Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:52:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Litecoin (LTC) dominate Bitcoin(BTC)  (Read 1085 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 02:25:52 PM

Bitcoin will be just as good as LiteCoin when SegWit and the Lightning network is in place. Why do you want to replace Bitcoin with anything else? Bitcoin can cannibalize any good Alt Coin code and SegWit was actually coded for Bitcoin, but LiteCoin just incorporated it earlier, because they did not need to go through a battle with competitors like Bitcoin did with BitcoinXT and lately, Bitcoin Unlimited. {BugCoin}  Roll Eyes

There are a few things which we shouldn't forget

First, SegWit is so far pretty much irrelevant for Litecoin (as well as Lightning Network, just for the record), so anyone claiming that Litecoin grew because of SegWit specifically likely doesn't know what he is talking about. SegWit activation in Litecoin has shown that it is a robust coin that can evolve along with the requirements (in fact, even ahead of them). Further, SegWit is still mostly a crutch itself, it is an interim solution which should allegedly solve, or rather postpone the scalability issues that Bitcoin now faces, and then it took so much effort and pain to get it activated (and we are still not there yet)

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1124

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:33:27 PM

I think it's a good idea to have some Litecoins in your coin portfolio. They are pretty stable, much more than Bitcoin and offer a save haven when you want to jump from one altcoin to another. I've switched from Bitcoin to Litecoin a number of times when Bitcoin was in a downtrend. Why not to fiat? Because I don't like it Cheesy

Route66Retro

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Bitcoin chick

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:50:30 PM

I think there is more about LTC;

- This coin was -not- created by accident...
- Also no coincedince that Charlee Lee, did go to Coinbase as CEO and "left" LTC...
- I also think there "is a reason" why LTC didn't go up for a long time... (on purpose)
- Segwit is allready active and what will be next (MIT)
- Charlee Lee left Coinbase by now and returns to LTC (yeah sure, coincedince...)
- If you use LTC, you will see the transactions are VERY fast now! (few sec. and lot cheaper than BTC)
- Antminer did come up with the Antminer L3+ (They only produce if there is money...)

So if I count ALL this....  

There is something huge coming and the LTC blockchain is going to be fully used, not just by a small number of users.

Well, this is just all my opinion Wink

Agree 100%.  I have said it before that the Litecoin team seems to keep information tightly held.  They did announce a path for 2017 and beyond, but other than that, there haven't been any "big" announcements - and you KNOW they've had to have been working on something major.

Losing is not my enemy...fear of losing is my enemy.  -Rafael Nadal
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:28:44 PM

Litecoin is great crypto currency and it is having a lot of attractive features, which make it one from the best altcoins nowadays. But considering it will dominate Bitcoin, i don't think so. Bitcoin still the best and the strongest crypto currency and i believe all the altcoins depend on it.
speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:17:33 AM

Litecoin is great crypto currency and it is having a lot of attractive features, which make it one from the best altcoins nowadays. But considering it will dominate Bitcoin, i don't think so. Bitcoin still the best and the strongest crypto currency and i believe all the altcoins depend on it.
I do not think that will happen either,the chances of that happening are very low,perhaps at first that would have been more likely to occur because these were much less altcoins on circulation but if the dev or devs stays active or the community grows they will have more opportunities.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:03:54 AM

Dominate? hardly.
Potential to go up? more likely.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/litecoin/btc
But if the segwit upgrade take place smoothly, expect LTC to take some short term hit.

Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 05:11:08 AM

I don't think Litecoin will dominate bitcoin.
It is literally not possible at all.
Because everyone has adopted Bitcoin.
But Litecoin is a good alternative of bitcoin.
It price can go up to 300$ at least.
toygg

Activity: 306

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:23:21 AM

No cryptocurrency can ever topple Bitcoin or overtake it in terms of market cap simply because BTC was the pioneer of all cryptocurrency and the 800+ altcoins are simply a clone of it with little to no technical improvements. On top of that, more than 80% of the network hashrate has signaled for BIP 91 which meant that Segwit2x is due to be implemented in the near future.  In other words, BTC have a very bright future ahead.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:12:19 AM

I don't think Litecoin will dominate bitcoin.
It is literally not possible at all.
Because everyone has adopted Bitcoin.
But Litecoin is a good alternative of bitcoin.
It price can go up to 300$ at least.
Believe me, that will never dominate the bitcoin especially if the softfork of bitcoin goes successful, the more people will leave from litecoin and try to use the bitcoin again as the primary crypto in the future.
Why do we need litecoin if the bitcoin will have given the same spesificatio with it.
DrMsEr

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:15:04 AM

LTC can surely beat ETH but not BTC Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: