Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:57:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TIERION [TNT]Token Sale Starts on 27 July  (Read 88250 times)
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:36:17 AM

I believe several of the operating nodes are barely receiving any hash data, which led me to come to a conclusion that there is an over supply of Tierion operating nodes that at which are not contributing to the Tierion's proof validation. With such number of non-contributing nodes. May I understand what is the reason for further opening of registration of more nodes? Is it purely as an attempt to increase the demand for TNT token and push up the price?

Imo, it is a positive to move the node economy to a free market of supply and demand rather than an artificial cap. It also allows new users a chance to register nodes outside of the people who previously registered nodes in the short/competitive registration windows. At this point, it is too early to judge whether open registration has a positive or negative effect on price. Long term, (in theory) it should aid in price appreciation as a larger share of circulating TNT is held in nodes; but this would require a much larger share percentage than current levels. (Currently: ~8075 nodes x 5000 TNT = 40.375M TNT / 428.481M circulating TNT = 9.42% TNT in nodes)

As far as hash data, there is a service discovery mechanism that identifies the most reliable nodes and sends data to them. While I agree the unused computing power is wasteful atm, having a large/stable set of nodes will be beneficial as the user base grows.

The theory says that the less supply the higher price, ceteris paribus, but masternode coins hasn't given us proof yet. There are coins with more than 50% of the overall supply locked in nodes that experienced weaker growth than other coins with only 10% of locked coins.
onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:55:49 PM

This project looks interesting and promising but I will love to know about the bounty programs and possible KYC requirements before one can participate in the sale.

I don't think there will be a bounty as the token sale has ended and tokens have been distributed.
https://tokensale.tierion.com/?utm_medium=forum&utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_campaign=tokensale
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:00:35 AM

I still have one of my nodes not updating its audit count It was mentioned before that this is related to NTP time delta being 0 but the latest release just hides that in the UI My passed and failed audit counts are still static
bitcoinreviews

Activity: 706

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:54:27 PM

Does anyone monitor nodes with some tools? Is is possible to get current "Consecutive Audits Passed" info with SNMP or with some API/HTTP request?
chemal

Activity: 621
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:55:24 PM

What's the ROI for running a Tierion node now? And is there any way/place to check nodes count?
nuzzo
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 09:51:40 AM

I like your business. Assured design, a rather interesting vision, blameless approach.
crymoonpto10k

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:57:26 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 08:37:01 PM by crymoonpto10k

What's the ROI for running a Tierion node now? And is there any way/place to check nodes count?

There are currently 8,256 nodes on the network, you can check in the node UI if you have a registered node (just go to registered nodes IP address and use wallet address as password).

The current time to a reward is 8256 nodes / 48 rewards/day = ~172 days (5.7 months)

With a reward size of 1500 TNT, the current 8256 nodes, and a minimum balance of 5000 TNT, the yearly ROI (in TNT) is ~63.7 %.

The dollar amount ROI is a little more tricky and dynamic to calculate as it is a function of the number of nodes on the network, future reward amount / reward frequency, and VPS hosting costs.

On the short term, I think it is easiest to look at it as a 30% ROI in TNT in ~6 months for $30 in hosting costs ($5 x 6 months). Basically if you are a long term holder and believe in the project and higher future token prices, its not a bad idea to run some nodes. If you are looking for a month to month stream of income, at this point the risk would outweigh the benefits with such a long time to reward and price volitility over that time period.... but this mentality applies across the board for crypto mining in general. Historically there have only been a few 3-6 month windows where mining is extremely profitable; in between booms, you're lucky if you can break even.
damberg

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:57:09 PM

There are currently 8,256 nodes on the network, you can check in the node UI if you have a registered node (just go to registered nodes IP address and use wallet address as password).

The current time to a reward is 8256 nodes / 48 rewards/day = ~172 days (5.7 months)

With a reward size of 1500 TNT, the current 8256 nodes, and a minimum balance of 5000 TNT, the yearly ROI (in TNT) is ~63.7 %.

The dollar amount ROI is a little more tricky and dynamic to calculate as it is a function of the number of nodes on the network, future reward amount / reward frequency, and VPS hosting costs.

On the short term, I think it is easiest to look at it as a 30% ROI in TNT in ~6 months for $30 in hosting costs ($5 x 6 months). Basically if you are a long term holder and believe in the project and higher future token prices, its not a bad idea to run some nodes. If you are looking for a month to month stream of income, at this point the risk would outweigh the benefits with such a long time to reward and price volitility over that time period.... but this mentality applies across the board for crypto mining in general. Historically there have only been a few 3-6 month windows where mining is extremely profitable; in between booms, you're lucky if you can break even.

Very accurate calculation. I would emphasize last two sentences of your post - lots of masternode investors hope to get kind of fixed monthly revenue. The fact is you still have to have a strong confidence in the masternode coin for longer term due to price fluctuations.  Wink
lysr

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:29:54 PM

I still have one of my nodes not updating its audit count It was mentioned before that this is related to NTP time delta being 0 but the latest release just hides that in the UI My passed and failed audit counts are still static
-Kaizer-

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:05:37 AM

Does any1 know if i can find a historical holders distribution sheet. I would like to know how well the tnt is distributed but since the nodes its impossible to look up as every wallet is just 5k tnt now. At first payout you could see real balances
1ce

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:53:33 AM

Does any1 know if i can find a historical holders distribution sheet. I would like to know how well the tnt is distributed but since the nodes its impossible to look up as every wallet is just 5k tnt now. At first payout you could see real balances

https://etherscan.io/token/tokenholderchart/0x08f5a9235b08173b7569f83645d2c7fb55e8ccd8?range=500
crymoonpto10k

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:47:36 AM

Very accurate calculation. I would emphasize last two sentences of your post - lots of masternode investors hope to get kind of fixed monthly revenue. The fact is you still have to have a strong confidence in the masternode coin for longer term due to price fluctuations.  Wink

Someone created a calculator for node profitability... it also tracks the current number of nodes on the network and current price of TNT: https://tnt.solutions/
GröBkAz

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:15:58 AM

how do I get the auth keys for a node? I try the make auth key, but didnt work . did the command have been updated?
damberg

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:17:30 PM

Someone created a calculator for node profitability... it also tracks the current number of nodes on the network and current price of TNT: https://tnt.solutions/

Useful calculator, the chart shows clearly the interest in chainpoint nodes lately especially when the price is now that ridiculously low. There is no point giving up nodes now although I understand it may be unfomfortable to wait half a year for one reward  Grin
GröBkAz

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:43:05 PM

I set up a node and it's failing audits. How do I find out what audit test is failing? I do notice in logs that every 30 minutes I see 'There was a problem persisting Core data being sent to the node'.
Artemsv

Activity: 756
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:47:27 AM

Beginner’s Guide to Tierion: Verification of Data on The Blockchain
https://blockonomi.com/tieron-guide/
Tierion is a universal platform that allows for verification of data at a massive scale. The team behind Tierion saw that businesses have methods for notarizing and safeguarding important documents, but there was not a universal equivalent for the safeguarding of digital data. The team also saw that such industries as financial service, insurance, and healthcare must safeguard large volumes of critical data, but doing so can be cumbersome, expensive, and/or impossible, particularly when you factor in authenticating the data in question.
bubblebubble

Activity: 616
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

I'm very surprised that a project like Tierion, with a working product and big development team behind, is suffering market price speculation.
This is the proof that sometimes market doesn't represent the value of a specific project.

Long life to Tierion!
Paulizei

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:44:40 PM

I reinstalled my vps masternode and now I get this error "the public URI provided is already registered" . how to resolve?

GröBkAz

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:40:10 AM

When nodes count will be available to public? The market ranking keeps dropping. Did this project fail?
crymoonpto10k

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:23:23 PM

I reinstalled my vps masternode and now I get this error "the public URI provided is already registered" . how to resolve?

You would have needed to back up the hmac keys if you did a reinstall. I don't believe you can register a new node under an IP address that another node is registered under.

You can set up a fresh vps, but you will lose your position in the rewards queue unless you import the hmac keys from your previously registered node.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: