Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 02:41:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Baikal A2000 Giant+  (Read 5058 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:14:45 PM

Its simple, they need to design new chips on a different process, well not simple, expensive and time consuming, they cant just keep throwing more of the same chips into the same amount of space , or slightly larger without having limitations on speed and price and storage space. So im not surprised they cant compete on price. If they have a new chip in the works then it wont be released in a new miner until they sell all of their old inventory. They better do that fast before people get wise.

They'll still have a market for their cube miners, due to the low entry price and efficiency allowing them to be profitable for some time yet, AND they do mine those other algos with no other ASIC competition.

I suspect they are going to have to drop pricing a TON on the Giant, and drop the Cube price quite a bit though, once the D3 and A5 start actually shipping.

By the time the D3 starts shipping, *ASSUMING* that DASH price doesn't drop in the meantime, they're going to be faceing a higher diff that's going to skyrocket fast.
 I don't see the D3 achieving ROI in 10 days - especially if the A5 ships "on time".

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:34:22 PM

We will see what will happen when the other ASIC device manufacturer release their X11 miner. Please dont think Baikal miners only for X11. It mines on different algos.

Some Examples:

Digibyte on Qubit
Geocoin on Qubit
Quark on Quark
MonetaryUnit on Quark (now on X11)

Everyone remember Digibyte pump ?  or MUE pump ?

You are right, but i have some other asics who can mine these coin too so i guess Baikal seriously needs to lower the price or unleash something else.
But the best unit i like is iBelink because they are shipping faster than anyone, plus they have modular approach, like if they release another unit they will simply send me DIY modules to upgrade my iBeLink

pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:55:49 PM

This will be an endless battle, everyone will always justify their purchase, it's human nature. Just let people buy what they want to buy and be happy for them. Either if it's Baikal or iBelink or any other miner.

So great job on getting the new Baikal Giant+ igotek. And great job on your upcoming iBelink bitcoinexplorer. Lets we all make money.
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:06:53 PM

This will be an endless battle, everyone will always justify their purchase, it's human nature. Just let people buy what they want to buy and be happy for them. Either if it's Baikal or iBelink or any other miner.

So great job on getting the new Baikal Giant+ igotek. And great job on your upcoming iBelink bitcoinexplorer. Lets we all make money.

Lets hope for the best, and remember any product purchase is always with regards to VALUE FOR MONEY and its a human nature.
baskanx

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:27:31 PM

İgotek bu hayranlığının karşılığı yakında baikalda çalışmaya başlarsın
sil2222

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:22:03 AM

Sorry Baikal 2000 mhs for 7k is just not going to ROI at this point . hashing at 2000 mhs now and have been watching my returns go lower and lower and lower. So my advise to anyone considering a Giant A+ 2000 mhs at 7k is just dont do it. Right now at 2000 mhs making only $29.00 per day meaning it will take 250 days to ROI, but this is now b4 Ibelink 10.8 ghs hits in 8/10 and b4 bitmain and innosilicon also push out 15 ghs and 30 ghs per miner. So where is predicted ROI for 2000 mhs ? Its not a good future for these under powered miners unless you start mining other alt coins. For hobby its ok for 7 k its no way ok. Baikal next time dont hoard miners and sell to all customers not just your vendors this has turned badly for Baikal.
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:00:51 AM

i can't get my head around how fast things move in the asic market. a new asic comes out and bang almost straight away it's not profitable anymore. crazy. then someone else releases a much more powerful version and the same thing happens. will this not kill mining in the long run?
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:27:56 AM

i think you're a baikal employee.  Grin you almost open half of all the baikal topics in the forum. do they pay you for it?
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:26:15 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 07:40:01 PM by mprep

Sorry Baikal 2000 mhs for 7k is just not going to ROI at this point . hashing at 2000 mhs now and have been watching my returns go lower and lower and lower. So my advise to anyone considering a Giant A+ 2000 mhs at 7k is just dont do it. Right now at 2000 mhs making only $29.00 per day meaning it will take 250 days to ROI, but this is now b4 Ibelink 10.8 ghs hits in 8/10 and b4 bitmain and innosilicon also push out 15 ghs and 30 ghs per miner. So where is predicted ROI for 2000 mhs ? Its not a good future for these under powered miners unless you start mining other alt coins. For hobby its ok for 7 k its no way ok. Baikal next time dont hoard miners and sell to all customers not just your vendors this has turned badly for Baikal.

Even at current diff. it'll take more than a year to pay the thing off, all the while the diff. is rising and ROI gets longer and longer.  Not worth the money.

i can't get my head around how fast things move in the asic market. a new asic comes out and bang almost straight away it's not profitable anymore. crazy. then someone else releases a much more powerful version and the same thing happens. will this not kill mining in the long run?

The same thing happened to bitcoin.  It pushes hobbyists out of the marketplace for mining, but doesn't kill mining itself because there's still profit to be made in large farm mining.
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:08:12 PM

I understand, but small miners united can make difference.
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:46:46 PM

Are they seriously asking for 7k? for 2Gh/s? If thats the case Baikals greed knows no bound...
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:06:55 PM

Are they seriously asking for 7k? for 2Gh/s? If thats the case Baikals greed knows no bound...

Yes they are, where in the worth is no more than $1000 to $1500 or at max $2000
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:31:34 PM

It is strange that i got below notification that my post was removed for just entering "Agreed", moreover when i try to reply the message sender i was told that 'your message is blocked and i cannot send them message'

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Sorry Baikal 2000 mhs for 7k is just not going to ROI at this point . hashing at 2000 mhs now and have been watching my returns go lower and lower and lower. So my advise to anyone considering a Giant A+ 2000 mhs at 7k is just dont do it. Right now at 2000 mhs making only $29.00 per day meaning it will take 250 days to ROI, but this is now b4 Ibelink 10.8 ghs hits in 8/10 and b4 bitmain and innosilicon also push out 15 ghs and 30 ghs per miner. So where is predicted ROI for 2000 mhs ? Its not a good future for these under powered miners unless you start mining other alt coins. For hobby its ok for 7 k its no way ok.

agreed

Why is my posted removed why i just agreed to another members analysis ?
Thats strange to see that vendors like Baikal are having influence over bitcointalk.org legandary forum?

bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:43:47 PM

wow..........does baikal really influence bitcointalk. Now my messages are getting deleted for what reason or what pretext or it it for a neutral anlylsis i gave which baikal don't like?

Atleast justify it to the community

ou have just been sent a personal message by Bitcoin Forum on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

[mod note: post merged with the first one]
Quote from: TenaciousJ on Today at 01:59:29 AM
Quote from: sil2222 on Today at 01:49:48 AM
This is a shit show. Innosilicon is keeping sale open for days at least until 7/25/ so im sure they will be assembling units after sale is done. How many units will they be shipping in batch 1 ? Never seen a pre order that is kept open for days like this. Price is so high with unlimited availability until 7/25 ? Can they keep this on schedule for October delivery if they cant and shipping is delayed Ibelink and Bitmain will already be raising difficulty on network by the time Innosilicon start shipping. Also what if Biakal or Pineda announce something bigger lets say 45-60 ghs

Murphy's law. If anything can go wrong, it will

My fears exactly.  I really want to order these, but it's hard to pull the trigger on something so expensive with a 2 month pre-order wait period (at least) without a definite shipping date to look forward to.  The 'give us your money, now get in line and like it' mentality of these ASIC companies is irritating.

i agree, pre-orders should have a shipping date of no more than 15 days at maximum.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:19:38 AM

Do you think D3 will be reliable as its first batch and probably they are working on a prototype now (as no photo was released and just l3 photo was placed)
Nobody knows, Bitmain has very high variance in terms of batch reliability so it may be true that the first batch is unreliable and they tweak it throughout later batches. Seems like they are in early stages of development atm with the L3 photos but they may use the same chassis for the miner. Fingers crossed they didn't rush development and they've just now decided to shoot the gun.

I suspect the D3 first batch or two will have issues. I've also not been impressed with ANYTHING Bitmain has done since the S5 on a longevity standpoint.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:25:27 AM

HI everyone.

We are sorry for didn't come to clarify our new process for purchasing before, just too busy recently.

Current ordering process: (actually is very easy)
- Any questions regarding shipment, payment, operation question and pcice, we will offer response through our Skype.
- Final quotation, payment details will be provided through official email(baikal@baikalminer.com)
So just shoot your questions to our skype first.

Why we use Skype for communicating:
We admit we don't have many market skill..but we are trying. Considering of previous sale on Cube/quad-cube, too many customers fail to order due to our delayed reply, we are sorry for that. So this time, we deceided to move our customers who have quetsions need to check before ordering to our skype, so for a fast and timely communication. make sure each customer will get a fast answer.
Why we use Email quoting:
Gathered all feedbacks about security issue. we deceide to use official email for final quotation. So, just make sure the final quotation you get is from our official email, then you are in safe and right road. this is all for the security of customers payment.

We are still young in this industry, but we are learning and sure will be better in the future.

I will also make response on the OVERPRICED COMMENTS outside here:
1) we have been always selling goods in stock, this can ensure all of you a SAFE and ACCURATE shipment date. Future goods and spot goods have big difference.
2) people might now just take our X11 algorithm as standard to compare. X11 is just one of our six algorithms. offer some of your attention to other algorithms, you may find a same or even better profit.

@igotek
Thanks very much for your reviews and your comments on us. Smiley Smiley Smiley
May I ask could you do me a favor if you can pasted my statement of process steps to your original post. that helps more people to see Cheesy Cheesy

Other miner companies allow you to order completely on the website. Your process is NOT easy.

Also, many folks don't have Skype, and I suspect I'm not the only one that isn't even sure what Skype is supposed to be.
 Quotes via email is a large part of the ISSUE with your company, along with the LONG DELAYS caused by having any part of the order process be via email.

I'd recommend taking a good hard look at sites like Bitmain and Newegg for online ordering done right.

You do need to adjust your pricing a LOT, now that you have competition again - unless you want your miner to stop selling except perhaps to the VERY SMALL number of non-X11 miners it supports.
 Keep in mind what happened to SFARDS and their "dual-miner" - wasn't very competative even when it shipped vs. Bitmain on SHA256, and the cost was way too high for it to sell based on it's Scrypt capabilities.

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:31:01 AM

We will see what will happen when the other ASIC device manufacturer release their X11 miner. Please dont think Baikal miners only for X11. It mines on different algos.

Some Examples:

Digibyte on Qubit
Geocoin on Qubit
Quark on Quark
MonetaryUnit on Quark (now on X11)

Everyone remember Digibyte pump ?  or MUE pump ?

Never heard OF MUE before your post.

DGB even when it was pumped couldn't asorb a lot of hashrate - my small *5 total units one an 88 Mhs* A2 farm at one point was 1% of the TOTAL NETWORK HASHRATE for DGB-Scrypt and I managed almost 2% for a few hours at one point on the Groetsl option with PART of my GPU farm - and I'm NOT running a big farm.

It will take a while for the Baikal to drop enough on X11 profitability that they'll get driven elsewhere, but the profitability of the other algos they mine are going to drop FAST when they do start having to find new homes as NONE of them have a large total hashrate due to how small the coins on them are.

igotek (OP)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 02:07:49 AM

i think you're a baikal employee.  Grin you almost open half of all the baikal topics in the forum. do they pay you for it?

Of course, I paid for the miners. I have proof.

I m not a Baikal employee. I live in Turkey. Check my posts. I also have 5 GPU rigs with 21 GPUs. And I have used bitmain S7 and S9 miners before.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:23:29 AM

Of course, I paid for the miners. I have proof.

I m not a Baikal employee. I live in Turkey. Check my posts. I also have 5 GPU rigs with 21 GPUs. And I have used bitmain S7 and S9 miners before.

Baikal should either increase the Megahash capacity to 30 GHs or reduce the price to $1000 so the miners can buy its stock immediately.
6 x Baikal @ 2000 Mhs = 12000 Mhs
Price x 6 Baikals $6000

If they ship immediately its  a good deal for the miners and for them.
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:38:41 AM

HI everyone.

We are sorry for didn't come to clarify our new process for purchasing before, just too busy recently.

Current ordering process: (actually is very easy)
- Any questions regarding shipment, payment, operation question and pcice, we will offer response through our Skype.
- Final quotation, payment details will be provided through official email(baikal@baikalminer.com)
So just shoot your questions to our skype first.

Why we use Skype for communicating:
We admit we don't have many market skill..but we are trying. Considering of previous sale on Cube/quad-cube, too many customers fail to order due to our delayed reply, we are sorry for that. So this time, we deceided to move our customers who have quetsions need to check before ordering to our skype, so for a fast and timely communication. make sure each customer will get a fast answer.
Why we use Email quoting:
Gathered all feedbacks about security issue. we deceide to use official email for final quotation. So, just make sure the final quotation you get is from our official email, then you are in safe and right road. this is all for the security of customers payment.

We are still young in this industry, but we are learning and sure will be better in the future.

I will also make response on the OVERPRICED COMMENTS outside here:
1) we have been always selling goods in stock, this can ensure all of you a SAFE and ACCURATE shipment date. Future goods and spot goods have big difference.
2) people might now just take our X11 algorithm as standard to compare. X11 is just one of our six algorithms. offer some of your attention to other algorithms, you may find a same or even better profit.

@igotek
Thanks very much for your reviews and your comments on us. Smiley Smiley Smiley
May I ask could you do me a favor if you can pasted my statement of process steps to your original post. that helps more people to see Cheesy Cheesy

Other miner companies allow you to order completely on the website. Your process is NOT easy.

Also, many folks don't have Skype, and I suspect I'm not the only one that isn't even sure what Skype is supposed to be.
 Quotes via email is a large part of the ISSUE with your company, along with the LONG DELAYS caused by having any part of the order process be via email.

I'd recommend taking a good hard look at sites like Bitmain and Newegg for online ordering done right.

You do need to adjust your pricing a LOT, now that you have competition again - unless you want your miner to stop selling except perhaps to the VERY SMALL number of non-X11 miners it supports.
 Keep in mind what happened to SFARDS and their "dual-miner" - wasn't very competative even when it shipped vs. Bitmain on SHA256, and the cost was way too high for it to sell based on it's Scrypt capabilities.

Agreed. If a company can't tell me a straight forward price that they're charging for their devices, I don't want one. Period.  Put it on your website in black and white, and let the market decide whether your device is worth the asking price.  Trying to do individual pricing in a tech marketplace is a quick way to destroy a business's reputation.  It smells like the company knows the price is too high, and wants to engage in used car sales tactics to pressure folks into buying one.  Hence, the Skype requirement. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: