Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hackers steal $32 Million Worth of Ethereum From 3 Multisig Wallets  (Read 3246 times)
savon2k

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

giants may cry too

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:41:33 PM

Nearly 153,000 units of cryptocurrency Ethereum worth about $32 million was stolen from three of the largest Ether’s multisig wallets that seem to have been hacked today, rattling the global cryptocurrencies community in one of the biggest security breach ever of the rival of Bitcoin.

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/hacker-stoles-32-million-worth-ethereum-3-multisig-wallets/

Uh Oh  Shocked Shocked

And all the company wallets that eth was stolen had the infinity sign in their logos... ILluminati !!😅

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:52:28 PM

"Bitcoin Rival" ? ohhh please you are making my stomach hurt from laughing so hard NOOBS  Cheesy

This is my new favorite topic.. as they say at McDonalds Wink

Bring on the..

FUD first & ask questions later™
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:04:44 AM

Time to migrate into Waves platform for your scam ICOs then, hehuhuhuhu, at least Waves is much safer.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 06:48:36 AM

Well that's definitely the nail that nailed it should coffin shut. People have stolen before but they're still on something of value just to steal this is just a joke. I like how the people call it multi-million dollars worth of but really it's just eth so it's nothing. It has been now few times ETH and ETH tokens are being stolen and i wonder if we should still trust the ETH.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:54:41 AM

That sucks, I know a friend lost 147 ETH from the Parity hacks Sad

Did they promise a refund or something?
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:39:46 PM

What is the preferred Multsig wallet for ethereum?
Jerfer

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:01:10 PM

Wait, is this why ethereum is forking, because someone hacked 32mil?? Or is there some other underlying reason? Or is there even a hardfork at all, all I have heard is rumors.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
jerkoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:18:06 AM

I have no idea why would this happen to Ethereum after a few had occurred to DAO and a few others. After all, what's the essence of their smart contracts and I'm afraid how the proposed Waves smart contract would be implemented in a way that'd be more secured and impossible to hack or attack.
altseeker

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:07:31 AM

Well that's definitely the nail that nailed it should coffin shut. People have stolen before but they're still on something of value just to steal this is just a joke. I like how the people call it multi-million dollars worth of but really it's just eth so it's nothing. It has been now few times ETH and ETH tokens are being stolen and i wonder if we should still trust the ETH.

I wonder why too. Ethereum has been hacked so many times while millions of dollars involved, yet it remain stronger than ever and everyone going crazy for it.
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:35:29 AM

This doesn't worry me at all. It is not end of the world. I can't remember how many times bank systems were hacked by different ways and they are still getting used. Ethereum should fix its problems and its fine.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██