Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:32:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Enough the ****ing Crap coins.  (Read 1743 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:16:35 AM

someone is butthurt go eat a cow

hehehehe, if only you knew how much butthurt i can give any coin that catches my fancy.
just as a starter, i've killed three coins i didn't like coz i have THAT much hash power. my interest is either profit or to hash something into oblivion.

If you really have that much hashing power, you are doing a great service for the community

lol, did u see gamecoin? hahaha, people had mined as much as 200k coins and they sort of just "disappeared" lol
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 02:27:37 AM

The more I see these pop up, the more I think that LTC is THE altcoin and everything else is just an experiment.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 02:29:14 AM

The more I see these pop up, the more I think that LTC is THE altcoin and everything else is just an experiment.

One interesting part of the experiment is whether they can secure their blockchains without using merged mining.

The more of them there are, the more vulnerable each one seems likely to be...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
live627

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:30:41 AM

You just might have a point there...
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 02:41:55 AM

One interesting part of the experiment is whether they can secure their blockchains without using merged mining.

The more of them there are, the more vulnerable each one seems likely to be...

-MarkM-

They would be wise to merge mine with scrypt/LTC... the LTC network will only grow as miners are priced out of BTC.

meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:19:03 AM

I personally think an alt coin needs to be released that is literally aiming for like 5 or 10 second block times... one that orphans and fast paced excitement with tons of coin income per day is the name of the game (even if income is 100% of bitcoin).

there is just something awesome about getting 2k XXcoin per day vs whoop de doo.. 85 XXcoin in a day or 8.5 xxCoin per day...

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:05:07 AM

I really think that no matter what we're going to have these type of "crapcoin" releases for primarily two reasons:

1)  People want to make a quick buck and what better way than to make a coin that can be pumped and dumped?

2)  People feel that certain features from already existing coins should be adjusted to make a better coin without thoroughly understanding the implications of those adjustments.

[As a quick note: Usually those two things overlap.]

Combine these two things with human nature and voila, we have a plethora of stinky "crapcoins."

[Personally, I really do like it when Cryptocurrencies bring something new to the table like PPC and FRC.  As for LTC, I think it has ended up becoming a major player more due to it's wonderful chance timing rather than the fact that it brought anything new to the table.]
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 04:08:33 AM

I personally think an alt coin needs to be released that is literally aiming for like 5 or 10 second block times... one that orphans and fast paced excitement with tons of coin income per day is the name of the game (even if income is 100% of bitcoin).

there is just something awesome about getting 2k XXcoin per day vs whoop de doo.. 85 XXcoin in a day or 8.5 xxCoin per day...

I take it you are not familiar with Liquidcoin?

For a more sedate rate, about the fastest the internet's latency really allows to have any long term chance or working well, try GeistGeld. 15 second blocks. It is easy to rake in thousands of them per day with only one GPU plus as it is merged mined you get to keep mining your bitcoins and namecoins and devcoins and groupcoins and coiledcoins too while you are at it.

(You get quite a few coiledcoins too, though not as many as you get of GeistGeld.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Rex_Heston

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:13:11 AM

[Personally, I really do like it when Cryptocurrencies bring something new to the table like PPC and FRC.  As for LTC, I think it has ended up becoming a major player more due to it's wonderful chance timing rather than the fact that it brought anything new to the table.]

I'd say you are right. Though that also explains the (relative) success of Terracoin and PPC as well. They all got in before the Crapcoin Revolution.

Disclaimer: I bought into a Crapcoin myself recently, in the form of Bytecoin. Not sorry I did, just disappointed it didn't really go anywhere. I thought it was interesting though how it seemed to present a solution to Bitcoin's chain-bloat, which is why I got behind it.

Did I help you today, or just like my style? Toss a couple coins my direction!
BTC: 1GntmzMELxewbS2BagH2CqRNv9CuVfgcsb; DOGE: DLmXSyGQzkJMKYFTS12aiGUC4V38gNHu1W
GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:20:32 AM

I would like to invite all developers of previous alt coins to come together on one project which we will call THE ALT COIN

Well, this is what I've been waiting for!
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:54:55 AM

I would like to invite all developers of previous alt coins to come together on one project which we will call THE ALT COIN

Well, this is what I've been waiting for!

Thats going to happen ...lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
patrickquinn

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:59:42 AM

Yeah I'm just going to say it, the whole clonecoin thing puts legitimate Altcoin like PPC and LTC in jeopardy. No one will take them seriously... In reality the developers of these coins are only hurting themselves by degrading the value of cryptocoins as a whole.... i kind of think we need to shut down this subforum and open a specific subforums for LTC and *possibly* PPC.
sterob

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:00:58 AM

Ok, i've had enough, like for real. I thinks it's time we became a real "tech" society, there are innovations made everyday that make transactions faster and secure the validity of our crypto currencies. but i think that instead of just launching new coins, let add the fixes to existing coins. In that way we can stahp this bullshit circus we have running were first comers make +$100000 jus coz they got a PM before the launch.

I would like to invite all developers of previous alt coins to come together on one project which we will call THE ALT COIN, one were we all focus our strengths and intellect  and produce a viable commodity that will withstand market pushes made by pump and dump.

It's guaranteed to work and all i need is consensus from just thirty percent of the alt devs and i know we can change the face of "alt coins".

Yes i had it enough. My bitcoin and my ASIC could worth million dollars but because of all these scrypt altcoin  that my ASIC cannot mine, i cant get bigger money swimming pool. All altcoin that cannot be mined by ASIC  are scam and need to be destroyed.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: