Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] - Stumptown Miners - Avalon PCB Assembly - West Coast USA  (Read 30680 times)
ryepdx (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:18:56 PM

1) It's recommended we use the same address to send bitcoins for making the boards that we originally used buy the chips. This will help settle any disputes that arise.

Sounds good to me.

2) We pay up front for boards on the website, and leave our forum username and probably an email address.

And a refund address. If your group buy has enough people sending chips to me, you'll be bumped into a lower-priced assembly and fabrication tier, which will result in a refund of the difference between what you paid and what the miner now costs. Plus I'll need to issue refunds for anyone who joins from a late-shipping group buy without enough orders to justify the cost. (Making a batch of, for example, four miners would not be worth it, and I don't want to hold up assembly on a shipment from a larger group buy to wait for a couple more chips to trickle in from a later group buy.)

3) We inform group buy operators about the change in delivery address. Hopefully they'll be OK with this (since it saves them shipping $ and trouble), and they'll provide you a list of forum usernames that are now sending chips to you (and the associated number of chips).

Sounds good to me. When someone joins from a particular group buy, I'll send my shipping information to the person who organized it and then the person getting miners from me can just tell their group buy organizer to send their chips to ryepdx, or Stumptown Miners. The person organizing the group buy can then just tell me who's forwarding their chips to me and how many they wanted forwarded.

4) You can validate the people rerouting chips against the people who paid on your website using forum usernames, as well ensuring they're not having more boards made than they're having chips sent.

That's what I plan on doing.

5) Hopefully this means nobody gets scammed.

Hopefully! :-)

So far I like how this thread has been going, I was wondering just in case BTC crashes to 80-90$ levels.
Is it OK if I paid you in USD when it comes time to order?
Heck we can even meet up for a few drinks with the other local miners too  Grin

I'll be selling the BTC I receive immediately in order to hedge against such crashes. I'll also be organizing a local meetup for people interested in this endeavor so they can talk with me face-to-face. You can hand off whatever USD you want to hand off at that point. If it ends up that the price of your miner drops due to the amount of involvement from your group buy, I'll send you back the extra cash along with your miner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:27:16 AM

I'll be selling the BTC I receive immediately in order to hedge against such crashes. I'll also be organizing a local meetup for people interested in this endeavor so they can talk with me face-to-face. You can hand off whatever USD you want to hand off at that point. If it ends up that the price of your miner drops due to the amount of involvement from your group buy, I'll send you back the extra cash along with your miner.
Sounds great, What's the status on the K1 quotes if any?
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:28:11 AM

The last quote I got on the K1 from Colin. It was a hand-wavy $10 for assembly and $2 to $20 for fabrication. Still waiting on a quote from SMT NW on both the K1 and the K16. ESP Seattle finally got back to me, but they weren't able to beat Tate's price on the K16, so I won't be pursuing things with them any further. I'll send out for a quote on the K1 from Tate today.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:39:34 PM

The last quote I got on the K1 from Colin. It was a hand-wavy $10 for assembly and $2 to $20 for fabrication. Still waiting on a quote from SMT NW on both the K1 and the K16. ESP Seattle finally got back to me, but they weren't able to beat Tate's price on the K16, so I won't be pursuing things with them any further. I'll send out for a quote on the K1 from Tate today.

$2 to $20 for fabrication? That was a real quote? Hahahaha. I hope $20 is for 10 units and $2 is for 10,000 or something, because that's completely useless otherwise.

redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:50:39 PM

Interested. 34 chips from ragn's first group order.

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:57:36 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 01:13:14 AM by ryepdx

I hope $20 is for 10 units and $2 is for 10,000 or something, because that's completely useless otherwise.

True facts. I'm not going to be going with Colin's supplier in all likelihood. I got some preliminary online quotes for fabrication before I started focusing on assembly costs, and it looks like $10 per board is pretty much what it costs at most places for our batch sizes.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:07:30 AM

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Sie4JW1E

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The escrow address for Ryepdx's Avalon Chip group buy is:

1E4YTtj589bWJPyN5y1NMTdkQ3DDfc6c8f

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery.
GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a statement of condition.

In addition to that, I confirm the receipt of:

1) Photo of Ryepdx's passport
2) Photo of Ryepdx's Driver's license
3) Self-potrait of Ryepdx and his house
4) Self-potrait of Ryepdx and his house number
5) Self-potrait of Ryepdx and his license
6) Photo of shipping label to his address

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.
[
Please understand that I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.   
I am imposing a fixed and nonrefundable fee of 2% for this transaction, to be deducted when the funds are moved.

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
27 May 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)
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=01kG
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:15:54 AM

Interested in 2 k16's and 4 k1's (assuming all chips are good).  I'm also in ragingazn's first batch and steamboat's 3rd batch, so that works out perfect. Smiley
spinner

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:00:30 AM

Very Interested in throwing my hat in the ring for some combination of k16s and k64s totaling 256 chips from Ragin's 1st chip group buy.
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:45:19 AM

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Sie4JW1E

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The escrow address for Ryepdx's Avalon Chip group buy is:

1E4YTtj589bWJPyN5y1NMTdkQ3DDfc6c8f

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery.
GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a statement of condition.

In addition to that, I confirm the receipt of:

1) Photo of Ryepdx's passport
2) Photo of Ryepdx's Driver's license
3) Self-potrait of Ryepdx and his house
4) Self-potrait of Ryepdx and his house number
5) Self-potrait of Ryepdx and his license
6) Photo of shipping label to his address

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.
[
Please understand that I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.   
I am imposing a fixed and nonrefundable fee of 2% for this transaction, to be deducted when the funds are moved.

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
27 May 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)
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=01kG
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

So what are we doing with this?  Is this a preliminary setup?  Are you accepting payment already?  Are the prices on the OP set?
OtaconEmmerich

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:15:13 PM

I think rye is just setting up escrow so he can accept taking funds now, I'm pretty sure he's getting ready as bkkcoins is finishing up his prototype boards within 4-5 days. I'm pretty sure once the firm price points come in he will get lots of orders from all of the West Coast.
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:04:48 PM

I think rye is just setting up escrow so he can accept taking funds now, I'm pretty sure he's getting ready as bkkcoins is finishing up his prototype boards within 4-5 days. I'm pretty sure once the firm price points come in he will get lots of orders from all of the West Coast.

East coast too; I'm in both of ryepdx's group buys so I figure it'll be less mess if I just follow ryepdx through assembly.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:53:05 PM

Not a joke...

Have you looked on ebay for "4-layer PCB" printers? The prices and quality is a LOT better than most US listed prices. (Not for a prototype board though.)

I believe they all follow ISO standards that are up to date, and they do most of the "extra" stuff free... Like, actually testing the boards, solder-masking, silk-screening... Which other places try to charge you additional fees for, to hide the fact that they are taking you for a ride. Tongue

Just offering my 2-cents...
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:18:05 PM

I think rye is just setting up escrow so he can accept taking funds now, I'm pretty sure he's getting ready as bkkcoins is finishing up his prototype boards within 4-5 days.

Yep, that's the case. JohnK has my identity information and I'm currently working on a small website that will allow people to place their orders. There was a miscommunication between JohnK and me, though. The escrow we're looking at setting up will have the payments going directly to me so he doesn't have to deal with converting a bunch of XBT (I just discovered the ISO standards thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179881.0) to USD all the time. If I reneg on our deal, then JohnK releases my identity information.

Is this an acceptable setup for everyone? The funds will have to pass through my hands and into the plants' hands at some point prior to delivery anyway, as I don't have enough funds on hand to pay for batches of 100 miners all by myself.

Have you looked on ebay for "4-layer PCB" printers? The prices and quality is a LOT better than most US listed prices. (Not for a prototype board though.)

I have no trouble believing this. In looking for a local supplier, I'm hoping to minimize turnaround time, not price. I'm going to be a little more expensive than most of the other deals, but I'm aiming to be faster in return. Time is XBT when you're mining.
OtaconEmmerich

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:16:31 PM

Is this an acceptable setup for everyone?
I'm going to be a little more expensive than most of the other deals, but I'm aiming to be faster in return. Time is XBT when you're mining.
I'm perfectly happy with this setup and don't mind paying a bit more for a faster turn around.
Also while XBT is neat all all, I'd rather call it it BTC in the non-formal syntax. It rolls of the tongue better.
jordan314

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:02:15 PM

Hi,
         Is it possible to run a k16 board with only 12 chips and mine a little slower?
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:27:03 AM

subscribed.  I am probably willing to devote about 1000 chips from my order and help with costs so keep me informed please.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
evilscoop

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:34:40 AM

Hi,

yes it is, mount 3 per bank
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:33:44 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure that the plant will be able to accommodate different numbers of chips per board, though...
lukasbradley
Donator

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:46:47 PM

Hey Rye, PM sent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: