Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:31:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you guys ride out the last bitcoin/altcoin "crash"?  (Read 1138 times)
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:44:23 PM

If you have a couple of hours of time left every day:
Trade!
If you are short in time:
HODL

I am short in time. So I hodl an cry 'cause of lost opportunities...
 Grin

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
sixexgames

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 07:59:47 PM

I just held what I had and didn't sell when they dropped.

PROZSA

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:25:49 PM

Same here,

In these times, holding what I have and pouring more money in to profit from the opportunity. Waiting for a nice entry point!

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:30:10 PM

What crash rather usuall pump and dump,where you see btc crash,price down 20% on btc,it is any crash

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 09:43:43 PM

I try to HODL because often what happens is you sell out too late and it really sucks to buy back more expensive later on.

When people are panicking is usually the best time to buy more and I know its hard not to panic yourself too which is why I just turn off blockfolio and bittrex/poloniex whenever I feel like I'm starting to panic myself.

Very wise words sir!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
solarrobot

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:51:28 PM

All the buzz about crypto lately has been about how it's going to crash and burn and how it's going to take people like us down with it.  How do you guys deal with the naysayers?

Deal with naysayers? Why do you need to deal with them. People will naysay. I've been telling all my friends to buy bitcoin since 2011, only one of them did finally 2 years ago, and finally a few more after the most recent correction. 

Just gotta tell people it's a long term game. Price might go down, but it rarely goes below previous highs before the last pump.  If you spend time researching and reading articles (pick good sources) it will be obvious that there is a huge range of interest corporate and individual in cryptocurrencies. It's never been more clear that crypto is here to stay, and i've always believed in it.

BTW, maybe we will go below $2000 again for a bit, but I think crypto is actually just climbing a little hill before a mountain within the year.  There are sooo many projects in beta and soon to be released, the ecosystem has more connections than ever before and growing rapidly.  People always say it's gonna crash.
scorge

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:02:42 PM

All the buzz about crypto lately has been about how it's going to crash and burn and how it's going to take people like us down with it.  How do you guys deal with the naysayers?
In this recent btc crash, i cut loss a bit from my altcoins holding and selling btc at the highest point. Why sell? Because i know for sure that the price will go down that time, thats why i cut loss some of my alt and from this strategy i make some profit by riding this uncertainty wave with smart strategy.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:03:12 PM

The only way was USDT during the fall. But my portfolio was full of altcoins. After the loss now I am trying to catch the coins which are decreased more than the others like sys, amp or golem. This strategy worked well for me because  I bought some sys and golem nearly at the bottom. I sold my golem with profit but I am still keeping sys. My portfolio is better now.
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:22:53 PM

If you are not ready to develop thick skin for things like this I have a reason that you should be somewhere else other than crypto because here there is no notification rather is there any form of historical basis in analysing what the direction of price is going to be. The moment those situations feels normal I am not bothered on riding out, I just ride with the tide because I am sure the tide will recover and everything  will be fine once again.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:46:11 PM

When i see the crash i was already near to panic selling but its too late do i still dont sell it it is really stressful watching your money or your coin getting dump in the market and i guess its already in a half of its main price so my money was lose almost 50percent if its money.

In my modest opinion i think that people with the coolest heads are the most successful in crypto markets as well as in share  markets.

Recently I experienced the same unpleasant feeling of watching my investment decrease in value.
I decided not to panic and hold, there is no reason that I will not get my money back in long term, And there is one very good argument, sort of argument- the past behaviour of market.

In this recent trade i did make a mistake by trying to ride the wave, i was too late.

Have you experienced a trade when the investment have not bounced back to level of your buy price?

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
jameshowlett

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:47:41 PM

I hold my coin. Well, I believe that everything will be alright after all. bitcoin needs more time to rest and to fix itself then it will lead the whole cryptocurrency market go up. Everything will be green again. Moreover, I have made quite a lot from altcoin so that this small dump does not affect me veryr much

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: