Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:47:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you sell your BitcoinCash on August 1st if there is a HF?  (Read 2608 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:44:54 AM

It seems that 50% of all the people replying here have no idea what we are actually talking about.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:48:46 AM

It seems that 50% of all the people replying here have no idea what we are actually talking about.

Indeed. It's fucking pitiful. There should be a multiple choice questionnaire followed by a large checkbox with 'DO YOU UNDERSTAND' before anyone's allowed to answer.

https://themerkle.com/what-is-the-bitcoin-cash-token/
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 09:55:58 AM

I will most definitely not sell by bitcoin, no matter what happens on August 1 and however the segwit goes. If it happens or not, bitcoin still be a valuable, usable and a future dominating currency. So I'll be holding on quite tightly to my coins.
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:19:20 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 10:43:09 AM by ryanben

I sold at the price of $2411 and bought at the price of $1950, I kept BTC in Ledger wallet to ensure and monitor developments on the date August 1st
Maybe I will invest long term with BTC rather eagerly sold out right now, hasty decisions at this time will likely cause regret in future

Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:28:14 AM

There is really no big reason for me to sell, because I look at things on a long term basis. The hard fork is going to happen and it is going to have an effect (or not) on the price, but it is eventually going to normalize when the dust has settled, with the weak hands with little or nothing to show for it.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:17:19 PM

Whether there will be a drastic reduction in bitcoin values? im scared  Embarrassed

There will be a reduction in the price of Bitcoin after the segwit, but after it,  there will be increase in the price of Bitcoin again.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:43:17 PM

I know this coming august 1 their are lot of people thinking to sell all their bitcoins and wait for the another price or the price to be decrease they don't want to lose profit maybe after the segwit they will buy another tons of bitcoins will be the permanent chance of the price of this coin and hopefully not.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:53:35 PM

>Bitcoin XT
>Bitcoin Classic
>Bitcoin Unlimited
>Bitcoin ABC
>Bitcoin Cash

Pick one.  It's getting really boring at this point.

Anyway, I'll just hold because I can't be bothered splitting the coins.  

If there's any more forks I might start my own fork, with blackjack and hookers.  Actually, forget the theme parkfork.

I won't pick Bitcoin Unlimited but I had to agree with you. Why there's a need to split and there's no point of spending your bitcoin on other chains because you can't use others on the other chain. I will also just going to hold it and just watch on how the market will be showing it's effect before I'll decide on what I'm going to support.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:15:37 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 06:27:16 AM by jbreher

At this stage in the game the cash aspect is still the least important. People are looking for price appreciation, not spending money.

A Bitcoin (Cash) that can be used as a medium of exchange as well as a store of value makes redundant a Bitcoin (legacy) capable of only a store of value. Thereby eroding the cripplecoin's value. Eventually to near-zero.

The JihanCoin/Bitcoincash will in my opinion, not take off, because there are a lot of people who hates his guts.

Well, _there's_ a logical basis for making an economic decision. /s

i will sell all bitcoincash and ... bitcoin ABC  ...and it's all about bitcoincash and not the bitcoin itself you moron.

BitcoinABC is one client that works on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.                           you moron

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:35:18 PM

yes it is also true that some people are not really aware of the result or the newbie’s are not having any knowledge about bitcoin they need to know that at august first people will let know about the new price of the bitcoin and I think a lot of problem that bitcoin has will be solved after august first so I think keeping your bitcoin save till that day will be a good decision.

Kwelstr

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I've got amazing powers of observation

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:49:26 PM

I will hold my BCC and my BTC. I think this is really a great idea from a community based project.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BitCore has a free airdrop every Monday. Get your free BTX!
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:58:47 PM

Yeah, I wanna sell my Bitcoin before 1st August. Because one of my Guru (Manik) told me that before 1st August Bitcoin transaction will disappear. That's why I want to sell some Bitcoin and I also want to invest it on another project.
Kwelstr

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I've got amazing powers of observation

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:51:03 PM

Again, with the private keys you can have both coins, too early to tell if I will hold for long or not, but I like the bitcoin cash idea very much!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BitCore has a free airdrop every Monday. Get your free BTX!
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:56:24 PM

Depend on the price,if it shit in the release,i will just hold it and wait for opportunity to arise
If it's spectacular price,why would i hold,i will sell them right off the bat
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:01:24 PM

I have already sold my stash for other coins. I will buy back later at a decreased price so I am good. I do not want to hold the BTC bag around August 1.

After you posted this message, the Bitcoin exchange rates went up by some 30%. So all the best with buying back your coins at a "reduced" rate. My advice would be to purchase them immediately, without wasting any more time.

Now coming back to the OP, I am planning to sell 75% of my Bitcoin Cash coins on August 2. I will keep the rest with me, and may later take a decision to sell them as well.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:24:13 PM

Yeah, I wanna sell my Bitcoin before 1st August. Because one of my Guru (Manik) told me that before 1st August Bitcoin transaction will disappear. That's why I want to sell some Bitcoin and I also want to invest it on another project.

Maybe there's a non-native-english problem here. But if I interpret your words correctly, your 'guru' is full of shit.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
BTCPharaoh

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 07:52:20 PM

No, I plan on holding until the death of cryptos. Which is not in my lifetime.
Regardless of a fork or no fork, BTC's price will go up long term. If you're looking to swing trade, then I highly suggest you watch the prices and sell at a 30% high, wait for a drop to buy back in, rinse and repeat.
junan1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:11:15 AM

I intend to carefully split some coins and trade them as appropriate.  I'm happy to sell bitcoincash if I think it's overvalued but I'm also keen to buy bitcoincash if I think they're trading too cheaply.

I intend to maintain an active position on both sides.

I'll be glad to see a version of Bitcoin Unlimited with BitcoinCash support.  There's still a lot to check and I certainly wouldn't expose large amounts of bitcoin to this implementation until many incident-free months have passed, but I'd be far more nervous with BitcoinABC.

Long live Bitcoin in both its forms!
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:42:57 PM

I'll be glad to see a version of Bitcoin Unlimited with BitcoinCash support.  There's still a lot to check and I certainly wouldn't expose large amounts of bitcoin to this implementation until many incident-free months have passed,

While I keep the bulk of my funds in Armory, my Armory is in turn dependent upon Bitcoin Unlimited. Last version I installed was before the DoS attacks / bug reveals. Back in December. It's been working just fine. I've not lost a single satoshi.

xskl0 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:00:49 AM

Maybe there's a non-native-english problem here. But if I interpret your words correctly, your 'guru' is full of shit.
hahahah  Grin

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: