Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy now... or on July 31st?  (Read 4808 times)
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:07:18 PM

to find the answer to your question here or in the future if you read this comment you should always ask yourself one thing. why did the price drop? and how will it reverse?

in this case the drop was because of a lot of FUD that caused a lot of panic from a possible split. then when price reached the bottom and also when the signalling for the soft fork started, the price recovered.
my expectation is that as the signalling grows and support becomes stronger the price will also keep rising. and as the soft fork locks in with a huge support the price will rise up a lot and will do it fast.

this will happen before July 31st and has already started the first step.
All is because of investors. When they get panicked, there is tremendous increase in selling which somehow drops the prices. Forks also play very crucial role in all this game. Regarding forks, I have same opinion. Growth in signaling and increase in support lead to pump in values and same is going to happen this time.
Well it was a great opportunity that most of the people have missed due to vagary of bitcoin crash but I think yesterday and today’s price is enough to disillusion about bitcoin. What we see today is the price after panic selling in the market, which has been created by a group of individuals to achieve their goals. If there was no panic selling then the price would have remained around $2500.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Proximity Scan

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:36:40 PM

to find the answer to your question here or in the future if you read this comment you should always ask yourself one thing. why did the price drop? and how will it reverse?

in this case the drop was because of a lot of FUD that caused a lot of panic from a possible split. then when price reached the bottom and also when the signalling for the soft fork started, the price recovered.
my expectation is that as the signalling grows and support becomes stronger the price will also keep rising. and as the soft fork locks in with a huge support the price will rise up a lot and will do it fast.

All is because of investors. When they get panicked, there is tremendous increase in selling which somehow drops the prices. Forks also play very crucial role in all this game. Regarding forks, I have same opinion. Growth in signaling and increase in support lead to pump in values and same is going to happen this time.
Well it was a great opportunity that most of the people have missed due to vagary of bitcoin crash but I think yesterday and today’s price is enough to disillusion about bitcoin. What we see today is the price after panic selling in the market, which has been created by a group of individuals to achieve their goals. If there was no panic selling then the price would have remained around $2500.

Well your guess is accurate but buying bitcoin among 1 august (1-2 days before or after it) is very riskful investment. If I were you, I would wait until the market calm down.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:01:45 PM

I think the buying days are already over. From the graphs and charts it shoes that Bitcoin has started recovering. As for buying on July 31, many exchanges are already warning of closing shops to confront August 1. There's so much confusion out there about this impending split.
Just keep on buying while it is not that late. The price is still good for buying because the price is quite stable for now. I guess we'll experience this today up to July 28. And if the price seems falling then you just buy by that time immediately.
Yeah the price has not reached yet to the level where it should be though bitcoin is struggling hard to maintain its price and don’t come below $2000. This is a healthy sign which keeps indicating the power of bitcoin. The drowning price of bitcoin is a result of speculation which will most probably be over in the next 20 days, the current price fall is opportunity for buyers. 
SomethingMAD

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:30:33 PM

Well your guess is accurate but buying bitcoin among 1 august (1-2 days before or after it) is very riskful investment. If I were you, I would wait until the market calm down.
On that date all the exchangers have made an announcement not to make any transactions, and they will not be liable in case of spli or worse.
Waiting for normal is better.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:57:47 AM

Many people are buying now and the price is soothing up. Currently bitcoin price above $2, 800 this is a sign that the prophet of dum that we prophecy that this is the end of bitcoin has been put to shame. Thank you op for this useful information.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:02:29 AM

Buy now if I were you. But not all in. Try to buy slowly and accumulate. Because the market now is still unpredictable. We may go straight $3000 before August or we have another correction. What is important is Segwit2x already locked in.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:41:46 AM

Buy now if I were you. But not all in. Try to buy slowly and accumulate. Because the market now is still unpredictable. We may go straight $3000 before August or we have another correction. What is important is Segwit2x already locked in.

Indeed. I don't think we have to worry about segwit anymore. I was able to acquire a couplenof btcs when it came down below 2k so that's instant earnings for me already in a mattee of days. If you can earn btc, then good though i also thinks its good to buy now and stock up. Just continue to buy btc if you have the chance.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:57:13 AM

Indeed. I don't think we have to worry about segwit anymore. I was able to acquire a couplenof btcs when it came down below 2k so that's instant earnings for me already in a mattee of days. If you can earn btc, then good though i also thinks its good to buy now and stock up. Just continue to buy btc if you have the chance.
There is no harm in buying bitcoin at this time, because bitcoin prices are predicted to continue to rise. So do not worry we will experience a loss because the profits will come to us in the future. Stay patient and never panic to sell the bitcoin we have. Buying as much bitcoin as possible with the money we have can make us achieve satisfactory results.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:19:56 PM

There is no harm in buying bitcoin at this time, because bitcoin prices are predicted to continue to rise. So do not worry we will experience a loss because the profits will come to us in the future. Stay patient and never panic to sell the bitcoin we have. Buying as much bitcoin as possible with the money we have can make us achieve satisfactory results.

I wouldn't trust the predictions too much. I could remember similar predictions from 2014, which claimed that BTC will rise to $10,000 per coin by 2017. It actually went down by 80%, to $200 per coin in 2016.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:52:08 PM

I wouldn't trust the predictions too much. I could remember similar predictions from 2014, which claimed that BTC will rise to $10,000 per coin by 2017. It actually went down by 80%, to $200 per coin in 2016.

There is a lot of difference b/w 2014 to 2017. Just 1 year back the price fluctuated in b/w $500 to $600. But now it increased 400%. What you say for this increment. You are comparing 2014 price but compare to 2016 you will know how much percentage the price is increased. I don't know others that they have trust on Bitcoin or not but I believe in bitcoin.
SomethingMAD

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:47:48 PM

Many people are already buying Bitcoin right now. Hoping after 1 August BTC prices will be craze. Before August 1st everyone was worried, and some raced to take advantage of this moment.
I can only see, what will happen next.
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:51:06 PM

I think you need to buy if you have enough coins or money. Also one should buy if the price is relatively low after this moment you will earn a profit. In my experience, I was in doubt when buying last time when the price is low.. Now that it is almost hitting a higher price. i should have a profit now. But still, waiting for it the price to be low. Yet we cannot predict what will happen next. Maybe we should take a risk in buying. Grab the chance. We never know what will happen next.
mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:26:50 PM

BUY and HOLD (I don't like hodl) You don't want to buy at 5000 do you  Wink

The waves are coming.  Get ready for the ride.

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
dannayum

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:09:13 PM

I was waiting for the perfect moment for to much time in the past. I would say buy NOW and HOLD.
tauceramica

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:16:53 PM

"Buy and hold" would work 10 days ago but today the price is complicated to consider. We need to wait for another dump so that we can get cheap bitcoin soon for long term ideas.
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:54:40 PM

Many people are already buying Bitcoin right now. Hoping after 1 August BTC prices will be craze. Before August 1st everyone was worried, and some raced to take advantage of this moment.
I can only see, what will happen next.
i think those people who are confident about the price of bitcoin that after 1st August it will start increasing so such people are in fact buying bitcoin in advance and they are holding it for the price increase. to me as i have already a good number of bitcoin and therefore i have decided to hold my bitcoin even after 31st August because i am also sure about the price of bitcoin that it will continue increase for a long time and very soon going to hit 5000$.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 09:29:55 PM

It doesn't look that bitcoins would be dumped by July 30th or 31st as now the price is rising. There was a panic last week and buying on 31st July would be a terrible idea as most transactions may get stuck on the network and after that the chains too would change. Trading till August 3rd-4th would be a bad idea and it's better to hold now and observe. Hopefully after the change transactions would get confirmed soon and we would see cheaper tx fee with bitcoins above $3000-3300.

Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:36:52 PM

The best time for those who have not yet entered the crypto currency market is to wait for Bitcoin to become 1,800 dollars or so. Shocked As soon as this happens, you need to buy. Market analysts predict Bitcoin by the end of the year a rate of 4,500 US dollars. Grin
People missed out on this chance to buy low priced coins because they had fear of what bitcoin was to become of bitcoin and now that people are informed of what is going on price has stabilized

I think the buying days are already over. From the graphs and charts it shoes that Bitcoin has started recovering. As for buying on July 31, many exchanges are already warning of closing shops to confront August 1. There's so much confusion out there about this impending split.
Buying of bitcoins will keep reducing as we head towards August 1 for the new protocols to be rolled out and we get to know what the future of bitcoin holds. For the time being, we just need to sort out our funds into wallets we actually have control of the private keys to avoid losing any uncertainties
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:40:28 PM

It doesn't look that bitcoins would be dumped by July 30th or 31st as now the price is rising. There was a panic last week and buying on 31st July would be a terrible idea as most transactions may get stuck on the network and after that the chains too would change. Trading till August 3rd-4th would be a bad idea and it's better to hold now and observe. Hopefully after the change transactions would get confirmed soon and we would see cheaper tx fee with bitcoins above $3000-3300.
There are sites who disabled their btc withdrawals already, I've experience that in liqui when I trade yesterday but I did not bother to find out if there was a release statement on what it happen but I understand it is related to the segwit thing. Because I cannot transfer my BTC then I decided to just put it there and just wait for the right time when it's already available, I don't want to compromise my money so I need to trust them.

CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:15:56 PM

It looks like the biggest uncertainties will be resolved this Friday, July 21st. With far above 80% support for SegWit2x, August 1st should not matter anymore (as BIP 148 will not trigger).

That would mean between now and Thursday should be the best time to buy.

On the other hand, August 1st is passed around everywhere as the "day of doom." Many uninformed people out there. So maybe wait till July 31st to buy? And will there be any risks left after Segwit is activated later this week?

The key question is: How much FUD will be left in the market after Friday...?

You were right, as since July 21st bitcoin price has started to recover. But BIP91 has been locked-in, and August 1st won't be the doom day obviously.
I am sure there are some people who wants to spread fud news about chain split in order to get cheaper coins, but we don't know how the market react to those news because bitcoin price has stayed over $2700 for days. If you want to buy, wait for all this bad news are over, because we might have one more dip before segwit be activated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: