Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:38:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitBet] BitFury's ASIC WILL WORK WITH POWER < 1 W / GH/s  (Read 3940 times)
needbmw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:02:50 PM

Just found in Russian subforum this BitBet link:

BitFury's ASIC will be demonstrated to mine Bitcoin either publicly, in an open to the public event announced at least two weeks in advance, or privately as confirmed by unaffiliated, well respected members of the community (this specifically excludes known shills such as Luke-jr) and will consume less than 1 W per GH/s for powering the chip and the board (excluding any cooling appliances).
Initiated by Bitfury, who placed the first Yes bet.

http://bitbet.us/bet/450/bitfurys-asic-will-work-with-power-1/

Bet resolution: 15/06/2013.
This bet was initiated by Bitfury.

NO PSAKING!
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
somenick
Legendary

Activity: 1286
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:08:35 PM

lol
This  4x better than BFL and Avalon
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:24:59 PM

Considering the notion of Elden Tyrell's 'Process Invariant' metrics, I have a feeling BitFury's efficiency per Watt will be high.

i.e. BFL's logic translated to transistor arrangement is poor considering, purportedly, on a 65nm process node.

And I'm quite sure that BitFury will not overlook the simple logic of setting the ASIC clocks to idle when there's no work in the queue - unlike BFL.

Too bad BitFury's opinion is that mining will eventually centralize - that can be used to speculate that BitFury is going to keep all of his hashpower in the hands of a private organization.

Blah....  sucks.

Edit:

BitFury, let me invest some cash in your operation Cheesy

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:35:55 PM

Is this what you are looking for?

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:40:57 PM

Is this what you are looking for?

Quite possibly, thanks for the info!

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
stahanovec
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:06:50 PM

If someone thinks that is SCAM put your vote in the special topic/poll: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203107.0

computerparts

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:29:37 PM

Who cares about the power it uses if it's not affordable to most people
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:04:15 PM

And I'm quite sure that BitFury will not overlook the simple logic of setting the ASIC clocks to idle when there's no work in the queue - unlike BFL.

When would it be idle?
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:21:45 AM

BitFury's ASICs will work even better!

http://www.coindesk.com/bitfury-completion-16nm-bitcoin-mining-asic/

BitFury has announced it has completed the tape-out for its 16NM ASIC bitcoin mining chips, which were first revealed to be in production in February.

The chip will achieve energy efficiency of 0.06 joules per gigahash, compared to the 0.2 joules per gigahash of its 28nm predecessor. BitFury suggested the chip will deliver "four times the compute power" of its previous 28NM chip.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:25:45 AM

BitFury's ASICs will work even better!

http://www.coindesk.com/bitfury-completion-16nm-bitcoin-mining-asic/

BitFury has announced it has completed the tape-out for its 16NM ASIC bitcoin mining chips, which were first revealed to be in production in February.

The chip will achieve energy efficiency of 0.06 joules per gigahash, compared to the 0.2 joules per gigahash of its 28nm predecessor. BitFury suggested the chip will deliver "four times the compute power" of its previous 28NM chip.

I hopeeveryone realizes, soon as those 16nm chips come online at that power rating. If they just mine for themselves, they will singlehandly own the blockchain. Bitcoin will be effectively centralized therefore dead then.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:35:13 AM

You mean like what those German guys were supposed to be doing for the last year?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 05:11:26 AM

Bit of a weird thread to bump, but I'll believe it when I see it. The last 3 chips have never been independently verified or even seen outside of a super farm.

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:17:43 AM

Bit of a weird thread to bump, but I'll believe it when I see it. The last 3 chips have never been independently verified or even seen outside of a super farm.

Considering they make up nearly 1/3rd of the network alone .... thats evidence enough.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 11:44:55 PM

Considering they make up nearly 1/3rd of the network alone .... thats evidence enough.

Of power claims? Its only evidence that they have money, and $60M buys you a lot of miners and a lot of PR.

brontosaurus

Activity: 441

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:46:33 AM

Of power claims? Its only evidence that they have money, and $60M buys you a lot of miners and a lot of PR.

Dogie is bang on the money here, this announcement by Bitfury is simply an exercise in misdirection and PR bullshit. They have had several attempts to make a really high efficiency chip and obviously don't know the recipe. It's easy to say 'my chip can do xJ/GH/sec' without revealing key factors like how big it is (very important), what voltage it runs at and the clock speed at the rated efficiency. In all fairness to Bitmain with their BM1385 they have fullfiled most of these conditions, but no mention of the die size as yet.

To believe that Bitfury can go from an alleged 0.2 J/GH/sec in 28nm to 0.05 in 16nm is nonsense, unless they have very specific measurement points that bear no resemblance to actual operating conditions in practice. 16nm is not a magic bullet - at best you will get half of the power consumption of an existing 28nm design and maybe 2.5 - 3 x the transistor density, very much depending on your design and memory content. KNC tried this same trick with their solar chip, presumably to try to dissuade their competitors and this is more of the same.

The only company that has ever been totally transparent in what they claim to be able to achieve in terms of power efficiency AND tell you how they actually achieved it (eg domino logic) is Spondoolies, and that's largely due to the collective industrial experience of their people and their attention to detail. I'm pretty damn sure that if they were still selling to the public they could come out with all kinds of data about what they could achieve and how they could do it, but they have wisely stayed out of this game and left it to the bullshitters.

By the way, anyone every looked at the size of Bitfurys various 'boards' - they have an awful lot of people to pay......what on earth do they all do? Is this some kind of weird vanity project?
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 01:07:39 PM

Dogie is bang on the money here, this announcement by Bitfury is simply an exercise in misdirection and PR bullshit. They have had several attempts to make a really high efficiency chip and obviously don't know the recipe. It's easy to say 'my chip can do xJ/GH/sec' without revealing key factors like how big it is (very important), what voltage it runs at and the clock speed at the rated efficiency. In all fairness to Bitmain with their BM1385 they have fullfiled most of these conditions, but no mention of the die size as yet.

To believe that Bitfury can go from an alleged 0.2 J/GH/sec in 28nm to 0.05 in 16nm is nonsense, unless they have very specific measurement points that bear no resemblance to actual operating conditions in practice. 16nm is not a magic bullet - at best you will get half of the power consumption of an existing 28nm design and maybe 2.5 - 3 x the transistor density, very much depending on your design and memory content. KNC tried this same trick with their solar chip, presumably to try to dissuade their competitors and this is more of the same.

The only company that has ever been totally transparent in what they claim to be able to achieve in terms of power efficiency AND tell you how they actually achieved it (eg domino logic) is Spondoolies, and that's largely due to the collective industrial experience of their people and their attention to detail. I'm pretty damn sure that if they were still selling to the public they could come out with all kinds of data about what they could achieve and how they could do it, but they have wisely stayed out of this game and left it to the bullshitters.

By the way, anyone every looked at the size of Bitfurys various 'boards' - they have an awful lot of people to pay......what on earth do they all do? Is this some kind of weird vanity project?
brontosaurus, I always like to read your posts.
A little tidbit I can share (not under any kind of NDA):
BitFury (Valery Nebesny) attempted to do async, domino logic 55nm 5 engine scrypt chip and failed.
Here is the chip floor plan:

I really liked George BS statement: https://twitter.com/BitfuryGeorge/status/639064051612524544

There are two all important parameters in Bitcoin ASICs:
GH/mm^2 - Capex and J/GH - Opex

With extreme design techniques, sub 0.1 J/GH is possible also on 28nm processes, the question is what will be the GH/mm^2 - miner cost.

Whenever BitFury gives efficiency numbers (J/GH), they never give the all important GH/mm^2 numbers.

When they're selling hosted hash-rate of their 28nm machines to their customers, they claim the machine efficiency is 0.35 J/GH

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
OZR

Activity: 281

You're in my wonderland!

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 02:26:59 PM

brontosaurus,

I got to work BitFury chips 55nm rev.1 at 0.4w/gh. I'm not a strong developer. Is not the limit.
These chips are fabulous and gorgeous. 55nm rev.2 even better. I have no doubt, that all this reality.

But now, non-BitFury miners in a bad position, because they have no chance to compete.

2Spondoolies-Tech,

I don't have this image. This 55nm? Or 28nm, 16nm?
IMHO. Now, as two years ago. The only key parameter - w/Gh.

My miners on BitFury chips 55nm rev1(2) successfully work all the time and will work much more. Energy efficiency greater than non-downclock Spondoolies-Tech LTD «RockerBox» or BM1384. GH/mm^2 - minor optimization. A3255 and A3233 better BF756C55 at Gh/mm^2. But... They are turned off. Energy consumption.

Currently we do not have the choice of equipment. KnC, BitFury, Spondoolies-Tech not for sale. Miners can not go far on old-technology in downclock chips.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 02:31:28 PM

brontosaurus,

I got to work BitFury chips 55nm rev.1 at 0.4w/gh. I'm not a strong developer. Is not the limit.
These chips are fabulous and gorgeous. 55nm rev.2 even better. I have no doubt, that all this reality.

But now, non-BitFury miners in a bad position, because they have no chance to compete.

2Spondoolies-Tech,

I don't have this image. This 55nm? Or 28nm, 16nm?
IMHO. Now, as two years ago. The only key parameter - w/Gh.

My miners on BitFury chips 55nm rev1(2) successfully work all the time and will work much more. Energy efficiency greater than non-downclock Spondoolies-Tech LTD «RockerBox» or BM1384. GH/mm^2 - minor optimization. A3255 and A3233 better BF756C55 at Gh/mm^2. But... They are turned off. Energy consumption.

Currently we do not have the choice of equipment. KnC, BitFury, Spondoolies-Tech not for sale. Miners can not go far on old-technology in downclock chips.
I wrote that it's 55nm scrypt chip (failed)
You're comparing full custom chips (BitFury rev1, rev2) to standard cell designs (RB, BM1384)
BM1385 is full custom, so is our 3rd gen.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
brontosaurus

Activity: 441

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:11:22 PM

At the end of the day it's largely irrelevant what people say, particularly when they are effectively in the middle of a technological arms race to gain share of the network hash rate. Based on their track record I really couldn't see KNC passing up the chance to demonstrate a working 0.07 J/GH/sec chip to the press if they really had one, but they haven't and you have to wonder why.

When engineers make statements that effectively demean their counterparts in other companies, especially those that probably have combined chip design experience an order of magnitude more than the statement makers organisation, then you really know that they are making things up.

The companies you really should pay attention to are the ones that aren't making a fuss over what they may or may not have. Their attitude towards direct competitors also speaks volume about their company, its ethos and its capabilities.
jmelnick

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 06:39:37 AM

eveyrone knows Dogiie is a paid whore of Bitmain Smiley the whore is pushing Bitmain Antminers so hard - steam com in out of his arrs.. oh well to the thousands of poor small miners who are putting their last bitcoing to buy the machines - there is great deal of PH coming to market (21, BitFury) and your investment will evaporate soon ! Good luck guys buying these machines. As for Spoondolies too bad for the team who failed and now settled to be merged with BTC SHop (what!!) a $20 mln pink sheet market cap on OTC in Nasdaq. This is like 10x less than KNC valuation and you know where that has gone. Spoondolies sad to see being sour losers but oh well. BTC shop has like 2PH or so .. that is less than Bitmain 1000 servers .. bottom line Spoondolies has become irrelevant. In the arms race there are only few players left and they will drive ecosystem. As for BitFury I would not discount them. Look at their track record, look at their market share. Too bad the fker dont sell their machines but even if they did the good days of individual mining are gone. Unless price rallies to 600-700 then its interesting again..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: