Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:23:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your biggest regrets in cryptocurrency?  (Read 20144 times)
pavelna07

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:21:12 AM

My biggest regret is selling 80% of ETH for 40 USD/ETH- (Short term speculation), since than I changed my mindset towards crypto towards long term goals and have to admit it is more enjoyable. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinfoundry

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Miningcore

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 07:27:01 AM

Ordered several ASIC miners from Butterfly Labs (scam) in 2013. The miners of course never shipped because they let them mine for themselves. Luckily got my money back. Swore to myself to never touch crypto again  Angry

Miningcore.pro - Stress-Free, Reliable Crypto Mining. Period.
sprinkles

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:33:40 PM

I think that if you are eligible and haven't already signed up for the DeepOnion airdrop then it will be getting added to your list of regrets.
Click the links below to apply.  Wink

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MetaSk

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:34:37 PM

I think that if you are eligible and haven't already signed up for the DeepOnion airdrop then it will be getting added to your list of regrets.
Click the links below to apply.  Wink

Hopefully I'll hit Jr. Member rank soon!
ramyon

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:12:57 PM

Most traders today are people who have used cryptocurrency from the start, miners, programmers and people who understand more about technology than the business or the marketplace. Because they are more focused on the crypto community and technological innovations that make this coin-coin even more popular, and my regret playing in cryptocurency is a lot of loss maybe because I'm not yet proficient
jerkoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:55:00 AM

If you had invested heavily in Bitcoin then, the project might not be as successful as it is today. And would you kindly be honest if you saw a great potential in Bitcoin during this period of $5? Could you please tell us if you were among the folks who claimed Bitcoin was SCAM then. I regret is only what we're hearing from people but they never told us how they view these tokens years back. Sad!
MetaSk

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:42:51 AM

My biggest regret would be thinking that 1 btc a month is not worth it - found out about it basically few days after it was released....
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:24:37 AM

My biggest regrets in cryptocurrency, some day ago, my boss told me buy MCO coin.as soon as possible,but i buy some and 3 day later i sell this.But now MCO price are so increasing.My bad luck,i didn't caught it.
billygates

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:59:51 AM

But these are not regrets. None of you are repentant about not being Bitcoin millionaires. Use that as your yard stick going forward. It's the black swan.

This is going to sound super cheesy, but It reminds me of a line from the book and film World War Z:

"After almost allowing the Arabs to finish what Hitler started, we realized that not only was that mirror image necessary, but it must forever be our national policy. From 1973 onward, if nine intelligence analysts came to the same conclusion, it was the duty of the tenth to disagree. No matter how unlikely or far-fetched a possibility might be, one must always dig deeper. (2.6.Cool"

When you blew off Bitcoin at $5 it's because you agreed with the status quo, as did everyone. I don't think anyone (perhaps a tiny percentage) truly purchased Bitcoin and held onto it for 7+ years because they thought it was going to be worth X. Maybe after 4 years, or 5.

The lesson is to be the 10th man, dig deeper and keep yourself open to the possibility.

It's early days yet.

and I fucked up and sold out on MCO at $12....yipppiiie
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:33:09 AM

Biggest regret is selling, no matter what coin it seems that selling more often than not is a mistake.  It is a learning curve not to adhere to panic and fear and sell your coins, it's a wiser move to hold on to at least a % of them.
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:51:10 AM

Biggest regret is selling NEM so soon
Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:22:03 PM

Well I didn't know for BTC till 1 year ago, so I can't regret that much. I would regret if I knew for it till beggining and didn't invested. Latest regret is that I didn't buy Monero 20 days ago. I would have now 2.5 x more. Smiley

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
GlobalProtection

Activity: 552
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:09:04 PM

My biggest regret is that I was not the best friend of Satoshi Nakamoto during 2000 to 2010.

Grin

But my biggest practical regret is downloading a Monero light wallet some months back because it was advertised on crypto compare, sending Monero to it, and then finding out it was no longer supported.

I am still without a Monero wallet and hoping someone can help me access a monero wallet that does not require me to download the whole monero block chain on my computer.

Thanks

If both the legal big tech criminals and legal government criminals can see your data, so can the illegal criminals.  Swiss based online privacy and data protection is the solution.

Use coupon code:  "Digital Swiss Safe" to obtain 10% off of the Swiss Crypto Safe price here > https://www.securesafe.com/en/faq/
KenM

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:16:51 PM

Waiting until 2016 to get involved and panic selling ETH at $9.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:23:22 PM

I guess I regret not researching about bitcoin the first time I have heard of it because back then the price was too low you can buy a lot of it and become a millionaire now just like the stories that I had read. But nothing is too late we can always find a way.
brokk

Activity: 375
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:42:40 PM

Buying over 2k worth of LTC when it was at an all time high a few years ago believing what everyone was saying at that time that it would go $100+ only to find out that the very next day the value would drop 50% and will never go up again in years, it was the dumbest decision ever.
viking02

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:51:40 AM

How many ppl out there would you say would have made at least 6 figures minimum if they held on to their coins a while back as oppose to selling them for profit?  For example, i assume there were lot of ppl that might have at least 100 bitcoin or even 1000 bitcoins and say bought them at at 1 dollar each.  Then sold them when it was 10 dollars to make 9k profit?  But if they kept those 1000 bitcoin now, they have over 4.5 million dollars? 

But what about those altcoins?  Surely lot of ppl could have gotten say a lot of these coins when they are 25 cents or even less?  Then sold it off when it got to be 2.5 or so when they 10x their money.  But if they kept those coins... they would have like at least 1/2 a million dollars now?  I mean i cant believe the price of ETH, Litecoin, monero and all these others coins.  If someone invested say 10000 usd... they would have made a ton of money.  So i assume those ppl who sold their coins for profit... they would have a lot of money now if they didnt?

The other thing is this. People say you could hold or trade.  But if you trade, even if you sell the coin for profit.  If it goes higher later on... then you miss out on that etc.  In the end, there is really no final or end price for a coin right?  Obviously you want to get rid of a coin when its at the highest... then if it falls really low, that is great for you the seller.  But how many coins are there where the price increased a lot... then it went back down and never recovered?  Like are there any coins that say went up to as high as 25 dollars or even 10 dollars... only to go all the way down to 25 cents or less?  Im sure there are but does anyone know what coins these are? 

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:07:33 AM

I lost a few hundred thousand on a bad XRP short back when it was less than a cent. I also a lot of xrp at 2.5 cents. Missed out on a lot of profit. There has also been a few coins I was suggested to buy but didn't now they are sky high.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 650

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:12:14 AM

Biggest regret is selling, no matter what coin it seems that selling more often than not is a mistake.  It is a learning curve not to adhere to panic and fear and sell your coins, it's a wiser move to hold on to at least a % of them.
But still there are panic selling which we can say that it does really help us specially when the coin tends to dump for a long period of time.I have experience such thing when my holdings i got a profit and did sell on the right point which the price is on its peak and i can say panicing would somehow have an advantage but not all the times. Hodling your coins is really ideal specially when you do believe that the coin has potential for long term runs.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:30:51 AM

Buying over 2k worth of LTC when it was at an all time high a few years ago believing what everyone was saying at that time that it would go $100+ only to find out that the very next day the value would drop 50% and will never go up again in years, it was the dumbest decision ever.

Ltc had a great run few years back where it was the best coin but after ETH coming up it has taken the market share as people had invested in this coin . This lTC was never able to recover and does not seems to be in future . Now zcash , Monero , Ripple etc are performing well and giving some good returns so you can switch to this or some other good altcoins .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: