck dev
Bounty Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2027272.msg20195463#msg20195463
goovsy

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:07:51 PM

Will it have zombies

And Milla Jovovich as a PR ambassador =))
dzkrb

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:18:47 PM

Will it have zombies

How without it? Someone has to fight with the corporation? And really. The name was chosen with the association to the popular series of films.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
erep

Activity: 2338
Merit: 596

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:23:26 PM

First I thought this is a shitcoin started by Umbrella Corporation, if you know what I mean. Read the whitepaper and the idea is really moving. But isnt there a coin already serving this process.? What is the difference between Umbrella and InsureX.?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tasrep

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:40:01 PM

New project but very impressive, very good for us follow, hopefully this project continues and success. thank you

Crypto-Court
Universal Cryptocurrency Platform
https://cryptocourt.online/
umbrellacoin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:54:03 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 09:38:45 PM by umbrellacoin

Will it have zombies

How without it? Someone has to fight with the corporation? And really. The name was chosen with the association to the popular series of films.

We chose the name because the concept of an umbrella covering you, like insurance and benefits are supposed to cover you. It has nothing to do with the popular video game/film/fantasy universe. Although if that garners additional interest, great. Smiley

First I thought this is a shitcoin started by Umbrella Corporation, if you know what I mean. Read the whitepaper and the idea is really moving. But isnt there a coin already serving this process.? What is the difference between Umbrella and InsureX.?

We think we differ from InsureX in a few ways. We don't necessarily see ourselves as competitors, even.

1. InsureX is providing a platform for buyers and sellers to conduct business for insurance. Our community is both buyer and seller. They make profits by charging a fee and data mining.
2. The insurers on their platform may still not sell coverage that is agreeable to the policyholder. It is also unclear if this qualifies as proof of insurance, or what countries this will launch in.
3. Most importantly, there still may be deductibles, co-insurance, co-pays on the network. InsureX is trying to simplify the traditional insurance process, which is important, but still carries some risk of traditional insurance.

Really, I could make a case for carrying both tokens. InsureX is for traditional larger claims that should be at a better rate, and UMC is for smaller claims.

The reason we're able to handle smaller claims when traditional insurance companies can't is simply process overhead. If you have a minor dent/scratch in your car that would cost $300USD to fix, there is practically no insurance company that would cover that because your deductible would never be that low. Why? Insurers need to file paperwork, do claims adjusting, handle customer service, talk to other parties etc. Filing a claim costs an insurance company more than just the money they pay out. If we incentivize the community with some rewards, we can cut out the big overhead and pay those small claims. If you're buying from a larger insurer on their platform, it is less likely they will cover those small claims.
jwsu1113

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:50:40 AM

Everything looking very nice,I decided to invest in the project and I hope this will be the right decision.
Wishing for the project will be successful than what I expected
MadPanda

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:28:44 AM

Umbrella I was curious do you currently have a target exchange or exchanges you will be looking to release on?
Also about the float pool if you lock into this plan can add more funds after buy in?

umbrellacoin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:43:07 AM

Umbrella I was curious do you currently have a target exchange or exchanges you will be looking to release on?
Also about the float pool if you lock into this plan can add more funds after buy in?

We have started compiling some of the prerequisites for getting listed on Bittrex and some other exchanges. We're leaning towards waiting until we get closer to launch to push forward.

At this time, we're not planning on allowing users to add more UMC after creating a policy. We're doing this for simplicity, but could envision lifting that requirement shortly after launch.
transt_95

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:10:29 AM

I'm looking forward for the success of ICO, I have faith in this. The long term goal of this will surely be made possible!Goodluck for this project.
treebobjoe

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:35:11 PM

What is happening with BTC/BCC? Do you think it will affect your ICO? I'm new to crypto, so I'm just trying to find some help.
hihihishi

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:05:21 AM

What makes Umbrella Coin a unique type of cryptocurrency?
cryptoisdafuture

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:40:12 AM

Well part of the uniqueness in my eyes in just that it deals with the insurance sector which is a pure scam, and cheats the customer at so many levels. For this particular ICO, their dev team seems pretty competent given their credentials. In non crypto world as well, the white paper would qualify as a serious startup but would probably be weighed down by thousands of healthcare-based regulations put in by the government.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: