Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:45:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Status of BTC in Philippines? (Explain to foreigner)  (Read 319 times)
Dr Bloggood (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:08:26 PM

I just saw the massive number of threads in the Philippines subforum, wow! Seems like you guys are really into cryptos; I'm sure they are an awesome investment opportunity for you.

I spent six weeks in the Philippines last year, and got to know your country a bit. That was right before Duterte was elected. I was just curious about the state of BTC on the Philippines. When I was there, nobody mentioned BTC to me, but maybe I wasn't hanging out with the right people.

Just interested to hear about new developments, gossip, or whatever it may be. How did you first learn about BTC? Where do you think it will go?

Good luck to all of you!
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:38:23 PM

I just saw the massive number of threads in the Philippines subforum, wow! Seems like you guys are really into cryptos; I'm sure they are an awesome investment opportunity for you.

I spent six weeks in the Philippines last year, and got to know your country a bit. That was right before Duterte was elected. I was just curious about the state of BTC on the Philippines. When I was there, nobody mentioned BTC to me, but maybe I wasn't hanging out with the right people.

Just interested to hear about new developments, gossip, or whatever it may be. How did you first learn about BTC? Where do you think it will go?

Good luck to all of you!
Bitcoin. In a third world country like the philippines, most whom i've known knows about it but have no idea on using it. The first time i've known about bitcoin came from a pinoy forum. But i had no interest because i don't even know how to use or hold it. The time coinsph was introduced and operated in the philippines, that was also the time i bought some BTC to hold(Buy low, sell high). Then in the coming years, i discovered ICO's(From Yobit) , but i have no idea about how it works so i participated.Hoping the value will get up i hold the coin until it reach 1 sats. That moment i know i've been scammed. Now i'm here in BCT to participate in ICO's and bounties for me to earn some BTC while working fulltime.
bhoybitcoin

Merit: 100

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:03:40 PM

Just like in the US, Filipinos are in tuned and sometimes ahead of Western trends. Crypto in the Philippines have been growing steadily along side with the rest of crypto.

Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:28:40 PM

Just like in the US, Filipinos are in tuned and sometimes ahead of Western trends. Crypto in the Philippines have been growing steadily along side with the rest of crypto.

I know, you pinoys are really closely connected to the US by your history, and above all because you speak English so well.

Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:29:54 PM

Good luck to all of you!
Bitcoin. In a third world country like the philippines, most whom i've known knows about it but have no idea on using it. The first time i've known about bitcoin came from a pinoy forum. But i had no interest because i don't even know how to use or hold it. The time coinsph was introduced and operated in the philippines, that was also the time i bought some BTC to hold(Buy low, sell high). Then in the coming years, i discovered ICO's(From Yobit) , but i have no idea about how it works so i participated.Hoping the value will get up i hold the coin until it reach 1 sats. That moment i know i've been scammed. Now i'm here in BCT to participate in ICO's and bounties for me to earn some BTC while working fulltime.

Cool, keep on going! Hopefully there will be a nice gain in it for you.
bhoybitcoin

Merit: 100

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:01:08 PM

I know, you pinoys are really closely connected to the US by your history, and above all because you speak English so well.

You also might add when there's karaoke, you know who will not shy away from singing.

Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:21:26 PM

Just interested to hear about new developments, gossip, or whatever it may be.

Good luck to all of you!
No one here in the Philippines would just mention btc when you were not asking about it, and maybe you were right that you are not hanging out with the right people at that time but there are many cryptocurrency users here in the Philippines. For your info, there is a web wallet service here in the Philippines that aids us to easily convert our bitcoin into fiat. It can also be used to pay bills, buy airtime load for our smartphones and more.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:04:41 AM

I think Filipino who know bitcoin just gather here in bitcointalk or in facebook group that's why you don't encounter them in your visit here in Philippines. Just like me, I'm a Filipino but I have only few real friend in life that know bitcoin.
Yuhee

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:03:36 AM

I think Filipino who know bitcoin just gather here in bitcointalk or in facebook group that's why you don't encounter them in your visit here in Philippines. Just like me, I'm a Filipino but I have only few real friend in life that know bitcoin.

And because most accounts are anonymous it would be rare to see notice someone it the btc community. So yeah most people who are on facebook who are also advertising btc is not that knowledgeable on btc but off course im not saying all of them dont know but most just want to know btc and they just happen to spread a certain site on there facebook. Cause even in my province i have yet to meet someone who does bitcoin as a full time job.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:28:38 AM

Good luck to all of you!

Let me correct you, Philippines is not a third country anymore, the economy of Philippines is starting to grow and have you seen the massive growth of global city and makati? Their economy is almost like some leading countries so Philippines is under development you but you should not say it still a third country.

Anyways most of Filipinos only go here for bounty purposes that is why there is a lot of shitty post that is currently being cleaned by sir Dabs, they usually earn bitcoin or other cryptocurrency as part of their income as we can easily withdraw it using a certain wallet rich people in our country don't usually give a shit with these things because they're already earning decently. So overall the marketplace of both bitcoin and altcoin does a huge impact regarding the fast adoption of bitcoin in the Philippines.
Oh and also its not that famous in our country bitcoin users here does a lot of multiple account which made a huge difference with other subforum.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

acpr23

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:41:32 AM

I think It is very rare for you to encounter in person a filipino that has knowledge in Bitcoin sir. In my opinion i think there is only 1 out of 1000 filipinos that is using bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:09:46 AM

Bitcoin in the the Philippines right now is continue growing in fact it was legalized the usage of bitcoin here last January 2017 by Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) as a form of remittance, it is little by little adopted my some merchants as a form of payments from from online transactions I think more bitcoin awareness must need inorder to educate more Filipinos how bitcoin can simplify their lives. 

ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:36:16 AM

You can't barely hear bitcoin on the Philippine streets, most of the users talk online via Facebook, groups and forums. Even people around me just like my family don't even know what I'm doing online and how do I earn. Athough I explained them a lil bit about bitcoins but it doesn't fit their interests.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: