Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yacoin Price about to Jump  (Read 10271 times)
AlternativeCypt

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:08:29 PM

Guys, it's over. You missed your opportunity to cash out. Move on. Go back to mining LTC.

Such a foolish mentality

Such a niave little boy...Both FTC and CNC are doing poorly, but this one will do better, because it can only be mined by CPU, which costs considerably more them GPU mining. Why would anyone want to make more profit, mining a real, already tested coin, like LTC. That's just silly Roll Eyes

Play the market. I could give a fuck about FTC and CNC. What's happening now is that YAC is still extremely new and I'm still profiting highly from BTER. Don't try to tell me what makes me money lol. I've made over 500% from my initial investment. Go home, "little boy." BTW, "niave" is spelled "naive"... how naive of you Roll Eyes
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:12:29 PM

Wow, some BTC and especially LTC advocates appear to be quite elitist...  Roll Eyes
I like to bet on the underdog.  Wink

Chrisoldinho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:12:40 PM

It's jumping now, well 0.79

I wouldn't call 1 thousandth of a BTC, jumping Roll Eyes

I was being sarcastic Smiley

Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=207526.0

BTC: 1Lx4N52ZWBJ2ieRudrrUGjec6RybBuGhVV
WindMaster

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:13:34 PM

Such a niave little boy...Both FTC and CNC are doing poorly, but this one will do better, because it can only be mined by CPU, which costs considerably more them GPU mining. Why would anyone want to make more profit, mining a real, already tested coin, like LTC. That's just silly Roll Eyes

I think what's going to happen is that when GPU mining of Yacoin no longer appears economical, multiple people are going to post their modified cgminer source.  Exactly like what happened when Amazon EC2 become uneconomical, we all started sharing lots of details about our Amazon-hosted Yacoin mining server farms and Vycid even posted a detailed howto showing one of several methods (perhaps not the most efficient or expedient method) to do it.

Expect the same type of information sharing to occur when GPU mining of Yacoin becomes uneconomical, since it's likely everyone thinks there isn't going to be additional scrypt+chacha/kekkac based alt-coins released so there won't be any advantage in keeping the modified cgminer source secret.  At that point everyone will be after bragging rights, saying, "Hey, I was one of the first to get cgminer going on Yacoin just X hours after the coin launched, here's my modified source!"

At that point it's going to be interesting to examine the different various approaches each person took to porting scrypt+chacha/kekkac to cgminer.  I'll find it most interesting to see and compare everyone's approaches indeed.
AlternativeCypt

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:14:21 PM

Guys, it's over. You missed your opportunity to cash out. Move on. Go back to mining LTC.

Such a foolish mentality

Play the market. I could give a fuck about FTC and CNC. What's happening now is that YAC is still extremely new and I'm still profiting highly from BTER. Don't try to tell me what makes me money lol. I've made over 500% from my initial investment. Go home, "little boy." BTW, "niave" is spelled "naive"... how naive of you Roll Eyes

I think you meant to say, "I couldn't give a fuck".

Logically, no. It works both ways. If I could give a fuck, it implies that I don't give a fuck already.

Same thing with "I could care less" and "I couldn't care less." People use both expressions. If I could care less, it presumes that I care already, and if someone says I couldn't care less, it means that you are at a level of caring that cannot lower, regardless of its level.
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:16:09 PM

Last night, it was, oh, BTC-e is gonna add YAC, then it's gonna rocket to the moon. Didn't happen..... Roll Eyes

jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:16:43 PM

Such a foolish mentality

I think you meant to say, "I couldn't give a fuck".

Logically, no. It works both ways. If I could give a fuck, it implies that I don't give a fuck already.

Same thing with "I could care less" and "I couldn't care less." People use both expressions. If I could care less, it presumes that I care already, and if someone says I couldn't care less, it means that you are at a level of caring that cannot lower, regardless of its level.

Obligatory: http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001209.html

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
AlternativeCypt

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:17:31 PM

Last night, it was, oh, BTC-e is gonna add YAC, then it's gonna rocket to the moon. Didn't happen..... Roll Eyes

It's RELATIVITY. If someone bought in at .00043 and is selling now at .0008, you tell me who the fuck is about to double their profits from YAC.
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:21:01 PM

I think what's going to happen is that when GPU mining of Yacoin no longer appears economical, multiple people are going to post their modified cgminer source.

If I had a modified cgminer (which I don't, I'm a PHPtard), I would release it so people started mining at a loss, thus developing the perception that they would have to hold and wait for higher exchange prices to cover their costs. Grin

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:21:20 PM

It's RELATIVITY. If someone bought in at .00043 and is selling now at .0008, you tell me who the fuck is about to double their profits from YAC.

So, that person has cashed out....Instead of holding on to them, hoping for a miracle rise in value?

Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:22:36 PM

I think what's going to happen is that when GPU mining of Yacoin no longer appears economical, multiple people are going to post their modified cgminer source.

If I had a modified cgminer (which I don't, I'm a PHPtard), I would release it so people started mining at a loss, thus developing the perception that they would have to hold and wait for higher exchange prices to cover their costs. Grin

You'd be better keeping it to yourself, because if these fanboys, find out that it's being GPU mined, they'll have nothing left to hold on too.

evershawn

Activity: 308

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:22:46 PM

Everything is speculative. YACoin is a decent coin, it should gain some steam in my opinion. I think most of the people that are saying otherwise are doing nothing other than trolling other members from the level of intelligence that can be detected in their replies. I'd pay no mind to it. If you check these trolls, a lot of them troll all over these forums and are fairly useless members in general.
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:38:42 PM

You'd be better keeping it to yourself, because if these fanboys, find out that it's being GPU mined, they'll have nothing left to hold on too.

One thing to consider is that, one doesn't just GPU mine YaCoins. GPU mining YACs has to be more profitable than CPU mining YACs + GPU mining something else, otherwise it's a waste. Anyone doing it would have to believe YAC value would skyrocket.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:47:12 PM

One thing to consider is that, one doesn't just GPU mine YaCoins. GPU mining YACs has to be more profitable than CPU mining YACs + GPU mining something else, otherwise it's a waste. Anyone doing it would have to believe YAC value would skyrocket.

At it's current prices, YAC isn't profitable to mine, with anything

eule

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:05:49 PM

I disagree. 15€ gets me 300 khash for a month. Pool says i get 20 coins a day (reward will rise again). 600YAC are currently worth 0.45BTC.

megablue

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 09:23:38 PM

I disagree. 15€ gets me 300 khash for a month. Pool says i get 20 coins a day (reward will rise again). 600YAC are currently worth 0.45BTC.

you haven't take into account the difficulty will increase and price will drop (which is typical for a new coin). both factors determine the profitability.

LTC: LQx367oQtbwsc7Ygf9S1B6E1d9LuGk7v11
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:27:13 PM

BTC-e _never_ says when or what they will add.  They just do it suddenly.

And, I think they will likely add YAC, given the amount of discussion about it on their Trollbox!

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:28:39 PM

you haven't take into account the difficulty will increase and price will drop (which is typical for a new coin). both factors determine the profitability.

Except that the difficulty will drop at the next N++ on march 14th.

Anyway, it's BS to say price depends on negatively on difficulty b/c often difficulty increase means coin becomes more rare and price goes up.

YAC has what CNC and FTC lack--- something new-- fairness to CPU miners.

eule

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:31:13 PM

Ofcourse i have taken difficulty changes and reward de-/increases into account. I may be off, but I'm rather sure it's not unprofitable to mine, at least for people having access to cheap and fast (virtual) servers, which means everyone.
Incrementing N will lead to immediate hashing speed decrease. Difficulty will reflect these speed changes (i.e. difficulty will decrease after N++) with lags. As soon as block reward depends on difficulty the reward will increase also and more miners will be motivated to join after N++.  It's not easy to predict now but we can be sure that some waves will happen on each N++ event.
Things will get interesting.  Wink

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:33:17 PM

So far YAC's "IPO" on bter.com has been very successful and quite different than that of CNC and FTC.

1) FTC and CNC both opened high and closed low.

* YAC opened low and is currently at about the same price it opened.  Suggesting strength and also a good buy (since it opened low).

2) FTC and CNC had nothing behind them technologically, no upcoming events which could cause a rally or continued interest in them

* YAC has dynamic N factor and upcoming events when the N-factor will change and difficulty will drop, giving CPU miners some incentive to mine.

Date of interest

May 14, N=64, 8Kb
May 17, N=128, 16Kb
May 20, N=256, 32Kb
May 29, N=512, 64Kb

And it keeps going until GPUs don't have enough memory.

So, I am extremely bullish on YAC.  And I think the current price is a way early buy in point.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: