Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Enough the ****ing Crap coins.  (Read 1744 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:43:35 AM

Ok, i've had enough, like for real. I thinks it's time we became a real "tech" society, there are innovations made everyday that make transactions faster and secure the validity of our crypto currencies. but i think that instead of just launching new coins, let add the fixes to existing coins. In that way we can stahp this bullshit circus we have running were first comers make +$100000 jus coz they got a PM before the launch.

I would like to invite all developers of previous alt coins to come together on one project which we will call THE ALT COIN, one were we all focus our strengths and intellect  and produce a viable commodity that will withstand market pushes made by pump and dump.

It's guaranteed to work and all i need is consensus from just thirty percent of the alt devs and i know we can change the face of "alt coins".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Punkonjunk

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Hey, eat this snail quick

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:08:59 AM

you realize a lot of these guys aren't devs, right? You would need only a very rudimentary understanding of the code to find/replace a couple variables, and rename a few things here and there.

Devs put together a discussion, maybe test the coin publicly and open it to discussion, see where things COULD go wrong so you don't NEED to fork down the road, and then PLAN a PUBLIC launch of the coin, ahead of time, to a specific time, so people who want to mine it can get ready, and know ahead of time.

liked my post? LTC to: LYeSMuyDBFufBehK59A9GmMjby6iVw8Kux
Or BTC to: 18YsfMVtqNbrpJuPZaAbifWNYuiUHQZwR8
If there is a wall of text up there, sorry. I can't help it. I'm usually running on about 80oz of coffee a day. If it's complete nonsense, sorry. I haven't had my coffee.
Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 10:28:32 AM

Here are two ideas of new altcoins with some interesting background - both in early stage, open for discussion:

CureCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197773.0
ScienceCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197000.0

anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:38:06 AM

Here are two ideas of new altcoins with some interesting background - both in early stage, open for discussion:

CureCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197773.0
ScienceCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197000.0

Diamonds in the rough.  You hav eot sifft through a lot of posts to find them.  Kind of like mining...
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:42:56 AM

Once these all start failing and people realise they've wasted their time mining it, new coins will soon be seen as not worth while anymore. This way they'll never get off the ground.

People are just giving them too much attention. Let them all die out already.
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:49:19 AM

Here is what I would do.

1)  Set up some kind of document formally defining the ethical standards involved in creating an alt, prohibit all the various scam activities, the cloning, the pre-mineing etc.  Sticky it and make it clear that violating these standards will have consequences.

2)  Get major actors like exchanges, profitability calculators etc to agree to not adopt illegitimate coins.

3)  Have a network of rapid-response pools ready to attack illegitimate coins and some means of alerting/focusing them immediately when the need arises, such as an IRC channel, an e-mail pool etc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:50:50 AM

Here is what I would do.

1)  Set up some kind of document formally defining the ethical standards involved in creating an alt, prohibit all the various scam activities, the cloning, the pre-mineing etc.  Sticky it and make it clear that violating these standards will have consequences.

2)  Get major actors like exchanges, profitability calculators etc to agree to not adopt illegitimate coins.

3)  Have a network of rapid-response pools ready to attack illegitimate coins and some means of alerting/focusing them immediately when the need arises, such as an IRC channel, an e-mail pool etc.

what happened to "freedom of speech" rule?  Roll Eyes
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:51:01 AM

Here is what I would do.

soooo... regulate?  who will be in charge.  a standards committee.  will you elect a chairman?
AlternativeCypt

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:51:31 AM

Yo dawg I herd u mad, so I put a mad in a u so you can u mad in a mad
megablue

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 10:55:51 AM

actually it is more annoying to see people getting annoyed by the clones...

LTC: LQx367oQtbwsc7Ygf9S1B6E1d9LuGk7v11
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:58:42 AM

anderl:  No one needs to be in charge, everyone controls their own hashing power but with lines of communication and coordination it can effectively utilized to enforce community standards.  If enough people think something is legit it will be OK, if enough people attack it then it will fail, the same as has always been the case.  But as of late their has been such a deluge of coins that community based enforcement has been unable to respond and their is no real effort to coordinate a response, just lots of yelling on the forums.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Goldmember

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:00:54 AM

actually it is more annoying to see people getting annoyed by the clones...
I agree. If you don't like them just treat them like spam or internet ads. It is not like we are forced to mine them.

But what I do not get is why all the new coins have so low starting difficulty. It is like the creator himself has no faith in them and they are designed to be pump'n dump with a weeks lifetime. I would like to see a coin done right with a proper launch for once.
jgivg

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:09:45 AM

What I don't get is why people are absolutely appalled by the idea of a premine. There needs to be some incentive to get good people to invest time and if they premine 0.5% it really doesn't hurt anybody. If you do great work you deserve to be paid in my opinion.

If people would accept some amount of premine the quality of coins should increase drastically.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:16:56 AM

Aw, no new coin today?

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:28:58 AM

Here is what I would do.

you ideas have merit, but control is something our society is running away from. perhaps an open poll that makes a coin accepted if it gets a certain number of votes?
kr4x

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:29:46 AM

someone is butthurt go eat a cow
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:37:06 AM

hehehehe, if only you knew how much butthurt i can give any coin that catches my fancy.
just as a starter, i've killed three coins i didn't like coz i have THAT much hash power. my interest is either profit or to hash something into oblivion.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:49:32 AM

All this will do is bring about the emergence of new exchanges.

So in that case, good idea!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 01:49:46 AM

Because so few people actually do maintenance work it is taking a long time to get the existing coins' code up to date.

Part of the problem is the huge delay BFL caused, no one was buying hashing gear to secure all the merged mined coins because they were all waiting for ASICs.

That led to low difficulty, and exchanges need coins to have very very high difficulty because it is only high difficulty that secures the blockchains.

Once everyone can easily get ASICs off the shelf Massively Merged Mining will finally be able to start putting some serious hashing power into securing all the old coins that can be merged-mined, their codebases can be brought up to date and they can get onto exchanges.

These recent pump and dumps are kind of screwing each other out of hashing power so might not be able to actually secure their blockchains until they too adopt merged mining; it will be interesting to see how that goes. Maybe if Scrypt FPGAs get mass-produced and are easily available off the shelf and all the pump and dumps add merged mining they might be able to all be secured but they will face stigma from miners who refuse to merged-mine, preferring to only mine the primary chain.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
centenary

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:09:04 AM

hehehehe, if only you knew how much butthurt i can give any coin that catches my fancy.
just as a starter, i've killed three coins i didn't like coz i have THAT much hash power. my interest is either profit or to hash something into oblivion.

If you really have that much hashing power, you are doing a great service for the community
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: