Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:00:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Altcoin - Mining only for people  (Read 1551 times)
ANTIMANIA (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:54:02 PM

So, heres the deal...

Anything can be profitable. The profit of all of these cryptocurrencies in the end is because all of us assign value to it. Beanie Babies were valuable because we assigned value to them. Fiat currency is valuable because we assign value to it. A chair is valuable because we assign value to it.

Your question and search for an "answer" is futile. If you create something that has value, and can convince us, the people and users of your coin that is has value then the method of mining really doesn't matter. On the contrary you have an uphill battle to climb because there is a preconceived notion that CPU mining and ordinacy PC mining is not worth it. Its similar to the battle that PoS systems face. There is no "Right" answer. A PoS system is no better or worse than a PoW system, the people just favor PoW for various reasons, thats not to say PoS can't be successful.

In short.... stop beating around the bush and telling everybody all the "amazing things your coin might or might not be able to do" and just do it.

It would be like me saying, hey guys I have this car, its basically as fast as a Lambo, costs as much as a Toyota, but I PROMISE its just as good!!!!!! Anybody interested?Huh

Grin

I'm working. I wanted to clarify something for myself. And when I write my thoughts and see people's reaction to them, it helps me. Therefore - thank you for participating in the discussion)
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:59:08 PM

Yes, there would be a lot of interest in this for anyone with a simple hobby mining setup. However as soon as it was profitable anyone with a larger setup would take it on. There is really nothing you can do to stop bigger farms from mining it.

CPU mining? Botnets

Un-poolable? Multiple wallets per machine/per card/per whatever

Hashrate limit? See above

Limited emission? Less profitable for the smaller miners so no interest

If you really do have something it will be extremely cool so I hope you can, but those problems are pretty hard to overcome.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
ANTIMANIA (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:32:03 PM

Yes, there would be a lot of interest in this for anyone with a simple hobby mining setup. However as soon as it was profitable anyone with a larger setup would take it on. There is really nothing you can do to stop bigger farms from mining it.

CPU mining? Botnets

If you really do have something it will be extremely cool so I hope you can, but those problems are pretty hard to overcome.

I hope that this is so. I await a response from the patent attorney about the possibility of obtaining a patent. If this invention is patentable. If not, I'll lay out the diagrams that reveal the essence of this topic.
TronQuix

Activity: 306
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:26:10 PM

CPU mining? Botnets

I hope that this is so. I await a response from the patent attorney about the possibility of obtaining a patent. If this invention is patentable. If not, I'll lay out the diagrams that reveal the essence of this topic.

When you say invention are you referring to the code? Or is there a physical device?
ANTIMANIA (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:39:23 AM

CPU mining? Botnets

When you say invention are you referring to the code? Or is there a physical device?

Method and system for its implementation
TronQuix

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:19:34 PM

So you are trying to patent code? I ask because I have experience with this,
ANTIMANIA (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:04:43 PM

No, it does not make sense to patent the code. If patented, then the way to achieve the commercial goal.
TronQuix

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:56:27 PM

No, it does not make sense to patent the code. If patented, then the way to achieve the commercial goal.

Well what I was going to tell you is patenting code doesnt really protect you anyway because it only protects against someone copying your code 100%. But it sounds like you aren't doing that anyway. Curious to see what comes of all this.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:58:08 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really think this is possible.  It sounds as difficult as creating a bug-free game, or a un-hackable operating system.  If the coin becomes profitable then someone will find a way to mine it with specialized hardware.  It's like saying we're mining diamonds, but you can only mine them with shovels, no machines.  But... maybe you have something and if you do, more power to you!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ANTIMANIA (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:50:29 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really think this is possible.  It sounds as difficult as creating a bug-free game, or a un-hackable operating system.  If the coin becomes profitable then someone will find a way to mine it with specialized hardware.  It's like saying we're mining diamonds, but you can only mine them with shovels, no machines.  But... maybe you have something and if you do, more power to you!

It is not difficult to change the very principle of mining and achieving consensus.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: