Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:53:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin experts  (Read 835 times)
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:29:09 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 05:05:05 PM by jackjack

Who are the people who have the Bitcoin expert badges?
What does this mean? I mean precisely, not just they're Bitcoin experts

I found etotheipi and Mike Hearn

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 03:32:10 PM

There is no given definition that everyone uses I think. I guess being termed a 'bitcoin expert' is mainly determined by three factors. (this is my opinion.)

1) How Long You've Been With The Project: It's very hard to become an expert after working with the project for only 1 week.
2) Knowledge: This one is obvious. It's based on how much you know about bitcoins.
3) Creations: A good way to become a bitcoin expert is by creating something useful for everyone such as cgminer or something like that.
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:44:55 AM

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough: I meant the people who have the 'Bitcoin expert' badge under their name. OP edited
Look under etotheipi's name: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88208.msg2122701#msg2122701

Those are three possible conditions though

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Milkshake

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Milkshake

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:02:20 AM

Theymos assigns it on a whim to his friends.

TradeFortress has left me negative trust and has provided no proof to substantiate his claim. He has done this to discredit me as I am investigating him.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:48:26 AM

Theymos assigns it on a whim to his friends people he considers experts.

FTFY

Also, I believe they only show up in a few sub-forums.
Milkshake

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Milkshake

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:30:35 PM

FTFY

Can be both at the same time Cheesy

I think it adds unneeded distinction. "Experts" have being wrong before (including Gavin on trivial things, for example thinking the difficulty cannot go down), and I'd hate for opinions or things to be folded away because someone is not an "expert".

TradeFortress has left me negative trust and has provided no proof to substantiate his claim. He has done this to discredit me as I am investigating him.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:34:05 PM

I think it adds unneeded distinction. "Experts" have being wrong before (including Gavin on trivial things, for example thinking the difficulty cannot go down), and I'd hate for opinions or things to be folded away because someone is not an "expert".
They're Bitcoin experts because they have thorough knowledge of the code and protocols. This doesn't mean they can never be wrong. Everyone is human...

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:17:44 PM

FTFY

Only on the Development and Technical Discussion sub-forum as far as I can see (but not on the Alternative Clients Child Boards).

Signature space available for rent.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:05:16 PM

Seems like a good way for people to figure out who knows what theyre talking about when they read those sub-forums.

I don't see any downside to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: