Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why use Bitcoins ?  (Read 13317 times)
mizan2821

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:30:43 PM

bitcoin is king on all coin. It's easy way exchange.Use Bitcoin to pay quickly, earn money to get rich, or simply testify to what people are saying about the magic of Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magmar

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:52:53 AM

Like what general investors in BTC have decided, its not meant to be used to buy groceries. Its a store of value

As simple as that, bitcoins for me is bot meant to be a day by day currency. It is more an investment money, but if you really need money you can exchange it anytime you wanted to. But you you didn't,  just store it and wait until the value rises.
Bowly88

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:15:57 AM

Like what general investors in BTC have decided, its not meant to be used to buy groceries. Its a store of value

Because bitcoin value rises from time to time and it is pretty convinient. With just saving it you can also gain more when the value rises. And with that I choose bitcoin more than any currency.
genocide

Activity: 258

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:36:45 AM

Why use Bitcoins ?

I keep seeing threads on “why don't people” ? The real question to me is Why would they ?

-The average consumer will go way out of their way to save money. Bitcoins cost more.
-The average consumer will usually pay a little extra to have convenience. Bitcoin is less convenience and more hoops and complications.

I just cannot see any reason for the average consumer to use Bitcoins. Until average consumers start using Bitcoins they will just be an experiment and a small speculative bubble.

I have my personal reasons, I am interested Bitcoins them as a tech person, speculative investor and person that follows evolving treads and markets. I am just struggling to see any.. benefits for the average consumer at this stage.   

The main function of bitcoin is to serve as a storage of your wealth, while having its value increasing as time pass by. Now why should the average consumer use bitcoins? It's because bitcoin transactions are much faster compared to ones using regular cash when buying goods and services, and the transaction fees are low, or free in some cases. It is actually more convenient and easier to use. And if you want to, you can convert it into fiat money anytime.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:43:01 AM

Why use Bitcoins ?

I keep seeing threads on “why don't people” ? The real question to me is Why would they ?

-The average consumer will go way out of their way to save money. Bitcoins cost more.
-The average consumer will usually pay a little extra to have convenience. Bitcoin is less convenience and more hoops and complications.

I just cannot see any reason for the average consumer to use Bitcoins. Until average consumers start using Bitcoins they will just be an experiment and a small speculative bubble.

I have my personal reasons, I am interested Bitcoins them as a tech person, speculative investor and person that follows evolving treads and markets. I am just struggling to see any.. benefits for the average consumer at this stage.   
This is the reality in the Bitcoin field that we always need to pay a fee of 0.3 to 1$ already in the current time and also needed to get confirmation time to consume , so that the person who is accepting Bitcoin as a payment make himself sure that the fund he received is confirmed exactly and no chance to reverse .
And also we can't use Bitcoin to make buy sell.of small small amount of things because we will face Double the price of that thing .
But still here you should think that there are many third-party services ( better example is zebpay) where they are giving directly Mobile recharge , gift card , and many other options which are transaction fee free , so may be in the future we will get a type of the technology by third party where we can use Bitcoin free of transaction fee by wallet to wallet ( of third party ) .
And also there is not only a fee problem but also have many advantages like to convert one country fiat to another country easily .
So here now my question is that why we should not use Bitcoin  .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:52:17 AM

Because bitcoin value rises from time to time and it is pretty convinient. With just saving it you can also gain more when the value rises. And with that I choose bitcoin more than any currency.

Yes bitcoins can be considered as currency or digital asset, bitcoins can protect the value from inflation because amount of bitcoins is limited 21.000.000 BTC only, the other beneficial on bitcoins we can use small amount of capital to make investment in bitcoins, it is more easy and simple to be used than invest in another instrument of investment.
YS84

Activity: 159

UTEMIS| pre-ICO 15.02.2018 | +50% Bonus

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:27:04 AM

Why use Bitcoins ?

Bitcoin was not designed in the way you are describing it. Bitcoin was not made for people to use it to buy groceries and everyday spending with. It is meant as an investment option, similar to gold. Bitcoin is also fairly anoymous, especially if you use multiple addresses. Think of bitcoin as gold and compare them. They re both investments but Bitcoin has the abilibity to be spent online.

I agree, at this time, you cannot use bitcoin for paying groceries and other small stuff that needs instant payment. It is preferrably used for big transactions like trading and investments. Since bitcoin is volatile, it is more advisable if you invest bitcoin.

Correct. Currently with the fees problem, we cannot used bitcoin for micro payment scheme. It may defeat the purpose of bitcoin, but I honestly it will succeed once the high fee will be resolved.  So bitcoin right now is for the big boys, specially in the field of trading and investment because the price is very high. Again, if the features will improved in the near future then bitcoin can be used to buy online or even in groceries. But that remains to be seen.

Good explanations, current situation bitcoins cannot use to buy stuff in the groceries or markets which we are using day today. however, it can be used online in the investment.

megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:19:07 AM

Why use Bitcoins ?

Bitcoin was not designed in the way you are describing it. Bitcoin was not made for people to use it to buy groceries and everyday spending with. It is meant as an investment option, similar to gold. Bitcoin is also fairly anoymous, especially if you use multiple addresses. Think of bitcoin as gold and compare them. They re both investments but Bitcoin has the abilibity to be spent online.

I agree, at this time, you cannot use bitcoin for paying groceries and other small stuff that needs instant payment. It is preferrably used for big transactions like trading and investments. Since bitcoin is volatile, it is more advisable if you invest bitcoin.

Correct. Currently with the fees problem, we cannot used bitcoin for micro payment scheme. It may defeat the purpose of bitcoin, but I honestly it will succeed once the high fee will be resolved.  So bitcoin right now is for the big boys, specially in the field of trading and investment because the price is very high. Again, if the features will improved in the near future then bitcoin can be used to buy online or even in groceries. But that remains to be seen.

Good explanations, current situation bitcoins cannot use to buy stuff in the groceries or markets which we are using day today. however, it can be used online in the investment.

Well I'm confident after the issues with small block size are able to be resolved hopefully August 1 then with a faster confirmation and low transaction fees Bitcoin will become useable on a daily basis and these grocery merchants will start accepting them.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:24:05 AM

bitcoin is king on all coin. It's easy way exchange.Use Bitcoin to pay quickly, earn money to get rich, or simply testify to what people are saying about the magic of Bitcoin.

It is where alt coins originated and why bitcoin? it's not just because it's the king of all coins. It's the most popular and it is the one that started crypto transactions. Everything is starting to be fixed with bitcoin so there's no doubt that it is a good way to save from those usual way of sending money and having deals with people offshore.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:56:13 AM

-snip-

-The average consumer who gets to use bitcoin could enjoy the benefits of using bitcoin and having easy access to recreational activities like gambling without sharing much of their personal details(KYC)

-The average consumer will pay less when transferring a huge amount of money which is why they need to use bitcoins

ngerok

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:18:01 AM

just keep the Bitcoin in the wallet and wait Until the price is getting better. I am sure if you save Bitcoin from 2013 until now. Then you are for now a billionaire.
Taskford

Activity: 2520
Merit: 786

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:56:49 AM

We should use bitcoin because it is an opportunity for us to earn more money in investing our real money into bitcoin because bitcoin has this thing called volatility and that is an advantage if you are a smart user because you can easily do trades to earn money without waiting for a long period of time like what most of the scenarios in stock market.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
fathur.aza

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:06:00 AM

I use bitcoin because it is very easy to use in doing what I want, and can be used to buy goods online.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:26:54 AM

Mate you are taking it wrong, i agree that the use of currency is to use it anywhere like buying groceries and other stuff etc.  but digital currencies are not much widely used for these purposes because even today majority of the world is not using it and many of them don't even know about it. However its popularity is increasing day by day due to which its price is elevating, this increasing price can give benefit to any average person who is using it.
mehedi24

Activity: 336

Personal Account

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:34:28 AM

I am new in bitcoin industry's. I use my bitcoin for recherge my mobile phone and buy some vpn for craiglist work.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:54:01 AM

Bitcoin can be used as an investment asset, and as a payment medium. Personally, I have divided by holdings to two parts. The first part is for medium-term investment, while the second part is consisting of "liquid" coins to be used for payments.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:54:58 AM

What matters most is why i use bitcoin because of the freedom of payment. Allowing to send and receive money instantly anywhere and anytime. No bank holiday. No country borders. No restrictions applying. Bitcoin gives me complete control over my money. Bitcoin will remain in my life and accompany my daily life, i have felt many advantages of bitcoin.
wellsontheja

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:25:44 AM

Because i want to create money for my life.
Nightsik

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:45:12 AM

It is like asking why use money? we are going to be in a big advantage if we are using bitcoin, why is that? Because it's value compare to fiat do have a big difference, the first one is the price, fiat's price compare to bitcoin's price do have a lot of gaps, that is why you are earning more than the normal people who are only earning fiat.
uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 10:55:30 AM

because, bitcoin can allow you to be your own bank. It provides financial freedom and it is also a fast and secure when it comes on transferring. And it is a really big help in our new generation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: