Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:26:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][BCC]- Bitcoin Cash (BitcoinABC) - Airdrop on Aug 1st 2017  (Read 4303 times)
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:24:31 PM

This isn't an airdrop, it's a fork.
Its an intentional fork away from Bitcoin to create a new crypto currency called BitcoinCash (BCC), all the coins and their addresses are effectively in both chains at the time of the fork.
If you have the private keys to those addresses, you will own the coins in both forks.

So if you have 2 BTC in your own wallet before the fork, after the fork you will have 2BTC and 2BCC. You can spend on either chain, but unless something is put in place to prevent a replay attack, transactions from one chain can simply be copied by anyone to the other chain, and the transactions will then be mirrored there.

It is very likely that the value of your 2BTC + 2BCC after the fork will be less than the value of 2BTC before the fork.

So exciting how things will turn out come this Aug 1.
Everyone in crypto is watching, speculating, betting, not sleeping, etc...  Grin
So better secure your BTC first, and then, treat as bonus if you are getting this bitcoincash.
levelten

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:58:52 PM

For me it's unclear if...

1) BitcoinABC/Cash will only be created if BIP91/Segwitx2 will not get enough support, or

2) if BitcoinABC/Cash will split in any case

Does anybody know for sure how it will be/what will happen?

Second question: Is it meant seriously or just a strategic move to support the NY-agreement, to avoid support for an UAHF?

The answer is #2. They will use an NON-Segwit client with 8mb block size. Basically, it is a New Alt Coin with Bitcoin protocol.
If you want to claim their coins you have to use their client with your Bitcoin private key.
Please remember not to send coins to the wrong wallet, your transaction will be rejected, however, the coin will be lost forever.

more info on their websites.
https://www.bitcoincash.org/
https://www.bitcoinabc.org/
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:28:56 AM

The BCC trading pair is live on

https://www.viabtc.com/convert/bcc

Gwyn

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:34:34 AM

I think we should spread the word about this wonderful project on other social media platforms apart from facebook,
twitter and this forum, bounty or no bounty for this to be a success as pre-token sales draws nearer.
abdullahtahsin420

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:19:40 AM

Can I get more information about this project?
kotbi

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 05:23:36 PM

I believe the coins have come out yet. How come they are already being exchanged  at  viabtc.com?

████→→       ● BitMEX, trade bitcoin and altcoins using 100X leverage   Use this link to sign up and get 10% off fees for 6 months

████→→       ● BitMEX, 100倍杠杆交易比特币和山寨币  设在香港,提供中文支持, 用此链接开户前6个月节省10%的交易费
Caztiel

Activity: 773
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:28:18 PM

I really don't think that BTC will split ... Unnecessary Chaos !
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: