Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:37:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] - EvilMiners - Klondike k16 PCB Assembly - UK & Europe - paypal  (Read 16345 times)
evilscoop (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:32:11 PM

Domain purchased
Hosting done
Most of the shopping cart done..

Waiting on logo to be designed....
Either it will or wont be finished, either way, ill be opening up the site for deposits on monday 17 June

If anyone wishes to pay for boards in chips, or thinks they might struggle to pay for final board prices, please shout...I will not see you without your board, and have a plan in place.

Here is an early copy of the t&c's for you to look at and mull over :-
 1  You will supply your own chips.
  2 You will tell your group buy organizer to send your pledged chips to evilscoop .
  3  The final price of the miners you have bought may drop/rise due to changes in board design, and number of boards ordered (expected ~54£) .
  4  There is a batch size minimum of 100 from each group buy. If you order and there are not enough orders from your group buy, you may (if you are part of an early group buy) opt to have your chips lumped in with a batch from a later-arriving group, or you may opt to have your chips sent back, or evilscoop may offer to purchase those chips.
  5  You will be contacted via email for any other queries.
  6  All customs duties will be payed by the chip owners within the package, on a pro rata basis.
  7  Non payment of customs and or final costs, will result in evilcoop mining with your final boards.
  8  All boards will be tested for 24 hours, the profits from this will go 80% to evilscoop and 20% to BKKCoin (for developing the board)
  9  Boards will continue to be in service untill balance of final payment is cleared (persuant to point 7 above).
 10 Final price does not include shipping
 11 Customs duty and assembly will be payed for by evilscoop for entire batch, so boards will not be delayed for a single non paying customer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
souliouz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:41:15 PM

Hi,
I am struggling to get some chips to fit on those K16.
I was late for the first rounds :-(  (woke up 2 months late). And today most of the buy groups seem to have stalled (not reaching completion): 2 in Europe, 2-3 in Asia, 2-3 in US... none growing to completion.

Anyone with some chips from early batch for sale ? Even from less so early batches, but anything more likely to arrive in summer, to sync with Evilscoop's project.
I could pay extra for the chips. Even just small quantities, for few boards, would be very nice to get the fun going.
I'm in UK, and I was already thinking come up to Wakefield to see some friends in the same timeline as that project.

Any pointers welcome.

Regards,
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:35:09 PM

I suspect once boards start to appear chip sales will start again

ATM I could do with more chips too :/
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:52:54 AM

op updated
piit79

Activity: 336

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:16:39 PM

Order #3 (10 boards) placed Smiley
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:20:09 PM

Received and thx...
Congrats on being the first real person to test it.....

I will be posting numbers of board orders as we go, so ppl can see what the status is Cheesy
Ill also be posting the testing bitcoin address, so people can verify the 20% I promised to bkk
piit79

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:23:44 PM

Received and thx...
Congrats on being the first real person to test it.....
Yay! That must be the first time I was first somewhere Cheesy

I bet we will get to 100 boards within 2 days.
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:32:05 PM

Hope so, though I feel im late to the game tbh....

I have some people with their own 10k chip orders in the wings too, board runs can be over 100 boards Wink
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:45:05 PM

Proposed things to come on the site :-
Expanding to include k1 and k64 (after batch 1)
Expanding to include ArdulonMiner Shield (sample chip being sent to developer)
Expanding to include complete boards (inc chips) (when I can get a local supply)
Expanding to allow payments via chips (board price drops with chip donation) (after batch 1)

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:49:17 PM

Proposed things to come on the site :-
Expanding to include k1 and k64 (after batch 1)
Expanding to include ArdulonMiner Shield (sample chip being sent to developer)
Expanding to include complete boards (inc chips) (when I can get a local supply)
Expanding to allow payments via chips (board price drops with chip donation) (after batch 1)

Cool. What support can you offer? (repairs and whatnot)
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:58:29 PM

The boards are inspected according to ISO at the assembly plant.
Im running them 24hrs as a burn-in test....so FW etc will be done (no overclocking on test)

Replacements might be tricky first batch, by batch 2 Im hoping to have some spares/repairs (donations, my own boards etc), and ill be able to take up the replacement process with avalon, outside of customers waiting for theirs.

I will be purchasing spare chips from my own profits too...so the risk is all on batch 1 im afraid, but thats how it has to be...batch 1 will have to be best en-devours without me being out of pocket....

I do expect the odd chip here n there to be defective, in batch 1, ill either have to reduce the price of final board to compensate and remove that chip, or discuss with boards owner....

Im here to play fair Cheesy

Repair after they leave me, we can discuss if you wish...
I may offer re flashing service, I may offer strip the chips service....unsure atm
KS

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:07:29 PM

The boards are inspected according to ISO at the assembly plant.
Im running them 24hrs as a burn-in test....so FW etc will be done (no overclocking on test)

Replacements might be tricky first batch, by batch 2 Im hoping to have some spares/repairs (donations, my own boards etc), and ill be able to take up the replacement process with avalon, outside of customers waiting for theirs.

I will be purchasing spare chips from my own profits too...so the risk is all on batch 1 im afraid, but thats how it has to be...batch 1 will have to be best en-devours without me being out of pocket....

I do expect the odd chip here n there to be defective, in batch 1, ill either have to reduce the price of final board to compensate and remove that chip, or discuss with boards owner....

Im here to play fair Cheesy

Repair after they leave me, we can discuss if you wish...
I may offer re flashing service, I may offer strip the chips service....unsure atm

I would hope they're working when you send them out! Grin

But you know how stuff has a tendency to fail. So yes, are you planning some sort of "warranty" or at least a repair service for dead/defective boards (even not from your "factory")?

Everyone is very concerned about sending stuff out, but if the boards fail, there'll be pitchforks and things Grin
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:18:36 PM

indeed...

Without putting myself in a hole, as im not forming a company around this atm, ill make every effort to ensure boards are working for at least 30days, baring neglect or human error....

After that, I will of course help with firmware, board reworking etc etc as needed....

This is of course intended more for the home market....larger customers im in contact with have some other concerns ive had to address, inc personal delivery of items etc....

If your planing 50+ boards yourself, please contact me via pm to discuss
piit79

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:22:31 PM

I think nobody can expect a full 12 month retail warranty; this is a community DIY effort after all.

Just be sure to specify this explicitly in the T&C's to avoid any problems/misunderstanding in the future.
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:27:59 PM

aye..
I have a few changes to make to the site tbh from some other feedback...

Some have said they fail to understand the "chip tip" and some seem to think the board is only 6£ complete......
KS

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:41:41 PM

indeed...

Without putting myself in a hole, as im not forming a company around this atm, ill make every effort to ensure boards are working for at least 30days, baring neglect or human error....

After that, I will of course help with firmware, board reworking etc etc as needed....

This is of course intended more for the home market....larger customers im in contact with have some other concerns ive had to address, inc personal delivery of items etc....

If your planing 50+ boards yourself, please contact me via pm to discuss
I think 30 days is about... 30 days more than everyone else! (I could be wrong  Tongue )

But, if you can offer repairs, that's sth I haven't seen elsewhere and could be a good side business (cash/PP or BTC testing for 24H, or both). I'm worried we'll have tons of miners that can't be fixed if (rather when) they break. That would be a bummer.
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:59:50 PM

ahhh ic.

Ill gladly replace the chips on my or others peoples produced boards that are built.
I have reflow rework at home for small things, so thats no biggy Cheesy
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:03:49 PM

working on site logo, excuse the placement etc atm

edit - complete...

thx to rammy for the logo
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:31:49 PM

What will be the thickness of these with the heatsinks attached?
evilscoop (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:02:41 PM

heatsinks are 35mm

So Id say around 40-45mm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: