Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:24:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Harper advisor calls for assassination of Wikileaks director  (Read 1979 times)
The Madhatter (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 01:46:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqtIafdoH_g

Thanks, Cana-DUH!  Angry
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 01:50:33 AM

A government directed assassination of the wikileaks director will be in even deeper shit than wikileak that it is not even funny.

Immanuel

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 01:53:15 AM

If only they had some dirt on Canada...

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
RHorning

Activity: 224
Merit: 141

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 08:50:53 PM

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I guess oaths are meaningless now and in this case the last person to take this particular oath never really intended to actually read the document that he was supposed to "perserve, protect, and defend".  I suppose he thought that as long as the National Archives building was covered with federal agents, that as long as nobody was physically stealing the actual document, that his oath was fulfilled.

I don't understand why people like Tom Flanagan aren't just ripped apart by those who supposedly claim to follow philosophies as outlined in the document that I'm quoting here.  Similar principles supposedly also apply in most other countries of the world, but apparently it doesn't apply to Julian Assange or anybody working with Wikileaks.  That "no law" may be made is a pretty bold statement.  It can't be regulated or have legally defined limits.

A government directed assassination of the wikileaks director will be in even deeper shit than wikileak that it is not even funny.

I can only hope that those in this world are starting to wake up and just see how corrupt these government officials are that talk about doing all kinds of things to Wikileaks and trying to "make a law" that will stop a group like Wikileaks from being able to do what they are doing.

This whole thing just disgusts me altogether.

The best thing that the governments of this world could have and should have done is to ignore Wikileaks as an organization.  If asked by the press, the response should have been "Who?  Never heard of them." and left it at that.  "Talked about in the news media?  I don't watch those shows, sorry.
Anonymous

December 03, 2010, 12:00:23 PM

I fear what will happen if they give him two to the head.

Its not going to be pleasant.
Anonymous

December 03, 2010, 12:02:52 PM

If only they had some dirt on Canada...

I think they did.  Wink
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2010, 08:27:55 PM

So Flanagan expressed regret over his remarks (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/ex-harper-adviser-regrets-glib-call-for-retaliatory-wikileaks-assassination/article1820612/comments/), finally.

But now Assange is saying Flanagan should be charged for incitement to commit murder.

So now is Assange against Flanagan exercising free speech?  What is the libertarian doctrine on this question?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 11:38:59 PM

So Flanagan expressed regret over his remarks (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/ex-harper-adviser-regrets-glib-call-for-retaliatory-wikileaks-assassination/article1820612/comments/), finally.

But now Assange is saying Flanagan should be charged for incitement to commit murder.

So now is Assange against Flanagan exercising free speech?  What is the libertarian doctrine on this question?

Maybe Assange was just doing Flanagan the favor of applying Flanagan's own moral standard to Flanagan? Seems fair, I'm sure all Assange would want in return is for Assange's own standard to be applied to Assange.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 11:39:43 PM

Is anyone in the US able to go directly to wikileaks.org right now?

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 03, 2010, 11:41:40 PM

http://213.251.145.96/

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 11:48:55 PM

Thanks, I had a way to get there. More curious about the mechanics of what is going on. A domain name be blocked in one country and not another, right? Is it being blocked in the US, everywhere?

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
December 03, 2010, 11:59:04 PM

Thanks, I had a way to get there. More curious about the mechanics of what is going on. A domain name be blocked in one country and not another, right? Is it being blocked in the US, everywhere?

The Wikileaks DNS server is not responding. It is not being blocked in any one location. Some people may still see it resolve due to DNS caching.

EveryDNS.net provided domain name system (DNS) services to the wikileaks.org domain name until 10PM EST, December 2, 2010, when such services were terminated. As with other users of the EveryDNS.net network, this service was provided for free. The termination of services was effected pursuant to, and in accordance with, the EveryDNS.net Acceptable Use Policy.

More specifically, the services were terminated for violation of the provision which states that "Member shall not interfere with another Member's use and enjoyment of the Service or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services." The interference at issues arises from the fact that wikileaks.org has become the target of multiple distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks. These attacks have, and future attacks would, threaten the stability of the EveryDNS.net infrastructure, which enables access to almost 500,000 other websites.

Thus, last night, at approximately 10PM EST, December 1, 2010 a 24 hour termination notification email was sent to the email address associated with the wikileaks.org account. In addition to this email, notices were sent to Wikileaks via Twitter and the chat function available through the wikileaks.org website. Any downtime of the wikileaks.org website has resulted from its failure to use another hosted DNS service provider.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Anonymous

December 04, 2010, 12:05:35 AM

They are now using the domain wikileaks.ch

Apparently a lot of people are buying joke domains such as wikileeks.co.uk and pointing them to their ip address .

Gotta love the web.

Smiley

I cant wait till the new .p2p dns system rolls out and it dawns on the control freaks that maybe they shouldnt have poked the bear.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2010, 01:05:13 AM

Apparently a lot of people are buying joke domains such as wikileeks.co.uk and pointing them to their ip address .

Gotta love the web.

Smiley

I cant wait till the new .p2p dns system rolls out and it dawns on the control freaks that maybe they shouldnt have poked the bear.

It'll be great. I'd love to watch the tech advisors trying to explain why sites can't be shutdown anymore even though some law was passed saying they can be, lol.

tyler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2010, 01:16:29 AM

Gotta love the web.

Smiley

It'll be great. I'd love to watch the tech advisors trying to explain why sites can't be shutdown anymore even though some law was passed saying they can be, lol.

Indeed!
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2010, 11:02:45 PM

But I thought jazz pianist Tom Flanagan died in 2001?  This would be a Giant Step, no?   Tongue

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: