Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:06:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine  (Read 133887 times)
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:10:44 AM

Can we offer contracts of exchange before it's even released?

Who will agree to sell me 10000 elacoins for 10 LTC total? Cheesy

*handshake agreement*
Schwede65

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:10:52 AM

please give the sources and binaries before the start - to test this software - to make it a little bit fairer to mine it for all
The sources are already available, however, the graphics have not being changed yet, and there is no genesis block. The genesis block will be announced when the coin has officially launched. You're free to generate your own genesis block (just remove 'false ||', compile and run elacoind) and test it out.

yeah - fine - are the windows-binaries available?
chedigital

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

WOW SUCH COIN

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:11:04 AM

Thanks for the advance notice

GPG Key ID: 80307E1A
bohanz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:11:48 AM

Yeah let's get some futures going on what I assume will be denoted ELC
Milkshake (OP)

Activity: 98

Milkshake

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:12:34 AM

please give the sources and binaries before the start - to test this software - to make it a little bit fairer to mine it for all
The sources are already available, however, the graphics have not being changed yet, and there is no genesis block. The genesis block will be announced when the coin has officially launched. You're free to generate your own genesis block (just remove 'false ||', compile and run elacoind) and test it out.

yeah - fine - are the windows-binaries available?
Not yet. Elacoin is not formally released, this is just an announcement. Elacoin Windows binaries will be available and checksum'd for launch.

*handshake agreement*

That would be a very bad deal (to the person who's selling ELC Smiley)

TradeFortress has left me negative trust and has provided no proof to substantiate his claim. He has done this to discredit me as I am investigating him.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:15:42 AM

Actually a cryptocurrency that might achieve some sort of success! Grin
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:18:10 AM

*handshake agreement*

That would be a very bad deal (to the person who's selling ELC Smiley)

That's up to the seller to decide.

i.e. What is the current market value of an ELC (that hasn't even launched yet)? Smiley

If anyone wants to short ELC for litecoins, post your price here and let's see where the rate settles over the next 24 hours.
Voyager

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:18:24 AM

Thanks for the announcement. This should be interesting, I've been waiting for a coin that has a block reward based on difficulty. Hope the launch goes smoothly, it seems with the new coins, the launches are getting worse and worse, we could really use a smooth one Smiley
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:19:49 AM

This post will feature Elacoin accepting websites, pools, faucets and communities.

Guess it will stay empty.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:21:44 AM

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey ,

coins for everybody !

Faboulous idea , i cannot see why this coin will not be soon at 100USD each.

So awesome.. i will even mine some for my dog !

And the logo is soooooooo cute.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
willhash4food

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:22:03 AM

Ready for this??

Q: What's the most popular untapped resource of individuals on this forum?

A: All you emo-posters whining about new coins and how things aren't fair.

THIS IS YOUR UNOFFICIAL Elacoin SCAM ALERT

Cheers. Wink

They see me minin'... they hatin'...
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:23:52 AM

How high is the initial difficulty set? Probably any estimate you have of how high it will need to be to hit your target two minites between blocks is likely to turn out to be too low, so maybe discuss that ahead of time, it is kind of suspicious actually that you didn't even mention initial difficulty yet made vague noises about no pre-mine / early-miner type benefits (which blocks coming out much faster than the target time certainly are...)

-MarkM-
The block reward is based on the difficulty, you know. It is the same as Litecoin. Early adapters will not accumulate a mass amount of coins, as the block reward will be many factors of what they are getting during the launch.

This is why Elacoin is the most fair cryptocurrency - to everyone, the launching adapters, and to the users who come months into the cycle.

How many times do people have to do that spew of orphans before it is clear that Litecoin was already too low difficulty even years ago when it launched, before GPUs could mine Scrypt? Nowadays GPUs can do Scrypt and huge numbers of Mhashes jump each launch.

So put the difficulty reasonable so people mine actual blocks instead of 99% orphans.

Low difficulty also trashed anyone who has any latency, a 200 ping which is only 1/5 of a second is normally not a problem for miners, but when you deliberately pre-plan to squeeze block time below a second it trashes even such perfectly normal (for many people) ping times.

The blocks should average at least your target two minutes right from the start, so it can actually BE fair. Many people take more than two minute just to compile the code, then another two minutes to get running. Some take two minutes just to download the code. So that is already three blocks missed even without scumbags deliberately screwing them out of 60+ blocks per minute by deliberately using insanely low difficulty.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:25:17 AM

Thanks for the announcement. This should be interesting, I've been waiting for a coin that has a block reward based on difficulty. Hope the launch goes smoothly, it seems with the new coins, the launches are getting worse and worse, we could really use a smooth one Smiley

As I understand, the reward is proportional to the hash power? Or is it proportional to the current difficulty?
The difficulty is linearly proportional to the network hashpower, as well as luck / variance, so should be the same?
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:26:24 AM

Any kind of time-frame when this will be released?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:26:34 AM

As I understand, the reward is proportional to the hash power? Or is it proportional to the current difficulty?

Can't you read between the lines? Its the same scumbags doing the same "litecoins scammed before GPU mining was possible so we are going to scam too but 100's of times more because we have not only GPUs now but also hundreds of times as much Ghashes than litecoin had".

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
VelvetLeaf

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:26:47 AM

Yet-Another-Scrypt-Coin ?

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:27:35 AM

YASC ? Somebody make this !

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Milkshake (OP)

Milkshake

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:27:43 AM

How high is the initial difficulty set? Probably any estimate you have of how high it will need to be to hit your target two minites between blocks is likely to turn out to be too low, so maybe discuss that ahead of time, it is kind of suspicious actually that you didn't even mention initial difficulty yet made vague noises about no pre-mine / early-miner type benefits (which blocks coming out much faster than the target time certainly are...)

-MarkM-
The block reward is based on the difficulty, you know. It is the same as Litecoin. Early adapters will not accumulate a mass amount of coins, as the block reward will be many factors of what they are getting during the launch.

This is why Elacoin is the most fair cryptocurrency - to everyone, the launching adapters, and to the users who come months into the cycle.

How many times do people have to do that spew of orphans before it is clear that Litecoin was already too low difficulty even years ago when it launched, before GPUs could mine Scrypt? Nowadays GPUs can do Scrypt and huge numbers of Mhashes jump each launch.

So put the difficulty reasonable so people mine actual blocks instead of 99% orphans.

Low difficulty also trashed anyone who has any latency, a 200 ping which is only 1/5 of a second is normally not a problem for miners, but when you deliberately pre-plan to squeeze block time below a second it trashes even such perfectly normal (for many people) ping times.

The blocks should average at least your target two minutes right from the start, so it can actually BE fair. Many people take more than two minute just to compile the code, then another two minutes to get running. Some take two minutes just to download the code. So that is already three blocks missed even without scumbags deliberately screwing them out of 60+ blocks per minute by deliberately using insanely low difficulty.

-MarkM-

Hi MarkM,

Thank you for your feedback. The initial block reward is 1, which is very small compared to what it will be with a higher difficulty. While there will be a high amount of blocks produced at the start, the coins produced are very small to compensate for the low difficulty.

TradeFortress has left me negative trust and has provided no proof to substantiate his claim. He has done this to discredit me as I am investigating him.
Milkshake (OP)

Milkshake

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:28:18 AM

With something different Smiley

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:30:40 AM

-MarkM-

-MarkM-

Hi MarkM,

Thank you for your feedback. The initial block reward is 1, which is very small compared to what it will be with a higher difficulty. While there will be a high amount of blocks produced at the start, the coins produced are very small to compensate for the low difficulty.

But not for the inability of the blocks to propagate fast enough, aka the insane orphan rate. No matter how much hashing power someone has you (or your cronies or whoever) simply snap up each block long before anyone else can even receive the one you built it on.

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: