Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next step for Bitcoin: Cell Phone Service Takeover  (Read 5186 times)
bombshelterzero (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:53:35 AM

Ok so I'm been reading this forum for sometime now. I understand exactly what this economy is missing to really have it jump off. That my fellow bitcoin lovers is PHONE SERVICE.

Basically how this would work is we set up a site, similar to forbitcoins.com or even feverr.com Members join and browse all the featured phones we have in stock with options for service. I know of nothing like this in existence. People will bad credit or no credit can now get phones on a monthly plan. All they need is a bank account, a dwolla account and btw exchange acc. The site would be members only of course and based on a strict rating system. What i mean is top members like myself and other members with phone connections will be the top choices. (ill get into this later)

ill need a sick coder to implement:
payment/monthly bill directly from the site.
sleek, one button pay
Rating system
top providers
hottest deals
forum integration
live chat rooms (ex envolve.com)

Once members select a phone then a service plan they will then be billed through the website monthly. Emailed billing included. (6-10 btc)

ill be the the president that oversees everything. I also want a full team behind me getting this done. This site will operate just like an apple store. Geniuses & Btc experts, moderators and then regular members.

Ok on to the products.

Right now I have ten iphone 4s (black) activated on at&t basic talk and text 700mins. I have a friend and relatives that work for apple and as well as at&t. I had to beg them to pull strings and in return they can quit there jobs and join the resistance. Really If these first ten go smooth then ill have an unlimited supply of cell phones I can order in bulk. Remember at@t  doesn't care how phones get out  as long as they have x amount of upgrades at the end of the month. I hope everyone catches my drift.

This is an overall outline of whats already in the works. I've bought a domain. I'm calling the site WorldAmmo.com - The revolution.
https://worldammo.com - Another thing, I bought a certificate but for some reason its saying its invalid.

I hope you guys don't think I'm in over my head with this. Im just a poor homeless kid leaving out of my car and free wifi spots. I think this is a great idea that can go really far. Your feedback is much appreciated.

PS. I need coders to step forward immediately. This can't work if its not coded right.

Lets take over the world like Satoshi Nakamoto envisioned…
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Synaptic

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:56:58 AM

Ok so I'm been reading this forum for sometime now. I understand exactly what this economy is missing to really have it jump off. That my fellow bitcoin lovers is PHONE SERVICE.

Basically how this would work is we set up a site, similar to forbitcoins.com or even feverr.com Members join and browse all the featured phones we have in stock with options for service. I know of nothing like this in existence. People will bad credit or no credit can now get phones on a monthly plan. All they need is a bank account, a dwolla account and btw exchange acc. The site would be members only of course and based on a strict rating system. What i mean is top members like myself and other members with phone connections will be the top choices. (ill get into this later)

ill need a sick coder to implement:
payment/monthly bill directly from the site.
sleek, one button pay
Rating system
top providers
hottest deals
forum integration
live chat rooms (ex envolve.com)

Once members select a phone then a service plan they will then be billed through the website monthly. Emailed billing included. (6-10 btc)

ill be the the president that oversees everything. I also want a full team behind me getting this done. This site will operate just like an apple store. Geniuses & Btc experts, moderators and then regular members.

Ok on to the products.

Right now I have ten iphone 4s (black) activated on at&t basic talk and text 700mins. I have a friend and relatives that work for apple and as well as at&t. I had to beg them to pull strings and in return they can quit there jobs and join the resistance. Really If these first ten go smooth then ill have an unlimited supply of cell phones I can order in bulk. Remember at@t  doesn't care how phones get out  as long as they have x amount of upgrades at the end of the month. I hope everyone catches my drift.

This is an overall outline of whats already in the works. I've bought a domain. I'm calling the site WorldAmmo.com - The revolution.
https://worldammo.com - Another thing, I bought a certificate but for some reason its saying its invalid.

I hope you guys don't think I'm in over my head with this. Im just a poor homeless kid leaving out of my car and free wifi spots. I think this is a great idea that can go really far. Your feedback is much appreciated.

PS. I need coders to step forward immediately. This can't work if its not coded right.

Lets take over the world like Satoshi Nakamoto envisioned…

+1
Icy-

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:00:15 AM

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/9/6/4/0/8/7/epic-face-palm-18693937099.jpeg
Synaptic

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:11:40 AM

+1

RALLY.
bombshelterzero (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:13:46 AM

ok? awesome..
Terpie

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:24:47 AM

Take no mind of our current terrible board trolls. Good on you for thinking outside the box. I hope things work out well for you.
bombshelterzero (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:35:56 AM

Take no mind of our current terrible board trolls. Good on you for thinking outside the box. I hope things work out well for you.

I appreciate it man, for second i started to doubt myself :/

Im going to look around freelancer.com for a coder to implement the bitcoin side at least.

I will keep everyone posted.
niemivh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:24:30 AM

I got a better idea:

iPhone Mining App!!!!!!!!111!11!!1!!1!!!!!!!!111

I'm going to start coding this tonight!!!11!!!1!!!!!11!!

Shocked

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
Chick

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:26:40 AM

I got a better idea:

Shocked

Wait what? Is it an app that monitors the mining on your mining rigs? Or is it an app that mines on your iPhone, because that would be really... [facepalm.png]

bombshelterzero (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:59:50 AM

I got a better idea:

Shocked

Wait what? Is it an app that monitors the mining on your mining rigs? Or is it an app that mines on your iPhone, because that would be really... [facepalm.png]

I think he meant a monitoring app. The later seems kinda crazy lol
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:09:22 AM

Why go to all that trouble, when any user could become a vendor for any of those prepaid services and put up a website that allowed users to buy minute cards & top up cards for bitcoin.  I use Virgin Mobile, and the local vendor that I usually buy topup cards from doesn't even use actual cards anymore, but generates a new top up code that is printed onto the receipt.  I'm sure that coding this into a website would be trivial for any code monkey worth his 'leet thinkgeek t-shirts.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Yuvea

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:04:17 AM

I hope everyone catches my drift.

In plain english:

"I know nothing and would like to make money based on some half-baked idea I have.  Also, I have no skills that can potentially add value to this project so instead I will be managing the things I don't understand."

I like your spirit.  I can't decide if I'm being trolled by someone really clever who's trying to expose corporate america or if you somehow are your own joke.
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:07:42 AM

+1

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:09:08 AM

AWESOME IDEA. DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE HATING ASS TROLLS. THEY DESPISE BITCOIN, AND IDEAS LIKE YOURS ONLY FORTIFY THE ECONOMY THAT MUCH MORE ! 
palmertech

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:28:27 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2011, 04:40:29 AM by palmertech

This reminds me of people who post on forums that focus on homebrew game development, along the lines of "hey i have a great idea for this mmorpg we just need programmers and artists and servers and i wrote the story with my friend it took a whole week.  i will be managing this product just need people willing to help out it is a really good idea guys!  also i came up with a name for it."

Here is the real question: Why would anybody with the skills to do this help you?  You do not bring anything to the table, the project would be better off without you.  If you really wanted it to succeed, you would be happy to have someone who knows what they are doing run it, and just work at promoting them.  Not for any compensation, either.

elk-tamer

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:39:56 AM

I have a hard time figuring out when people are joking sometimes. Was the OP serious? Or just mocking the current milieu of this forum? If it's the latter, nicely done. Former? Enjoy the life of manual labor that awaits you.
interfect

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:56:13 AM

It *is* a good idea. People would probably love to buy prepaid phone credit or phones or whatever with BTC. I'm not sure someone who doesn't capitalize sentences or use apostrophes is quite qualified to manage a crack team of coders putting such a service together.

I know what's up with your secure certificate, since you host at DreamHost, and I used to work there and wrote their secure certificate billing system. You have secure hosting set up, but the "real" certificate you ordered probably hasn't yet been written up by the actual Certificate Authority (which isn't DreamHost). If the code I worked on still works, it should show up sometime in the next couple days and be automatically installed on your site. If it doesn't, don't hesitate to contact support.

If you actually want to sell cell phones for BTC, I would recommend you set up an OpenCart install then install and configure the MyBitcoin SCI plugin for OpenCart. That will give you a fully functional online shopping-cart-driven store, where you can set prices in dollars and have people pay in Bitcoin (sent to a MyBitcoin account), converted at the current exchange rate.

Once you have a functional site, you'll probably be in a much better position to hire developers.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:59:29 AM

This reminds me of people who post on forums that focus on homebrew game development, along the lines of "hey i have a great idea for this mmorpg we just need programmers and artists and servers and i wrote the story with my friend it took a whole week.  i will be managing this product just need people willing to help out it is a really good idea guys!  also i came up with a name for it."

Here is the real question: Why would anybody with the skills to do this help you?  You do not bring anything to the table, the project would be better off without you.  If you really wanted it to succeed, you would be happy to have someone who knows what they are doing run it, and just work at promoting them.  Not for any compensation, either.

How do you know that this guy doesn't have the money to pay the team. And if he doesn't have the money, what makes you think he can't get funding for his idea? Pessimism only hurts our community. If he wants to dream let him dream.. Obviously people aren't going to work for free.
palmertech

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:14:55 AM

How do you know that this guy doesn't have the money to pay the team.

Im just a poor homeless kid leaving out of my car
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:25:13 AM

How do you know that this guy doesn't have the money to pay the team.

Im just a poor homeless kid leaving out of my car
Maybe I should start reading the ops posts a little more clearly  Lips sealed. Missed that line, however he's got a good idea, he should pursue this idea as hard as he can. If he has no money, make a pro presentation on power point, get on business related forums where you can get investors, get out there and meet people to get this funding that you need to make this succeed.

IMO I think the domain name is terrible quality, but the idea itself works.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: