Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:37:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299606 times)
Ryancope123

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:52:03 PM

didn't found info while googling around so I'll ask here if anyone is willing to help and/or experienced something like this.

couple days ago I managed to build a little farm with ~45 D3s, so far all of them are working nicely except of one,
hashrate drops to 0 after around 10 minutes of working, after rebooting it starts mining on 19Gh/s and then bam and 0. I did try remote steps like resseting, reconfiguring, lowering frequency, etc. but still same.
With my experience in bitmain product in this case I have two options, play with firmware or change the control board itself.
can anyone give any advice?
cheers

I had exactly the same, physically remove all power for atleast one hour solid !  - fixed mine

cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:11:46 PM

Hello everybody,  

I want to sell in one whole lot (only. No splitting)   eight ( 8 ) units of new APW3++ PSUs,  for $1200,  free shipping within US.   (for international shipping add $100).

It happened I had ordered surplus miners from Bitmain, which I don't need (can show the order's screenshot if necessary).  They arrived a few weeks ago, and I did not unpack them.

This makes $125 price per PSU, if you count the shipping cost from China.

They are located in Washington state, shipping within 5-7 days.

Please PM.
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:15:41 PM

didn't found info while googling around so I'll ask here if anyone is willing to help and/or experienced something like this.

couple days ago I managed to build a little farm with ~45 D3s, so far all of them are working nicely except of one,
hashrate drops to 0 after around 10 minutes of working, after rebooting it starts mining on 19Gh/s and then bam and 0. I did try remote steps like resseting, reconfiguring, lowering frequency, etc. but still same.
With my experience in bitmain product in this case I have two options, play with firmware or change the control board itself.
cheers

I had exactly the same, physically remove all power for atleast one hour solid !  - fixed mine
Thanks, I'll try it as soon as I will get to farm, in the meantime I'm playing around with freqs and so far on  200 miner is working perfectly with 7.113 Ghs, I will add extra freq every 30 minutes and see on what freq the issue rises. Will share of course
N00bMiner33

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:24:04 PM

cheers

I recommend these steps:

0. Check temp, should run at sub 80*C. Any higher and you risk damaging your equipment.
1. Update firmware.
2. unplug for 1 hour or longer
3. Check all Cables.
4. Reset to factory settings
5. Turndown Freq. 

Are you getting anything other than "O"s under ASIC status in the bottom right of the Miner Status screen?

I have recieved some D3s through eBay that had issues, i unplugged them, checked all the cables, then did a complete reset, updated the firmware and i have had no issues since. 

Would you mind letting us know how your farm is going, Where you are located, what arrangement you made for power, your monthly income, and issues you face running such a large operation.
 I run 7 ASIC's in my basement and i live on the East coast of USA, so right now cooling is not an issue, i just had an electrician run additional outlets so i could run all 7, and it runs well.  I check on it 4 times a day, and correct as i need.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:34:48 PM

Are these readings normal? if they're not normal what should be done? Thanks guys

From my limited knowledge and experience i would say your values are normal.  Your temps are high though, i try to keep mine sub 80*C.  Any higher and you can risk damaging your machines or fire.
You call 6000 HW errors in 12 hours and 85c "normal". The HW errors are from the excessive heat. Those bastards are cooking off like a faulty grenade. In a week of that you'll see burnt scoring on your heat syncs.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:35:08 PM

cheers

I recommend these steps:

0. Check temp, should run at sub 80*C. Any higher and you risk damaging your equipment.
1. Update firmware.
3. Check all Cables.
5. Turndown Freq. 

Are you getting anything other than "O"s under ASIC status in the bottom right of the Miner Status screen?

I have recieved some D3s through eBay that had issues, i unplugged them, checked all the cables, then did a complete reset, updated the firmware and i have had no issues since. 

Would you mind letting us know how your farm is going, Where you are located, what arrangement you made for power, your monthly income, and issues you face running such a large operation.
 I run 7 ASIC's in my basement and i live on the East coast of USA, so right now cooling is not an issue, i just had an electrician run additional outlets so i could run all 7, and it runs well.  I check on it 4 times a day, and correct as i need.
0. Temps on all D3s are below 77
1. don't want to touch at this point
2. I can do it tomorrow on place
3. I can do it tomorrow on place
4. did it couple hours ago
5. turned down. on 200 it is working smoothly, now jumped to 400, let's see what it will do.

Chips are showing O, that's why I'm sure that boards are OK. If today I won't be able to fix it remotely I'll try physical steps tomorrow and let you all know what happened.
Since my el. fee is 0.7-0.1 Cents mining with those D3s are profitable. In fact I can afford to pay el. fee from my other farms incomes and hold the dash.
you can see all the other things here:
ps. sorry for low q images and dirty work, now everything looks more fancier ))

solo__

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:39:24 PM

Hello there,
here is my statistics. why too many discarded shares I have do you think?
Accepted 9,803, Rejected 88, Discarded 58,409
thanks.

https://i.hizliresim.com/9D0ZdN.jpg
Huseyinnn

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:26:27 PM

Hello there,
thanks.

556 freq is too high try sub 500 and check again

N00bMiner33

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:04:00 PM

Hello there,
thanks.

What are acceptable Discard and Stale numbers?

In my mind running a machine for days will result in some discard and or stale results, but what is the accepted ammounts for that and how can we modify our equipment to meet that?
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:07:22 PM

cheers

I recommend these steps:

1. Update firmware.
3. Check all Cables.
5. Turndown Freq. 

5. turned down. on 200 it is working smoothly, now jumped to 400, let's see what it will do.

Chips are showing O, that's why I'm sure that boards are OK. If today I won't be able to fix it remotely I'll try physical steps tomorrow and let you all know what happened.
Since my el. fee is 0.7-0.1 Cents mining with those D3s are profitable. In fact I can afford to pay el. fee from my other farms incomes and hold the dash.

update:
after couple hours of testing I came to point (freq) from were miner stops working, so after freq 475 the miner stops working.
what can be done here? Maybe update will help?
Shitcointalk

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:13:02 AM

cheers

I recommend these steps:

1. Update firmware.
3. Check all Cables.
5. Turndown Freq. 

update:
after couple hours of testing I came to point (freq) from were miner stops working, so after freq 475 the miner stops working.

475 isn't too bad. You should try to update bitmain firmware. They claim it improve stability. The last one is from november. Updating takes less than 5mn, just make sure to backup first.
If doesn't work any better, and you're still not satisfied with 475, give a try to blissz firmware. You can mess up with voltage and frequency per board. Might be able to go a little higher...
Messona

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:34:24 AM

Thank you so much for the help guys, temp now range in between 72-75. If air conditioner on it goes down to 62-65. Tried prohashing yesterday but switch back to antpool this morning.  Smiley
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:40:31 AM

cheers

I recommend these steps:

1. Update firmware.
3. Check all Cables.
5. Turndown Freq. 

update:

475 isn't too bad. You should try to update bitmain firmware. They claim it improve stability. The last one is from november. Updating takes less than 5mn, just make sure to backup first.
If doesn't work any better, and you're still not satisfied with 475, give a try to blissz firmware. You can mess up with voltage and frequency per board. Might be able to go a little higher...
indeed it isn't too bad, as far as I could I was monitoring it and after 2+ hours it was working, today I woke up again with 0 hashrate, so I did firmware upgrade from 1.0.0.6 to 1.0.0.9 couple seconds ago. As for now I can say that new firmware is way more responsive then 1.0.0.6, let's see what it will give.
I was reading about blissz firmware, I'm not sure that I fully understand voltage-frequency logic, but I think I will have to. In fact that's the last option I will try on this miner. If 1.0.0.9 will do the same (0 hashrate after couple minutes) I will drive to farm and unplug cables for discharge for couple hours maybe.
Anyways thank for your help and suggestions, I will update what will happen
cuteman

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:02:20 AM

Need advise, please.   My D3 miner was damaged during transportation  Cry

What happens if I will send it to Bitmain for repair?    Will Bitmain fix it somehow, or just send it back to me, saying this is not their fault??

Please advise  Smiley

-------------
( picture of the damaged rig:  https://imgur.com/a/QcJh8 )
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

You  need to ask Bitmain about that, we are unable answer you.

Most likely that looks like it's logistics company fault.

cuteman

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:49:08 AM

Thanks, will ask them.     In fact this is not Bitmain's fault.     The rig travelled to US and then to another country, and was damaged somewhere on the way.

I just wonder will BM fix it for money at least.     
BenRickert

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:00:37 PM

cheers

I recommend these steps:

1. Update firmware.
3. Check all Cables.
5. Turndown Freq. 

update:

indeed it isn't too bad, as far as I could I was monitoring it and after 2+ hours it was working, today I woke up again with 0 hashrate, so I did firmware upgrade from 1.0.0.6 to 1.0.0.9 couple seconds ago. As for now I can say that new firmware is way more responsive then 1.0.0.6, let's see what it will give.
I was reading about blissz firmware, I'm not sure that I fully understand voltage-frequency logic, but I think I will have to. In fact that's the last option I will try on this miner. If 1.0.0.9 will do the same (0 hashrate after couple minutes) I will drive to farm and unplug cables for discharge for couple hours maybe.
Anyways thank for your help and suggestions, I will update what will happen
If your firmware flash doesn't work, it is easy and fast to get an authorization from Bitmain to "trouble shoot" your unit without voiding warranty. Then you can swap Hash Boards and control boards from "good" servers to narrow down your issues. I had done this and identified a bad control board. It's a quick fix to send it into the USA repair service center once you set up the repair ticket. Your issue sounds more like a "hardware" situation than "software" honestly. The Firmware update helped most of my units but there was one that just had a bad hashing board. Not at all uncommon with these things. The good news is, they'll fix it.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:13:54 PM

Thanks, will ask them.     In fact this is not Bitmain's fault.     The rig travelled to US and then to another country, and was damaged somewhere on the way.

I just wonder will BM fix it for money at least.     

I think Bitmain has a clause it is not responsible for damage via carrier. Pretty sure your only course is thru the shipper.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
solo__

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:51:04 PM

Hello there,
thanks.

556 freq is too high try sub 500 and check again

hello there,
tried but nothing changed Sad
any other recommendation?
Messona

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:04:55 PM

Hi guys, can you let me know what happened here? suddenly this happened, I'm a bit frustrated lol.

https://i.imgur.com/T0hJEfN.png

https://i.imgur.com/6vNpCPy.png
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: