Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't invest in ICOs without working products.  (Read 3254 times)
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:09:49 AM

I agree, investing in ICOs with working products is the best thing to do but there could be great futuristic ICOs too. The problem is identifying ones with  consistent and serious developers.
Thanks for this tips
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:23:02 AM

I agree, investing in ICOs with working products is the best thing to do but there could be great futuristic ICOs too. The problem is identifying ones with  consistent and serious developers.
Thanks for this tips

I do agree with you, even a working products is not enough, a developer needs to keep updating and upgrading their products and services but most of the successful developers now have turned to celebrities
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:45:57 AM

I m seeing lots of ICO in bitcointalk in recent time i was actually trading in bittrex .I was searching for ICO eventually i end upto bitcoin talk Based on my understanding in some months out of most of the ICO Betting and dice and gambling related ICO really giving good profit.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
wantangcfftc020

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:57:05 AM

how to define the product?

is service a product?

I think the product can be a service or a solid object that can be valuable and paid by the users. I complete agree with the opinion, without a product, it is much more likely to be a scam.

⦁⚫⦁
     ▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊ Trustless Ledger System ▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊
  S H A R P E  C A P I T A L

▄▀▀▄
                 ▀▄▄▀
                 █
      ▄▀▀▄      █
      ▀▄▄▀     █
      █  █    █
     █    █  █
    █     ▄▀▀▄
   █      ▀▄▄▀
▄▀▀▄    
▀▄▄▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Investing with AI & Machine Learning
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ⦁⚫⦁ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  read our Whitepaper ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Bitcointalk Twitter Telegram  Slack
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⦁⚫⦁
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 06:17:45 AM

I agree with you here as well.  However, it isn't binary.

There are a lot of instances where it makes sense pending:
  • A prototype
  • Team and experience
  • Traction
  • Idea
  • Whitepaper
  • Terms

Reputation matters. If you have a team with a track record, then you have something to go with if the idea and underlying tech makes sense, i.e. they have a whitepaper that measures up.

Ethereum didn't have a prototype, but it was a good investment.

Grant Hero

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 07:39:47 AM

Great point.  I forgot to add that to my list.

lambofan

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:20:41 PM

I agree, investing in ICOs with working products is the best thing to do but there could be great futuristic ICOs too. The problem is identifying ones with  consistent and serious developers.
Thanks for this tips

I do agree with you, even a working products is not enough, a developer needs to keep updating and upgrading their products and services but most of the successful developers now have turned to celebrities
I think sometimes they do not pitch before the end of the period of completion of the ICO because someone could spoil your plans by taking a copy of your project before them,so other things should also be considered.

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:42:52 PM

If you want to invest in ICOs, look for something with a working product like KICKICO. What are some other ICOs with working products?
Anyone who invest in a project without really understanding the basis of such is doing that to his own disadvantage because its really not about the token but what it is to be achieved with it. Although, that is not the basis of not scamming but at least one can have something to hold them accountable for but for not having any motive for that is a signalling effect that all is about to blow out in a matter of time.
Grant Hero

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 08:52:04 PM

I agree, investing in ICOs with working products is the best thing to do but there could be great futuristic ICOs too. The problem is identifying ones with  consistent and serious developers.
Thanks for this tips

I think sometimes they do not pitch before the end of the period of completion of the ICO because someone could spoil your plans by taking a copy of your project before them,so other things should also be considered.

I can relate to your point here as well.  That's why we are also holding off on our announcement until next month while we complete our product.

abdulmad

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:55:11 PM

Many uniformed come here looking for their pot of gold, ICO's provide that kind of hype. They invest their hard earned cash without any due diligence and hope for the best. Most don't read the ANN or the white paper, just the hype that's being created is enough to convince them that all is ok. When it all comes crumbling down they the first to call scammers. I do agree with your guys sentiment but there are good ICO's and devs that put in the hard work to create a working product and it's really unfair towards those that dark cloud surrounds ICO's because of all the scamming and hacking that's been happening of late.
tayrey

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:18:17 PM

ICO is a way to lure all the fools in search of riches. Most people invest without even reading the whitepaper.
ulysseso

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:21:49 AM

Yea most icos are scam anyway
Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:31:58 AM

ICO is a way to lure all the fools in search of riches. Most people invest without even reading the whitepaper.
Well it will depend on one's capability to invest, if they're too rich to invest so they don't even read or think the future of that project and some are too smart to know everything on it. Not all icos are scam some maybe but with having research and analysis some really have a good inte3 they just need time to make it real.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
Grant Hero

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 01:39:26 AM

Seems like a lot of ICO's scams are giving a bad rep to those that are actually trying to help create real authentic solutions for this world.  Ultimately, this hurts the entire industry including the growth of cryptocurrency.

biggee

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:45:57 AM

Ethereum - the world computer...

More like, Ethereum - an open door for any idiot to create a token out of thin air in 5 minutes and make millions of dollars selling it to saps.

Tokens will kill Ethereum, sure right now ETH is doing great out of all these lunatics piling their money into it to invest in these ICO's, but eventually, when 99.9% of them turn out to be scams people will lose whatever trust they had in the Ethereum platform and will all switch back to honest, stable crypto currencies (you know, ones that haven't been hacked multiple times already) to invest their money in and build their block chain tech on.

Amazes me daily how much money people are willing to throw at strangers with a fancy website, a corporate video presentation and a bunch of promises.

Oh well, like they say, there's one born every minute...
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:51:51 AM

Seems like a lot of ICO's scams are giving a bad rep to those that are actually trying to help create real authentic solutions for this world.  Ultimately, this hurts the entire industry including the growth of cryptocurrency.

We should give a chance for ico that are really deserving, we should not say all icos were scam since we gained on it from being bounty hunters,to investors and even having them in trading. Some ico really worth trying for.

Grant Hero

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 03:04:07 AM

Ethereum - the world computer...

More like, Ethereum - an open door for any idiot to create a token out of thin air in 5 minutes and make millions of dollars selling it to saps.

Tokens will kill Ethereum, sure right now ETH is doing great out of all these lunatics piling their money into it to invest in these ICO's, but eventually, when 99.9% of them turn out to be scams people will lose whatever trust they had in the Ethereum platform and will all switch back to honest, stable crypto currencies (you know, ones that haven't been hacked multiple times already) to invest their money in and build their block chain tech on.

Amazes me daily how much money people are willing to throw at strangers with a fancy website, a corporate video presentation and a bunch of promises.

Oh well, like they say, there's one born every minute...

I doubt this will happen because a lot of tokens are built from Ethereum.  There will be some good legitimate platforms that use ETH ERC20 and keep it alive.
Fatoshi

Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:06:35 AM

Being really good at investing means making no rules you live by but looking at each project and its individual merit. Nothing wrong with mental guidelines but rules will only make you miss something that didnt conform to your simple rules. Some say no ICOs but they would of missed out on most of top 20 coins. I would normally say you need some working product as well but in case of Pillar its absolutely true they don't have all the tech done but the peoples track record and organisational background and the strength of their vision is enough for me to invest.

Just don't make rules...make well thought out decisions case by case..
Katashi

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:07:12 AM

Yeah totally agree on this. For ICO investors you must be vigilant to the ICO you must check if the project has a feasible product or services that is really helpful in  daily use. In order for the coin to survive and maintain it's value.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
Beparanf

Activity: 2786
Merit: 764

Burpaaa

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:01:52 AM

Yeah totally agree on this. For ICO investors you must be vigilant to the ICO you must check if the project has a feasible product or services that is really helpful in  daily use. In order for the coin to survive and maintain it's value.
Gaming apps like Shadow token already have a working product. That makes this project more interesting. As well as other application apps. They are working and can be used already but promotes more development. But we still can give other fields of project a try since they can be beneficial too.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████