Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:12:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] - Stumptown Miners - Avalon PCB Assembly - West Coast USA  (Read 30680 times)
ryepdx (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:01:57 PM

So, has anyone heard any rumblings about the Avalon chips? We're nearing the promised ship date... 1-2 weeks, probably.

As for pressing boards, do we have any kind of ETA on that? I know BKK is still working on his design.

By the way, ryepdx: can you confirm receipt of my payment? There was only a pass-through webpage when I ordered to serve as a reciept. I kinda wish it'd emailed me.

No ETA on pressing boards yet. As you said BkkCoins is still working on his design. I don't want to pull a Terrahash and get a bunch of boards pressed prematurely. I'll start pressing boards once BkkCoins has confirmation that the current K16 design can be chained.

Yes, I have received your payment. For anyone else who has the same question, here is the list of all the people I have received payment from so far:

redphlegm
OtaconEmmerich
timewaster
spinner
ThatBitcoinGuy
DPoS
Vycid
spanishfry

If you believe your name should be on this list, please message me.

If you still want to buy from me, please do so soon. I will be closing orders on July 7th to allow some time for selling the excess PICs I've ordered to other assemblers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:32:36 PM

So, has anyone heard any rumblings about the Avalon chips? We're nearing the promised ship date... 1-2 weeks, probably.

As for pressing boards, do we have any kind of ETA on that? I know BKK is still working on his design.

By the way, ryepdx: can you confirm receipt of my payment? There was only a pass-through webpage when I ordered to serve as a reciept. I kinda wish it'd emailed me.

No ETA on pressing boards yet. As you said BkkCoins is still working on his design. I don't want to pull a Terrahash and get a bunch of boards pressed prematurely. I'll start pressing boards once BkkCoins has confirmation that the current K16 design can be chained.

That is wise. I assume that the volume from raginazn628's group is not high enough to consider K64, right?

I'm honestly a little confused where everyone is taking their chips. Are they waiting on ragin? He's released basically no information...

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:54:21 PM

That is wise. I assume that the volume from raginazn628's group is not high enough to consider K64, right?

I'm honestly a little confused where everyone is taking their chips. Are they waiting on ragin? He's released basically no information...

This effort sounds like the most solid plan..  no hype and just going to get it done. 
I dont think anyone feels they are going to get rich with these but they should pay for themselves and help spread out the hashing.

no rush, stay steady and let's get it done right the first time

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:23:36 PM

Thanks. Yeah, it looks like we won't be getting any K64s made. Fortunately everyone who has ordered a K64 so far has specified that it's alright to swap their K64s out for K16s, so that's what I'll be doing.

I'm not sure where everyone is taking their chips. There may be a little bit of psychological inertia keeping people with raging's assembly service, despite his unresponsiveness.

This effort sounds like the most solid plan..  no hype and just going to get it done.  
I dont think anyone feels they are going to get rich with these but they should pay for themselves and help spread out the hashing.

no rush, stay steady and let's get it done right the first time

Thanks! I appreciate your appreciation.  Grin
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 07:10:56 PM

Hi all. I'm considering dropping the K1s. Right now we don't have enough orders to make the target price, and there are only a few hours left before I stop taking orders. Would doing this affect anyone's decision to have K16s made via my service?
ThatBitcoinGuy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 07:20:19 PM

Hi all. I'm considering dropping the K1s. Right now we don't have enough orders to make the target price, and there are only a few hours left before I stop taking orders. Would doing this affect anyone's decision to have K16s made via my service?

Nope, doesn't affect my decision...  thanks!
DPoS

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:34:56 PM

Just send me the extra chips with the k16's. No biggie.  Does that change the price now?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:55:58 PM

Just send me the extra chips with the k16's. No biggie.  Does that change the price now?

Nope, no price change. I'll be happy to send you your extra chips along with your K16s. :-)
DPoS

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:17:04 AM

Nope, no price change. I'll be happy to send you your extra chips along with your K16s. :-)

the refund on the K1s?

K1 price: ~$40

" sent 4.5129 for two k16 & six K1 "

ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:06:09 AM

the refund on the K1s?

Yes, I'll be sending $40 worth of BTC to everyone's refund addresses for each K1 ordered, assuming we don't get a huge number of K1s ordered in the next couple of hours.
DPoS

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:38:44 AM

the refund on the K1s?

Yes, I'll be sending $40 worth of BTC to everyone's refund addresses for each K1 ordered, assuming we don't get a huge number of K1s ordered in the next couple of hours.

thanks - shame the interest is not there.. probably since they feel asicminer USBees will crash down to $50 soon anyway

redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:54:05 AM

I'm interested in buying any chips that people were allocating to k1's. I need 14 to make a full k16. Anyone interested?

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:10:58 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 06:24:25 PM by ryepdx

Okay, I'm about to start emailing everyone who ordered a K1 and asking them to confirm the refund addresses I have on file. After I receive confirmation of the refund addresses, I will be sending refunds.

Also, I've had a couple PMs come in asking to buy more K16s. I've decided that *if* these people can pay for the K16s before the PICs I need to make the K16s they want get sold, then they can have them. I figure this will help us by potentially getting us to a bigger batch size. They will, of course, be behind everyone else who has already paid. And I'm not re-opening the order form, since any orders that come in at this point are contingent on my excess PICs not all getting sold off.

Finally, regarding burn-in: at present I think it would be best to have Colin, if he's willing, mine for a while against a Bitcoin address under my control (address TBA), and then disperse the funds at that address to everyone's refund addresses according to the percentage of Gh/s they contributed. I figure that will get everyone recouping their investments faster and will keep Colin from having to juggle a bunch of config files.

I haven't talked with Colin about this plan yet, because I wanted to see what you guys thought first. Does this burn-in plan sound good to you?

Edit:
Alright, I just finished emailing everyone who ordered and paid for a K1 regarding their refund addresses. Please check your spam and trash folders if you ordered and paid for a K1 and don't see an email in your inbox. If you don't see the email anywhere, please let me know.
ThatBitcoinGuy

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:43:16 PM

Finally, regarding burn-in: at present I think it would be best to have Colin, if he's willing, mine for a while against a Bitcoin address under my control (address TBA), and then disperse the funds at that address to everyone's refund addresses according to the percentage of Gh/s they contributed. I figure that will get everyone recouping their investments faster and will keep Colin from having to juggle a bunch of config files.

I haven't talked with Colin about this plan yet, because I wanted to see what you guys thought first. Does this burn-in plan sound good to you?

Sounds fine to me...

- TBG
spinner

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:23:45 AM

I'm interested in buying any chips that people were allocating to k1's. I need 14 to make a full k16. Anyone interested?

I have 128 spare chips that will be sent to ryepdx from raging that i'm willing to sell.  Anyone that needs chips for this K16 order are welcome to them at cost.  Otherwise I guess ryepdx will be sending me them with my K16s.
bitrocket

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 06:09:32 AM

I have 128 spare chips that will be sent to ryepdx from raging that i'm willing to sell.  Anyone that needs chips for this K16 order are welcome to them at cost.  Otherwise I guess ryepdx will be sending me them with my K16s.

Interested in 128 chips, PM sent. Which batch are they from?

NEW Rocketpool Giveaway [POOL][DOGE] 10,000 Doge Block Finder Bonus on now: http://doge.rocketpool.org
>50,000 Dogecoin bounty in blockfinder rewards
spinner

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:33:35 PM

I'm from Ragingazn628 group by https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.0 .  You can look at his spreadsheet to verify this (row 22).  The chips are already being shipped here to reypdx.  I paid 20.535 BTC for 256 chips, so you can have 128 of them for 10.267 BTC at 1Fy9BFfPS614wcjaG6SoKB5tZUGC1kU48g

bitrocket

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 06:40:02 PM

I'm from Ragingazn628 group by https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.0 .  You can look at his spreadsheet to verify this (row 22).  The chips are already being shipped here to reypdx.  I paid 20.535 BTC for 256 chips, so you can have 128 of them for 10.267 BTC at 1Fy9BFfPS614wcjaG6SoKB5tZUGC1kU48g

Completed! Thank you
Tx ID: d22c94a02bcc673899b6d2aebc917dea09090de290f79b1bbd6c4231f513e782

I will have 8 chips left over for anyone who needs to complete a K16, or if K1's go into production

NEW Rocketpool Giveaway [POOL][DOGE] 10,000 Doge Block Finder Bonus on now: http://doge.rocketpool.org
>50,000 Dogecoin bounty in blockfinder rewards
ryepdx (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:40:34 PM

I'm still getting requests for orders via PM, and that's fine by me. I would rather have these PICs on Stumptown miners than have to sell them. I am a little amused, though: it seems like a good number of people waited until after the deadline to make their decision, since we've gone from 71 K16s ordered from before the deadline to 167. I have capacity for 256 K16s, and once we reach that, or once I sell the remainder of my PICs (whichever comes first), we are closed. Full stop.

If anyone still wants to get in on this, feel free to PM me. All orders taken through the order form earlier are covered, but any requests for orders I receive via PM will be contingent on component availability. I also reserve the right to suddenly snap shut the "extended ordering window" if it looks like component suppliers are running low on one of the components on the current BOM.
redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:40:52 PM

Completed! Thank you
Tx ID: d22c94a02bcc673899b6d2aebc917dea09090de290f79b1bbd6c4231f513e782

I will have 8 chips left over for anyone who needs to complete a K16, or if K1's go into production

I need 14.

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: