Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:18:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UMC] Unity Matrix Commons - Democratized Risk Management  (Read 65457 times)
makulo123

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:04:44 PM

Do you have any investors, that are planning to invest your ICO? Some advisors that are backing this platform?
cryptovn83

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:03:19 PM

Many different types of projects are being developed on top of the Ethereum blockchain as we speak. Umbrella Coin is one of those projects and it has a lot of potential. More specifically, the team is looking into providing the next generation insurance platform. Life will happen in one way or another and being prepared for the worst is never a bad idea. There will also be an ICO for Umbrella Coin in just over 1 days 5 hours from now.
I will in and you?
umbrellacoin (OP)

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:41:16 PM

Do you have any investors, that are planning to invest your ICO? Some advisors that are backing this platform?

I don't like to name drop, so I won't, but we've been in contact with two large American investor groups who are offering partnership/advisory along with a large seed investment. Nothing is finalized, so I don't want to jinx anything. We've also been in contact with another Korean investment group.

The insurance advisers we have are mostly still working in the industry today, so they didn't want to be listed on our site because of potential conflict of interest. We left one of our main advisers on the whitepaper (Brandon), who has worked in underwriting and sales. The adviser listed on our site is a retired actuary and we have spoken to many other former and current employees in the industry to figure out offerings that work. We may adjust some of the percentages as time goes on.
cryptoisdafuture

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:44:48 PM

Hey I'm curious to know how the vote incentive system is going to work? Will this be similar to the STEEM platforms up vote system? Will there also be limits to prevent people from spamming?

Voting is mentioned in great detail including incentives for "good" voter behavior, why they will vote etc. in the white paper. I found it pretty enlightening

What makes a voter good or vote good?

What makes a voter good is if they're continuously active in the community and they regularly participate in votes and discussions. Again, there will be incentives for being active. What makes a vote good is if it is right - and right means that given the evidence you voted appropriately. Say someone scratched their car and filed a claim. I would expect the community to say: how much did it cost? how do we know you didn't already file an insurance claim for these damages? is there a police report? etc. We're going to allow the submitter to upload more information while the process is going on to make it more of a conversation with the community. As for assessing what's right, initially we are going to have staff with underwriting and claims experience review submissions to help build up reputation in the community.

The white paper also mentioned something about "good" vote is one which given a voter's voting history tallies it against the final outcome of their individuals vote & see how often they tally. If the number is very low, we consider there is something wrong. If it's high, then it's in the right direction. Sounds like there could be some flaws in this, such as if everyone always votes no then the one voting yes will be losing out but in white paper they said they will be  encouraging voters to vote "truthfully" as their stake in the float is unrelated to whether other claims get approved. I would strongly encourage you to read the Section UMC # Voting in white paper if you're seriously considering being a customer/ investor in the project as I did.
cryptovn83

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:54:05 PM

I don't like to name drop, so I won't, but we've been in contact with two large American investor groups who are offering partnership/advisory along with a large seed investment. Nothing is finalized, so I don't want to jinx anything. We've also been in contact with another Korean investment group.

The insurance advisers we have are mostly still working in the industry today, so they didn't want to be listed on our site because of potential conflict of interest. We left one of our main advisers on the whitepaper (Brandon), who has worked in underwriting and sales. The adviser listed on our site is a retired actuary and we have spoken to many other former and current employees in the industry to figure out offerings that work. We may adjust some of the percentages as time goes on.
Umbrella Coin is an Intriguing Insurance-related Project. Yeah it will be very good to hear some more info about this
MadPanda

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:59:51 PM

Hey I'm curious to know how the vote incentive system is going to work? Will this be similar to the STEEM platforms up vote system? Will there also be limits to prevent people from spamming?

Voting is mentioned in great detail including incentives for "good" voter behavior, why they will vote etc. in the white paper. I found it pretty enlightening

Thanks for pointing that out I completely missed that the first time around was skimming threw.

Question for the Devs is there going to be any potential partnerships between other ERC20 companys?

join2

Activity: 537
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:32:57 PM

i think this is a very good project that my insurance conpany fully supports this tidy hopefully will reach the maximum target of token sales good luck
umbrellacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:01:43 PM

Thanks for pointing that out I completely missed that the first time around was skimming threw.

Question for the Devs is there going to be any potential partnerships between other ERC20 companys?

Funny you should mention that because our CEO literally just connected with the CEO of InsureX on LinkedIn and they're discussing possibly collaborating in the future.
BitFarmer75

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:45:00 PM

Funny you should mention that because our CEO literally just connected with the CEO of InsureX on LinkedIn and they're discussing possibly collaborating in the future.

That sounds great!!!
umbrellacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:01:48 AM

Our crowdsale is now live at https://www.umbrellacoin.org/crowdfund

This is the only place where the crowdsale address will be posted - tokens will be distributed by the contract at the time of deposit.

https://medium.com/@umbrellacoin/our-crowdsale-is-launching-85b36ad07a64

Thank you all for your support and questions thus far and this is just the beginning!
Alex_UMC

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:16:28 AM

Now it starts! Grin Grin Grin
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:21:01 AM

Now is raised 4 eth.
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:24:48 AM

PS
in facebook bounty I asked them and they said
the rules for facebook and twitter are the same FOR those who finding the rules and conditiong in facebook bounty
your welcome Smiley
Alex_UMC

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:38:30 AM

Now is raised 4 eth.

7 now
BitFarmer75

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:51:42 AM

it's moving more
cryptoisdafuture

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:20:03 AM

It looks like it's at 147 now, that's so quick. I better get into it while the pre-sale lasts. I want more tokens to buy a good policy for myself Smiley
ticterine

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:21:43 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 03:36:33 AM by ticterine

it's moving kinda slow
BitFarmer75

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:48:14 AM

wow, its growing they just started.
cryptoisdafuture

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:52:43 AM

wow, its growing they just started.

Are you buying any UMC? How much ETH are you investing into the project?
bjjobg55206

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:10:17 AM

Can I join the ICO now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: