Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:04:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone hacking mybitcoin.com accounts: Proof  (Read 7093 times)
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:20:54 PM

I have the IP!!!!! MBC was at least smart enough to give me that. They were hacked and now won't do anything for us? A**holes. 24.184.196.101
Light em up, boys!

Nothing you really can do, just like someone can do a chargeback when you sell them WoW gold.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerfelix

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:39:57 PM

I have the IP!!!!! MBC was at least smart enough to give me that. They were hacked and now won't do anything for us? A**holes. 24.184.196.101
Light em up, boys!

Might want to check with the good folks at optonline.net.
Code:
C:\>tracert 24.184.196.101

Tracing route to ool-18b8c465.dyn.optonline.net [24.184.196.101]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

And remember, you can have better luck if you call as a network admin, talking to one of their network admins.  As soon as you get the police involved, they'll likely insist on a subpoena.  But if you call one of their network admins, and let them know the time and, if they won't give you the name of the user (I doubt they will), maybe you can have them set aside the name of the user for when the police come.  Preserve the records.

Not sure how you got the IP address, or how reliable that is, but that's what I'd do.

PS  I should add that this was advice given to me by local police about 8 years ago, when I was investigating a hacking incident where I was pretty sure I knew who the intruder was.
aceman1011 (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:51:40 PM

Ermmm... Not worth it. I am gonna try the remote access metasploit attack and see if I can steal this persons wallet later. Involving the police doesn't really seem worth it though. They're in Brooklyn, and the hacking incident occurred in servers in the West Indies.  Undecided

Rent my 800 + mh/s rig. PM me!
NicholasBell

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:21:40 PM

24.184.196.101 is a Tor exit node according to https://check.torproject.org/cgi-bin/TorBulkExitList.py?ip=194.63.142.59&port=80, so it's almost impossible to figure out who it actually was. Good luck though for what it's worth.
aceman1011 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 10:19:34 PM

24.184.196.101 is a Tor exit node according to https://check.torproject.org/cgi-bin/TorBulkExitList.py?ip=194.63.142.59&port=80, so it's almost impossible to figure out who it actually was. Good luck though for what it's worth.
Ummm... You entered the wrong IP. I did a port scan and it is dead. Definitely not Tor.

tito13kfm

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:20:02 AM

Light em up, boys!
http://i53.tinypic.com/3463i2g.jpg

That's the IP of a TOR exit node.  It's not the person who hacked you.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:26:08 AM

aceman101 do you even have any proof that it wasnt you making that transfer?

There is absolutely no way for this forum to know wether your intend is just to make mybitcoin.com look like shit.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
aceman1011 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:38:18 AM

Lol, look at all the other posts reporting stolen bitcoins going to the same address. People are reporting that their miner passwords are being changed, and they also have different MtGox passwords. The evidence is all around you, you're just too thick-headed to acknowledge it.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:48:55 AM

aceman101 do you even have any proof that it wasnt you making that transfer?

There is absolutely no way for this forum to know wether your intend is just to make mybitcoin.com look like shit.

That much we know he didn't. Many mbc accounts were depleted to the same address, one of mine included.
Except in my case I know it was due to the mtgox db party, because it was an account matching mtgox's data, and most (except this guy actually) of the other users felt under the same situation of share a login between mtgox and mbc.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:57:59 AM

uh I dont believe you, simple as that.

I had my mtgox password unchanged with 25BTC in mybitcoin.com at the time deciding if these rumours were true then someone would steal my coins.

None of it is gone, same password still.

All I can think is that you guys arnt being honest about using a shitty password at mtgox and the same shitty password at mybitcoin.com so it took the crackers <3hrs to find the password.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
EricJ2190

Activity: 134
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:02:01 AM

Ummm... You entered the wrong IP. I did a port scan and it is dead. Definitely not Tor.

No, it isn't the wrong IP, unless you gave us the wrong IP. The IP address you posted is in the list. As to why your port scan comes up empty-handed, it could be filtering incoming connections, or just be too bogged down to handle your connection attempt.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:02:12 AM

Beats me how the cracker got to a 14 char upper+lower+numeric salted password, but... he did.
Not blaming it on mbc thou.

@Eric,

Guess you would need to start by explaining to him what is Tor in the first place...  Roll Eyes

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
NicholasBell

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:35:08 AM

No, it isn't the wrong IP, unless you gave us the wrong IP. The IP address you posted is in the list. As to why your port scan comes up empty-handed, it could be filtering incoming connections, or just be too bogged down to handle your connection attempt.

Right -- that is a list of some Tor exit nodes among which the offending IP is listed. That IP in the URL (194.63.142.59) was just part of the search result link from Google but that wasn't the important part.
aceman1011 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:36:24 AM

I found it in the list now. Sucks, since Tor has evolved to the point where it is virtually untraceable. Who knows what kind of security MBC has, since most of these bitcoin sites were hastily thrown together. Once the hackers start sellin off their btc, bye bye bitcoins. At thus point, setting up an anonymous gold exchange makes much more sense. Let people stet mining and set up "pools" and unions.

WilliamJohnson

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:26:37 AM

My balance on mybitcoin is now 0, too.

My bitcoins went to 1MAazCWMydsQB5ynYXqSGQDjNQMN3HFmEu as well.

I had only 0.84BTC, so I don't really care, but I just wanted to confirm what the OP said.

However, it is possible I used the same password for my Mt. Gox account (which I never really used. I had no $ nor BTC in Mt. Gox, so once again, I don't really care).
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:51:21 AM

My balance on mybitcoin is now 0, too.

My bitcoins went to 1MAazCWMydsQB5ynYXqSGQDjNQMN3HFmEu as well.

I had only 0.84BTC, so I don't really care, but I just wanted to confirm what the OP said.

However, it is possible I used the same password for my Mt. Gox account (which I never really used. I had no $ nor BTC in Mt. Gox, so once again, I don't really care).

But you cared enough to post.

CONTRADICTION COMPLETE.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: