Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:42:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain voting . We can change the world  (Read 462 times)
Drassler (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:22:18 PM

Hello people ! I am somewhat of a newcomer in the blockchain tech, but i find it fascinating and possibly life-changing. I live in an eastern european country where political scandals are dominating and electoral fraud is a present topic in EVERY campaign ( where it be local, parliamentary or presidential elections ) .

A little bit about myself : i am in my late 20's , and am a part of one of the important political parties dominating the political scene of my country . I have access to the people in charge of my town ( and they have access to the people ruling the country ) . I would like to propose to them and maybe sell them the ideea of blockchain voting which i personally find fascinating . But how would it work ? How would i sell this ideea to non tech savy authoritarian folks who basically rule this country ?

How the hell do i convince stonemen that the earth is round without being called insane and burnt to death for witchery ( this is a metaphor btw don't get it literally ) .

Decentralisation is the future.

If someone wants to help with this PLEASE i have the means to present it to influential people . Let's try and change the world folks . History will punish us if we dont.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:50:43 PM

You want to take power away from those who fraud in elections. I guess you'll have to build an alliance among parties that receive the short end of the stick, and with that alliance you have to force an election reform.

But let's say this blockchain voting works and people can vote from their house. Then you'll get new problems: for example, people will be forced to submit a vote that was not of their choice, or the internet connection is cut out in some areas that vote unfavorable for a certain party.

http://www.govtech.com/security/Will-Blockchain-Based-Election-Systems-Make-E-Voting-Possible.html

Drassler (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:17:44 PM

I was actually wondering if this could solve the so called "dead people voting" problem ( i.e people who have passed miraculously voting - another form of electoral fraud ) . i think the ideea in itself is magnificent from a philosophical point of view but to be put in a practice is a whole other thing ...
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 08:21:41 PM

https://github.com/the-laughing-monkey/cicada-platform maybe you can check this Smiley

Cicada: A Distributed Direct Democracy and Decentralized Application Platform

This paper outlines a revolutionary, open source, decentralized application platform (DAPP) along with its first major application, a distributed direct democracy (DDD). To create something scalable enough to run an entire nation with no representatives, we created two cutting edge technologies to serve as the foundation of the platform:

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:09:15 AM

Forget blockchain voting. Forget voting, period.

In the USA at least, Government recognizes the private contract as superseding Government. Contract for everything in Trust. Let the blockchain be the recording proof so that we don't even need Notaries. Do the contract thing like this.

Somebody gets a trust started with some money being held in the trust. The trust owns the money. The trustee of this trust is Trustee A.

Somebody else gets a trust started with some property in it, say, a car. This trust owns the car. The trustee of this trust is Trustee B.

Trustee B wants the money. Trustee A wants the car. They both appoint each other as the new trustee of their trust, and then they resign.

Now, Trustee A controls the car. Trustee B controls the money.

If the trusts are written properly, they still own the property, and the trustees can designate beneficiary changes, as to who gets what property out of the trust.

There are all kinds of ways to do it.

Notice that the property did not exchange hands. Therefore, no sales tax or income tax. Done the right way, there would not even be any knowledge of the trustee changes except in the blockchain for proof, or if some party to the trusteeships made it known.

The wealthy know all about this and do it all the time.

Regarding voting, if we did all money transactions like this, there would be no income tax, and Government wouldn't have enough money to keep on going. Voting would have no significance.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:23:18 PM

I think if they understand it, then they're more likely to not accept it. Voter fraud is a favorite tool of authoritarians, giving the semblance of democracy though everyone knows it's rigged anyway. The blockchain would somehow prevent this and that is not to their interest.

It might not be ethical but I think the only way you can get these people to implement blockchain is if you'd misrepresent it, leaving out the proof part and focusing on other stuff, for example the savings to be made (oh they'd love hearing that) or maybe a faster vote count (so they can formally get back to their staunchly-protected seat).

https://github.com/the-laughing-monkey/cicada-platform maybe you can check this Smiley

Cicada: A Distributed Direct Democracy and Decentralized Application Platform

This paper outlines a revolutionary, open source, decentralized application platform (DAPP) along with its first major application, a distributed direct democracy (DDD). To create something scalable enough to run an entire nation with no representatives, we created two cutting edge technologies to serve as the foundation of the platform:

Direct democracy is an interesting concept. Of course whether it works is a different matter. It would only be as good as the people who run it - its citizens.

IadixDev

Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 03:37:27 PM

It would only be as good as the people who run it - its citizens.

Which at any rate would not be worst than the elitist cabale running it today, would it ?

Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:41:27 PM

If the government wanted fair elections that have already been introduced this voting system. Also would be easy for the technology of the blockchain to organize a recall system. Maybe for this in America and patented the blockchain in order not to appear seditious thoughts?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:26:12 PM

If the government wanted fair elections that have already been introduced this voting system. Also would be easy for the technology of the blockchain to organize a recall system. Maybe for this in America and patented the blockchain in order not to appear seditious thoughts?

Regarding the USA, Government likes the 4th Amendment... privacy. This way nobody can come out and prove which way he voted. They can bring in the dead or the illegals, and have them vote as many times as necessary. And to keep from violating the privacy of anyone, nobody can be forced to tell how he voted... if you can find him.

Blockchain might work. But voting almost never does anything in government. Government simply keeps on running as it has for ages. Outside of Trump making a few changes, the rest of the elected Government is a  bunch of actors on stage.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:38:47 PM

That would no be an easy move in the mean time or anytime soon until biggest blockchain network is stable (bitcoin) and fully adapted in an official way from most countries at least 90% percent of EU - USA . then we can make peoples to use it for voting \election as trusted system.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:42:11 PM

That would no be an easy move in the mean time or anytime soon until biggest blockchain network is stable (bitcoin) and fully adapted in an official way from most countries at least 90% percent of EU - USA . then we can make peoples to use it for voting \election as trusted system.

Voting means little. The bloated Government does and hides anything it wants.

Cool

mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:28:30 AM

Honestly it seems very perspective, but dealing with governmental authorities is serious. Blockchain voting may seem insecure for those who has old school values and outdated attitudes. Hope you will find a way for convincing political parties. Good luck
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:14:16 AM

Why do parties need. Election campaign costs a lot of money. They also need this money back and even earn. If you will honestly vote it becomes a question whether it will be possible to withdraw your vote. Politicians don't need.
nappoleon

Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:14:53 AM

It is a good idea, considering participants are honest but that's not the case. blockchain may guarantee trustless voting transparency and fraud-proof operation, but it won't prevent bribe from parties involve to voters. So in conclusion, blockchain voting might alleviate the characteristics of democracy. However, it does not solve really the problem, it may need more work on game theory architecture but that's going to be a longshot. Let crypto mature a little and will go on that direction.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kaz2305

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:38:15 AM

Why do parties need. Election campaign costs a lot of money. They also need this money back and even earn. If you will honestly vote it becomes a question whether it will be possible to withdraw your vote. Politicians don't need.

Elections do not need a lot of money at all. The major parties have the money from the corporations that control them to bombard the public with their campaigns, leaving the politicians who actually want to do some good in the word without a voice to tell the people as the do not have the funds to do so and will not be bought to do so. Political parties should be like what we have here in Australia for our Rugby League Clubs. A cap!!!!!  Not one team can have all the best players and pay them what ever they want and money is no object, because all the team have a salary cap to level the playing field. The same should be with our political parties. Corporations should not be able to donate millions of dollars to one party. For one, they actually do buy something with their so called "donations". Its not a donation at all.  One idea I have is that political parties have a membership and there can be different levels, but they are capped to a certain amount and hey if one party gets a nice little sum of money trying to be underhand, well, it can never go over the max membership rate and so the balance over and above gets distributed amongst the  other parties evenly. How much different would our world be, if the people that cared and wanted to make a change for the better of society and the people, could get a say on an even playing field. We don't need money (as we know it) or blockchain in politics and it doesn't even have to cost anything to have a vote/election. We need a mediator/overseer (doesn't have to be people, but I think they should be, but its hard these days to find honest unbiased people as soo many people are enslaved to this world and greed has taken many peoples souls) to make sure the parties vying to be elected are keeping honest and in line with limits. Damn, the majority of people in Aust have anything to do with our elections, are volunteers, from the people that sit in the halls all day to cross you off the roll to say you voted to the people who count the votes. They do it cause they care, not the money and thats how our governments elected should be as well. So where does the billions of dollars go!!! On advertising and brainwashing which none of needs to cost.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: