Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:26:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox should be arrested  (Read 10584 times)
Sweft (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:57:46 AM

This is potentially a 5-10m heist.  No one knows what's going on. 

This should open up lawsuits and criminal proceedings.  We don't know if MtGox stole it or what his intentions were.  We don't know ANYTHING.

You guys are blind religious fanatics for trusting this idiot.  I hope he contacts the FBI.  He's at least negligent and worst, a criminal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:00:06 AM

This should open up lawsuits and criminal proceedings.  We don't know if MtGox stole it or what his intentions were.  We don't know ANYTHING.

You guys are blind religious fanatics for trusting this idiot.  I hope he contacts the FBI.  He's at least negligent and worst, a criminal.

We already have criminal proceedings in process against whoever did the hack.
lonestranger

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

I like long walks on the beach, shaving my head...

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:01:31 AM

Criminal proceedings in what country? Japan?
Sweft (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:02:35 AM

LOL.  Can you show proof of anything you say?

How many times have you lied?

You post information regarding users in a public forum?  Seriously?  You should be jailed for the way you handled this.

So you know who the perpetrator was?  Please tell us.  Do you have criminal proceedings against a fake identity?  Who exactly do you have criminal proceedings against?
bittrader

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:03:36 AM

My impression is that Mt. Gox is doing what they can as fast as they can do it. I have no complaints about the way they've handled the situation after the attacks (I do have a complaint about the attack, obviously, but that's past now).

This is potentially a 5-10m heist.  No one knows what's going on.

And we do know know what's doing on to a certain extent. They've released a lot of information on their site, on the forums, and in interviews.
relative

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:07:40 AM

It's hilarious that all these hyper-libertarians are running their asses off to get the government involved in private enterprise.  Just call Atlas with his private army.

I guess Kevin owns their paychecks now so they jumped ship.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:10:58 AM

The troll factor is high today

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Sweft (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:11:43 AM

The troll factor is high today
Religious zealotry?
Sweft (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:12:46 AM

MtGox: Can you post information regarding the "criminal proceedings" you claimed above?
TriumVir

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:26:33 AM

Kevin gets thrown to the wolves . . . but the mysterious and heretofore unmentioned "financial auditor" goes unnamed and apparently is above reproach.

MagicalTwinkie's got some splainin to do.
Sweft (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:27:23 AM

MtGox should be jailed.

Kevin should sue MtGox.

You guys are idiots for believing this criminal.  He should not be allowed to follow through with his plan.  There are no rules regarding this action.  The law should guide this decision, not subjective critique.  This needs to be subjected to the scrutiny of the legal system.

I don't understand how you have faith in MtGox to solve this crisis.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:29:54 AM

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
swusc2

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

Do your part for Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:30:35 AM

PPFFFFFFFFFBWAHAHAHAHA

These...IDIOTS...get ahold of a random fucking IP...and now they've got "criminal prceedings" going on.

Unless he means that Kevin guy is the hacker, in which case..

MMM..

MMMMMM......

PPPPFFFFF BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA.

Oh god you s t u p i d FUCKS.

It's getting so good here.

So, so sweetly good.

God we all know MtGox fucked up. Will you stop posting the same crap about them being stupid crap in every thread that pops up? Apparently you are the King of +1 and being an total asshat.

Impress your friends! Buy a bitcoin keychain!
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=30799.0
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:32:46 AM

Everyone has become so malicious.  The hate that people are typing is revolting.  NO BODY forced anyone to use MtGox!  It was their own fair choice.  Their own fair risk.

I would ask that people give MagicalTux a break... He has been doing a wonderful job considering.   I would ask you also to stop making judgements with no evidence.

However, this forum has become a troll pit.  Where people just say the most hateful and non-productive things, 'just because they can.'

One off NP-Hard.
Sweft (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:33:22 AM

Arresting people serves a purpose.  So that they can post or be denied bail.  In this situation the risk for damage should encourage a judge to deny bail.  The total amount of potential hardship that he can inflict is in the 10m+ dollar range.   If he is allowed bail, all of your money is at risk.  At this point all hardware associated with MtGox should be seized and he should be confined to prison until trial.

People who believe that MtGox should set the rules and become law are delusional religious crackheads.
Batouzo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:36:39 AM

Is it a comics to the whole "that buyer is the hacker [probably] lets kill him now" situation
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:38:37 AM

Arresting people serves a purpose.  So that they can post or be denied bail.  In this situation the risk for damage should encourage a judge to deny bail.  The total amount of potential hardship that he can inflict is in the 10m+ dollar range.   If he is allowed bail, all of your money is at risk.  At this point all hardware associated with MtGox should be seized and he should be confined to prison until trial.

People who believe that MtGox should set the rules and become law are delusional religious crackheads.

You are evil.

One off NP-Hard.
Epinnoia

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:42:53 AM

If the bitcoins were in fact stolen, then you had no legal expectation of keeping them no matter what price you bought them at.  In fact, you're lucky you are getting a roll-back rather than losing your investment completely.  If a cop found you in possession of a stolen vehicle that you got off of E-Bay, it won't matter that you paid for it.  They'll take it from you and give it back to the rightful owner.  It would then be your responsibility to go after the person who sold it to you.

Having said that, we have no way to validate the official story as it stands.  I do not necessarily trust or distrust MtGox.  But they need to provide confirmation of their own statements of fact.  If the police are involved, then a case number should be provided.  Perhaps a scanned copy of a police report?  I'd have much more trust in MtGox if I knew the owner has reported this to the police, if for no other reason than the fact that filing a false police report is typically a felony.

My first miner -> ATI 4550 (7.2 Mh/sec): 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptospeculators/
Sweft (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:44:59 AM

If the bitcoins were in fact stolen, then you had no legal expectation of keeping them no matter what price you bought them at.  In fact, you're lucky you are getting a roll-back rather than losing your investment completely.  If a cop found you in possession of a stolen vehicle, it won't matter that you paid for it.  They'll take it from you and give it back to the rightful owner.  It would then be your responsibility to go after the person who sold it to you.

Having said that, we have no way to validate the official story as it stands.  I do not necessarily trust or distrust MtGox.  But they need to provide confirmation of their own statements of fact.  If the police are involved, then a case number should be provided.  Perhaps a scanned copy of a police report?  I'd have much more trust in MtGox if I knew the owner has reported this to the police, if for no other reason than the fact that filing a false police report is typically a felony.

Stop.  Stop now.

Let the law decide what is or isn't.  Not you.  Not me.  Not MtGox.

4 Days until MtGox is open?  Are you serious?

HAHAHA. 

Idiots.
silverman

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:46:15 AM

This is potentially a 5-10m heist.  No one knows what's going on.  

This should open up lawsuits and criminal proceedings.  We don't know if MtGox stole it or what his intentions were.  We don't know ANYTHING.

You guys are blind religious fanatics for trusting this idiot.  I hope he contacts the FBI.  He's at least negligent and worst, a criminal.

First, that was a really stupid thing to do; to give out our privileged account information to outsiders, to be spread across the internet.

Second, to expose the Bitcoin community to the authority of the state.

Third, I call Royal Bullshit on you, MagicalTux: Name the jurisdiction and venue, or it didn't happen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: