Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:10:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Po.et - digital creative assets timestamped onto the blockchain  (Read 40012 times)
Tonisim

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:00:39 PM

Regulation Can’t Fix Digital Content Attribution

How can online content be shared in ways that protect intellectual property rights? That’s one of the questions behind a proposed law that moved a step closer to approval in the European Union recently.

It’s also a question that we here at Po.et spend a lot of time pondering. And while we are in agreement with the EU legislators behind the proposed law that current processes for sharing and licensing online content are broken, we think the solution they envision is far from ideal.

The proposed law includes two articles that concern us. One, Article 13, would place the burden on digital content publishers to ensure that all of the content they publish is in compliance with any licensing agreements that may apply to it, even if those agreements are not made clear when the publishers acquire the content. The other, Article 11, would mandate that sites that republish news articles pay a fee to the outlets where those articles originated.

We understand the EU’s concern with enforcing copyright agreements and protecting intellectual property. However, we believe its approach is flawed as it is difficult to enforce and dramatically stifles creativity and innovation in digital content.
https://blog.po.et/regulation-cant-fix-digital-content-attribution-49b921b2d9bd
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

Is there a mechanism to digitize hard copies of historical documents to be stored on the Poet platform and subsequently maintaining ownership also?
skyward007

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:13:16 PM

Is there a mechanism to digitize hard copies of historical documents to be stored on the Poet platform and subsequently maintaining ownership also?

no, that is not on the cards; Po.et is a shared, open, universal ledger designed to record metadata and ownership information for digital creative assets. You must have the asset already digitized.
chemal

Activity: 621
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:20:18 PM

I would love to publish my works in the block chain, is there any way to add sheet music to the poet's network?
TPB_Cryptofan

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:41:13 PM

I would love to publish my works in the block chain, is there any way to add sheet music to the poet's network?

Hey! You should head over to their Telegram for any questions you have, they have people there to answer questions 24/7.

The CEO also has been posting weekly updates on the progress of development. Check out the post from this Tuesday : https://t.me/poetofficial/110577
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:59:07 PM

If the SEC classifies all ERC20 ICOs as securities, including po.et, what will happen? any statement from any devs?
TPB_Cryptofan

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:48:31 AM

If the SEC classifies all ERC20 ICOs as securities, including po.et, what will happen? any statement from any devs?

The CEO addressed this in their telegram channel here : https://t.me/poetofficial/108438
-Kaizer-

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:04:39 AM

How will someone as musician can take advantage of this technology? How can one use this token in this sector?
Ruthenian

Activity: 354
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:11:14 PM

How will someone as musician can take advantage of this technology? How can one use this token in this sector?

Right now it seems like music-artists are the only ones making real money on touring and commercial licenses, streaming has become a marketing channel.
Po.et has the potential to disrupt the structure of this radically. Imagine using POE as a fan incentive? If you pay 1 POE per PR stream... and The concert ticket is equivalent to 1500 POE, let people who have seriously streamed/listened to a song or album above the market average receive a discount to a concert by that amount, say 700 POE discount.
You can also do revenue sharing for your curation - Get paid to make your own playlist that others listen to - because of artist marketing. And Combine music with lyrics-marketplaces.

(Po.et keeps a ledger of all creative assets. Its technology records all actions, changes, and locations of origination for IP rights disposition. Using Po.et, brands, publishers and individuals now have an equal opportunity to access the best content and own an original voice regardless of business and historical relationships. Creators own their IP and their identities, as defined by their creative assets on the platform. Control of distribution and message by publisher and brand is now reversed. In the market today, Po.et is the first and most evolved open-source publisher on the blockchain.

If we think about how this can be applied to content and music we can start to see way content can be monetized via the Po.et platform)
naikaka

Activity: 389
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:55:41 PM

CEO Jarrod Dicker's Weekly Update - July 3, 2018

Recency, Relevancy and the birth of Reputation

The web is built on two components: recency and relevancy. Every single thing that's searchable, digestible or created on the web is driven from these two notions. How can I find the most recent content? How can I find the most relatable content, verbatim to my search? What's happened is that the consumer driven web has affected the creator driven web--and that's not a good thing.

Why?

I think it’s very important to emphasize the differences between the product and the business of media. Journalism is the product. Outside of news, the content and information delivered is the product. Your art is the product. Media is the business. The business shouldn't directly influence the artistic integrity and motive of the product. It's supposed to compliment it, not drive it.

The web was built on discovery, and discovery has two indicators of value when it comes to finding content. As mentioned above, those two are recency and relevancy. Unfortunately, the discovery behaviors impacted journalism behaviors (business influencing product). This influenced IP, ownership and what goes into the "process of thought". Writers and creators started changing the way they create content based on how users search for it and find it. And that is unfortunate, because it limits the artistic freedom of creators and the true value of the product of journalism. This is the value that blockchain will bring; how can we put value back in the hands of creators? How can we show that content, music, art, EVERYTHING is undervalued, and put true emphasis on the value of a creator’s work?

This is the value of Po.et.

Over the past 6 months, we've worked hard to expedite the development and marketing of the next phase of the Po.et Project in preparation for the next 6 months. You've read this in our blog posts, watched at our speaking engagements and every medium beyond. We are approaching important milestones with Po.et and have been transparent on what's coming, when, and how. Big things to keep an eye out for:

1) Moving to Mainnet 2) Alpha partner announcements 3) Engineering milestones that coincide with Mainnet (batching, licensing, marketplaces) 4) Technical partnerships and POEDL programs

The next 3 months will be the most exciting and important moments in Po.et history since its inception. This will be when Po.et goes mainstream and begins its journey to change the way the world looks at information, IP and the value of reputation. Please don't blink, as you may miss the amount of updates releasing.

As always, stay committed, stay excited and stay focused on what's next. We're going to change the world.

JD
shekhar198

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:47:25 PM

i was buy 514 po.et coin on kucoin exchange ,but today when i login in kucoin exchange my coin are 0 and Po.et also not in coin list
 #shekharbhardwaj5@gmail.com this is my email id pls give me the ans. and give me  solution
naikaka

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:38:57 PM

i was buy 514 po.et coin on kucoin exchange ,but today when i login in kucoin exchange my coin are 0 and Po.et also not in coin list
 #shekharbhardwaj5@gmail.com this is my email id pls give me the ans. and give me  solution

Hey there, you'll have to contact Kucoin to find out how to retrieve your tokens.
Cryptocurrencies News
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:41:18 PM

Po.et is transforming the publishing and digital media industries by putting the power back into the hands of content creators, and reinventing the marketplace.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/poet-transforming-publishing-digital-media-using-blockchain-tickets-47217716461?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:44:46 PM

Building the Bridge to a Better Web
In the blockchain space, it’s the quietest projects that competitors should be most concerned about. Especially now. Less talking means more listening and more building. The quiet, focused projects of today will be the loudest in terms of usability, utility and user base tomorrow. That is the investment we’re making at Po.et.
https://blog.po.et/building-the-bridge-to-a-better-web-e2c257e475a5
naikaka

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

Hey guys, there's a new Engineering report out today! Check it out here: https://blog.po.et/july-2018-po-et-engineering-progress-report-ead91299140c
skyward007

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:59:41 PM

Great turnout at The Disruption Lab this morning! Read more here:

https://twitter.com/_poetproject/status/1017773021715673089
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:51:05 PM

CEO Jarrod Dicker's Weekly Update - July 3, 2018

Recency, Relevancy and the birth of Reputation

The web is built on two components: recency and relevancy. Every single thing that's searchable, digestible or created on the web is driven from these two notions. How can I find the most recent content? How can I find the most relatable content, verbatim to my search? What's happened is that the consumer driven web has affected the creator driven web--and that's not a good thing.

Why?

I think it’s very important to emphasize the differences between the product and the business of media. Journalism is the product. Outside of news, the content and information delivered is the product. Your art is the product. Media is the business. The business shouldn't directly influence the artistic integrity and motive of the product. It's supposed to compliment it, not drive it.

The web was built on discovery, and discovery has two indicators of value when it comes to finding content. As mentioned above, those two are recency and relevancy. Unfortunately, the discovery behaviors impacted journalism behaviors (business influencing product). This influenced IP, ownership and what goes into the "process of thought". Writers and creators started changing the way they create content based on how users search for it and find it. And that is unfortunate, because it limits the artistic freedom of creators and the true value of the product of journalism. This is the value that blockchain will bring; how can we put value back in the hands of creators? How can we show that content, music, art, EVERYTHING is undervalued, and put true emphasis on the value of a creator’s work?

This is the value of Po.et.

Over the past 6 months, we've worked hard to expedite the development and marketing of the next phase of the Po.et Project in preparation for the next 6 months. You've read this in our blog posts, watched at our speaking engagements and every medium beyond. We are approaching important milestones with Po.et and have been transparent on what's coming, when, and how. Big things to keep an eye out for:

1) Moving to Mainnet 2) Alpha partner announcements 3) Engineering milestones that coincide with Mainnet (batching, licensing, marketplaces) 4) Technical partnerships and POEDL programs

The next 3 months will be the most exciting and important moments in Po.et history since its inception. This will be when Po.et goes mainstream and begins its journey to change the way the world looks at information, IP and the value of reputation. Please don't blink, as you may miss the amount of updates releasing.

As always, stay committed, stay excited and stay focused on what's next. We're going to change the world.

JD

Every weekly update is on point. Po.et is developing in a great pace and is having a Unique usecase. This project is the one to watch in 2019.
naikaka

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:56:56 PM

CEO Jarrod Dicker's Weekly Update - July 17, 2018

The Mission, Mainnet and More

Po.et is building the decentralized protocol suite for ownership, discovery and monetization of content. The verifiable web. We often talk about the philosophies of what this means in terms of the future of the web and how we're building bridges not moats to get everyone to the other side. As I mentioned last week, the web is currently built on the pillars of recency and relevancy. These pillars are strained and need a core foundational element to drive their value in the next phase of the web. That foundation is reputation. The interoperability of the three "Rs,” not just in the sense of discovery but in development as well, is critical to building a better web. But enough with the philosophy, where are we technically?

Our VP of engineering, Eric Elliott, published the monthly Po.et engineering update last week as we document our road to mainnet and other critical releases. You can (and should!) read it in its entirely here: https://blog.po.et/july-2018-po-et-engineering-progress-report-ead91299140c. For those who are short on time, I summarized key talking points and development milestones/futures below:

1) Everything on the web is centered around content. If content is king, Po.et is the kingdom and it exists to support and sustain the people living and working in it. If we succeed, the Po.et protocols will impact nearly every company in the world, just like the web protocols did.

2) Po.et is tearing down the walls. The walled gardens are transforming into open marketplaces. All of this is possible because some powerful innovations are converging: Blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, decentralized computing…

3) Why the Bitcoin blockchain? The Bitcoin blockchain gives us the consensus we need to make verifiable claims about content rights, trustworthiness, reputation and quality, and those needs are resonating with the industry leaders who we are talking to.

4) What can I get started with today? The Po.et testnet, attribution, an API (Frost), integrations, developer libraries, a mobile app.

5) When Mainnet? In June, we were tracking fewer than 100 total to-do items for mainnet. In July, we’re tracking 174. We’re making healthy progress toward a mainnet beta launch in the coming months. Months.

6) What have we been working on? Claim batching to ramp up our scaling capabilities, fixing bugs, conducting security reviews, achieving automation of essential workflows, finalizing protocol details for Bitcoin mainnet, improving documentation of everything and making token utility advancements.

So, as you can see, we're close. By continuing to build and strengthen the protocol, the features on top of it and our market presence, we're looking to close 2018 with a serious bang. The efforts from our engineering team are being complimented by our community development efforts as well as business development and marketing efforts. We're finalizing our first partner batch to start experimenting on the protocol and building reputation around their works. This, on top of our community efforts, will start to really push innovation on the protocol as we run toward mainnet.

What else is happening? This week, we're on stage at Distributed 2018. You can find more details here, https://2018.distributed.com/. Po.et is onstage with our friends Civil and Axios as well as moderating the session around TCRs. It will be a fun time with the best and brightest in the blockchain world figuring out how, together, we can build a better entry path into our new world.

A lot more to come. Very soon.

To follow along the conversation, or be part of the po.et community. Please join our Telegram group: https://t.me/poetofficial
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:17:45 PM

5) When Mainnet? In June, we were tracking fewer than 100 total to-do items for mainnet. In July, we’re tracking 174. We’re making healthy progress toward a mainnet beta launch in the coming months. Months.

Can the team give an indication for the release? Will it be 2018 or early 2019?
naikaka

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:24:53 PM

Can the team give an indication for the release? Will it be 2018 or early 2019?

Hi Dvd1989, there is no date to give at this moment. The po.et team is working hard to get the mainnet out, but in order to work effectively they are not setting a deadline on it.

Thanks for your interest and support!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: