Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:11:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299606 times)
FrenchinHK

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:06:25 AM

still can buy but like 300/400$ maximum
mrcinema

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:15:01 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 11:59:35 AM by mrcinema

Hi all.

On Friday, I turned my D3's off due to the profitability rate. I unplugged the PSU cable. I have turned them back on this morning and I have noticed some D3's not powering on.

I have changed the PSU, the PSU Cable and tried different plug sockets.

Any assistance is appreciated.

EDIT: TURNS OUT THE MINER WAS TOO COLD.
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:26:24 AM

These D3 was wrong investment. It was my novice fault.
3 companies released X11 miners almost at once.
Quantity of X11 coins compared to scrypt coins is nothing.
DASH rewards only 45% to miners.
DASH will keep TX fees as low as possible, I think if price of DASH will be higher they probobly lower tx fees again which is good for DASH but not for us.
DASH itself is nothing unique. Masternodes => fees ? IOTA => zero fees. Private send ? check Monreo, Vertcoin, ZCash...... Litecoin will implement privacy too.
I do not cry. This is only a notice for people willing to buy a new D4+++ which will be uselles in time of arrival.

Yes all subscibers in this tread are D3 fictums. About iota with zero fees is so strange. I had a bounce but did sell them because i could not understand the white paper with tons of higher mathematics  Cry
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:44:06 AM

DASH will keep TX fees as low as possible, I think if price of DASH will be higher they probobly lower tx fees again which is good for DASH but not for us.
DASH itself is nothing unique. Masternodes => fees ? IOTA => zero fees. Private send ? check Monreo, Vertcoin, ZCash...... Litecoin will implement privacy too.
I do not cry. This is only a notice for people willing to buy a new D4+++ which will be uselles in time of arrival.

Yes all subscibers in this tread are D3 fictums. About iota with zero fees is so strange. I had a bounce but did sell them because i could not understand the white paper with tons of higher mathematics  Cry

When did you sell IOTA? I did not invest in it because I dont understand the Idea behind it either. Or well I do understand it, it does not make sense to me. But why did you in

I would not be to upsad about it. Keep them running and if you need to lower your electricity rate from 23 something, let me know, I can point to you a data center with cheaper prices in your country Wink

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:59:35 PM

I've received my first D3 few minutes ago. When I shake it sounds like something is loose. I read that the common problem is the heat sink but i donsn't sound like metal/aluminium it sounds more like plastic. Will void warranty if open the miner and see that is loose?
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:19:32 PM

I've received my first D3 few minutes ago. When I shake it sounds like something is loose. I read that the common problem is the heat sink but i donsn't sound like metal/aluminium it sounds more like plastic. Will void warranty if open the miner and see that is loose?
The Hashing boards will rattle a small amount, sometimes the cover over the control board does this as well. If it's just the control board cover, it shouldn't be a problem. The sound from the hash boards is fairly subtle and also not a problem. You can remove the face plate on one side but if you remove any screws with the seal tape over them your warranty is void. I would run it and see if it is hashing cleanly first. Also, I recommend down clocking it to 500 Freq or below. 537 is redline and you'll likely have many HW errors. Possible board crashes. If you plan on running it for a long time I wouldn't run at 537. These things don't seem to be built near as sturdy and robust as the L3+ and way worse than the 9.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:26:27 PM

The Hashing boards will rattle a small amount, sometimes the cover over the control board does this as well. If it's just the control board cover, it shouldn't be a problem. The sound from the hash boards is fairly subtle and also not a problem. You can remove the face plate on one side but if you remove any screws with the seal tape over them your warranty is void. I would run it and see if it is hashing cleanly first. Also, I recommend down clocking it to 500 Freq or below. 537 is redline and you'll likely have many HW errors. Possible board crashes. If you plan on running it for a long time I wouldn't run at 537. These things don't seem to be built near as sturdy and robust as the L3+ and way worse than the 9.

understood. thanks man
Dopert

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:03:13 PM

Yes all subscibers in this tread are D3 fictums. About iota with zero fees is so strange. I had a bounce but did sell them because i could not understand the white paper with tons of higher mathematics  Cry

When did you sell IOTA? I did not invest in it because I dont understand the Idea behind it either. Or well I do understand it, it does not make sense to me. But why did you in

I would not be to upsad about it. Keep them running and if you need to lower your electricity rate from 23 something, let me know, I can point to you a data center with cheaper prices in your country Wink

Iota was a tip from a acquaintance. Just like ripple (what i do understand, but still waiting just like most people). I bought them for the same price i did sell, around 0,7 dollar.

About the D3. Did play with them for few days. But did sell them for more or less 1250 euro each. The last guy did had 30 miners. He was also in negotiation with other people for above 100000 kwh a year, so tax will be 0,01 eurocent. His price estimation was 5 cent per kwh. That is nice for Dutch prices.

Maybe i will purchase a miner in the future. But for now mining is not very profitable untill coin prices stablize and not dubble each quarter..... Thank you very mutch for the offer. Will defently contact you if i go mining.  Cheesy
Friday13

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:01:28 PM

i got my 2 D3's last week and im a little bit disapointed where the profitabily has gone in the last few months.
for sure, i had big eyes in the times where u got over 1000$ a month with these two D3's and thats why i bought them.
but now im happy that i have a place for them where i dont pay for electricity, so that im happy when im getting back what i paid for them  Undecided
they are running with blissz firmware and 15Gh/s each, so that they will live as long as possible and so maybe see times where mining x11 is profitable again.
i dont give up the hope  Kiss
junforever

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:52:05 PM

Hello, my 3 D3 miners arrived a week ago but the ups services said that I must paid 150 dollars by the "importing" and after that they will give me the equipments, but they said (that sound extrange to me) that I must paid only with a banck check addressed to the company who sold me the equipments, but I dont know which information I must put in the check and ups didnt tell me more info, I tried contact to bitmain in rder to get an answer about this and how I must fill that check but until now Bitmain doesnt answer, so I want to ask anybody had this issue? and i the answer is yes can you please help me withthe information that I must put in that check? thanks
Dopert

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:05:48 PM

Hello, my 3 D3 miners arrived a week ago but the ups services said that I must paid 150 dollars by the "importing" and after that they will give me the equipments, but they said (that sound extrange to me) that I must paid only with a banck check addressed to the company who sold me the equipments, but I dont know which information I must put in the check and ups didnt tell me more info, I tried contact to bitmain in rder to get an answer about this and how I must fill that check but until now Bitmain doesnt answer, so I want to ask anybody had this issue? and i the answer is yes can you please help me withthe information that I must put in that check? thanks

UPS put money upfront for clearance by import. You have to pay the clearence amount back to UPS by delevery on your doorstep + a little fee for the upfront service. In my country i could only pay cash or a bank autorisation at UPS. So a check written to Bitmain is strange.
may142012

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:49:08 AM

i got my 2 D3's last week and im a little bit disapointed where the profitabily has gone in the last few months.
for sure, i had big eyes in the times where u got over 1000$ a month with these two D3's and thats why i bought them.
but now im happy that i have a place for them where i dont pay for electricity, so that im happy when im getting back what i paid for them  Undecided
they are running with blissz firmware and 15Gh/s each, so that they will live as long as possible and so maybe see times where mining x11 is profitable again.
i dont give up the hope  Kiss

Where do you host your miners? Are you in US?
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:18:58 AM

Maybe we should form a miner alliance and talk to the Dash Devs about that.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:23:13 AM

Actually, there were 5 manufacturers, that released more or less at the same time

Bitmain, Innsilicon, Ibelink, bakail, pinidea

I'm not sure, but all the insilicon 30gh units MAY NOT have even shipped yet!

yep, all that LTC .....poof!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:25:42 AM

We'd have a better shot and be more useful to mankind ...to talk to the SETI folk and mod them for that use.....

(yeah, I know, not possible...but damn it would be great to use these 2 D3 units I have for something interesting after Jan 1st 2013)

future doorstops that they are Sad

Below is my REAL costs, with REAL elec use of 1,200 watts on a 17.5gh D3 unit (2nd batch) (thou mine only gets 16gh stable) at 12c kWh electric.

$3.70 a day after electric, live the dream, dare to dream!) ack!

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=17.5&HashingUnit=GH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=1200&CostPerkWh=0.12

FML

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
may142012

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:30:31 AM

We'd have a better shot and be more useful to mankind ...to talk to the SETI folk and mod them for that use.....

(yeah, I know, not possible...but damn it would be great to use these 2 D3 units I have for something interesting after Jan 1st 201

Below is my REAL costs, with REAL elec use of 1,200 watts on a 17.5gh D3 unit (2nd batch) (thou mine only gets 16gh stable) at 12c kWh electric.

$3.70 a day after electric, live the dream, dare to dream!) ack!

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=17.5&HashingUnit=GH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=1200&CostPerkWh=0.12 (https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=17.5&HashingUnit=GH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=1200&CostPerkWh=0.12)

FML

I can't wait to see these people bite every last piece of profits to negative.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:31:56 AM

(yeah, I know, not possible...but damn it would be great to use these 2 D3 units I have for something interesting after Jan 1st 201

I can't wait to see these people bite every last piece of profits to negative.

sigh...I suppose by 'these people' you mean me...yeah...true...on the other hand hoarding LTC since September seems to be working well Smiley

you win some, you lose some and gain doorstops!

bitcoin.cash

Activity: 187

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:52:58 AM

If anybody need 125$ coupon, pm me.  selling for 30$.

I need please ... is it still available ?
informatuss

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:41:07 AM

If anybody need 125$ coupon, pm me.  selling for 30$.

I need please ... is it still available ?

PM me, I got it.
Fuelli

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:46:19 AM

3 of 5 D3 have defective Boards :-(

My L3´s have no Problems !!!
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: