Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-ANN]⚠️💰🔐COINAGE☀️👀⚠️⚠️coinage.org ₡ 6 Years Project Moving to Beta  (Read 19233 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:24:28 PM

Good project! We invite you to our ICO list, it helps you with funding. Good luck, guys Wink

This is a prime example of what we should not be using as a bar to entry for a project worthy of investment.

He's probably just spamming that in every thread.

But that aside, I plan on following the progress of this 5 yr long project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinage.org (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:43:51 PM

We have put a lot of time and work into the project, and even if its a short time period...this should always be the case. This is just like EA and the outrage people have at loot boxes online. Transfer the anger to the bureaucracy surrounding the dev teams and forks it keeps causing.
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:26:08 PM

We will be operating with transparency, so if you pm us be aware your pms may be quoted here.

This is something we will not be doing. If users want to pay to add coinage to an exchange, your money, your decision. However, we will not be wasting funds donated or otherwise directly on exchanges. If the users demand it, exchanges will choose to add it on their own. Soliciting funds from users will only eventually prompt one response from us, encouraging us to add an exchange to the wallet. This is not currently planned so lets not push it.

Hello Coinage.org,
I saw your  project in detail and I do not hide that it interests me a lot. I have been engaged by 2 exchanges to look for solid tokens to add them.
I can list you on hitbtc and Binance (the most expensive). The delay to be listed is 1month maximum for hitbtc. 2 months for Binance. An official announcement will be made on the social media of the exchanges.
The cost to be listed will be between 6.1 and 8.6 BTC.
As you can see I am one of the most trusted members on bitcointalk. It will help your project, keep me informed if you want to be listed.
Regards,
bingbong1589

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:52:30 PM

Would there be some way to show transparency in donated developer funds, it could probably lead to more donations if people see what is done with the funds
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:51:48 PM

We already have that planned, we are working on a escrow system for second stage. So if we dont reach x in donations they dont get released or something like that. We aren't done hashing out details yet.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:23:28 PM

When did you guys start working on this project? 2013?
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:58:56 AM

We began planning beginning of 2012, but didn't have a name we liked until 2013 which is when we made a deal to use coinage and recently we bought it outright. Actual coding work began January of 2013.
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:20:49 AM

I want to point out, we began the work due to infighting of developers on btc, even back then not much was being done. Mtgox was having issues and bitinstant was asking for people to join the bitcoin foundation. It was a mess and we felt there were better ways to handle everything.
play

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:12:24 AM

The first major advantage would be asics would be pointless. Even fpgas would be a poor use of time unless you were to program them for every possible algorithm.

In the future, we will have to adapt the algo to handle quantum computing. This allows us to make the changes seamlessly.

Hi Coinage.org, thank you for the answer. It makes a lot of sense to have that functionality then! Appreciate your explanation.

▄▄▄                                               
         ██▀█▀▀▀▀█▄                                         
         █▌██     █▌                                       
         █▌███     ▀█    ▄▄▄          ▄▄▄▄▄                 
        ▐█ ██████   ▀██▀▀▀ █▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████               
        ██ ████       ▀▀                 ████▄         ▄▄▄   
       ▐█▌ ▄▄███████████▄  ▄███████████▄ ████▌      ▄████ 
      ███ ▄█████▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌    ▀████▌ ▀████   ▄████▀   
      ██ ▄████▀███████████ ▐███▌███  ▐███▌   ████▄████▀     
     ▐██▐████ █ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▐███▄▄▄▄▄████▀█ ███▀█████▀       
    ▄██▌████▌ █ ██████████▌▐████████████▄  ███▄█████▄       
   ▐███▌▐█████  ██████████ ▐████████ ▐███▌██ ▄████████▄     
   ████▌▀███▄▄  ██ ▄▄████ ▐███████   ████▄████▀ ▀█████▄   
  ▐████▌██▀██████████████▀ ▐████████████▀▄████▀     ▀█████▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

──────  A Crypto Exchange Unlike Any Other
  ✔ SECURITY   ✔ TRANSPARENCY   ✔ ACCESSIBILITY
Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
Bitcointalk
Reddit
Website

HERO/LEGENDARY MEMBER
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:11:33 AM

The first major advantage would be asics would be pointless. Even fpgas would be a poor use of time unless you were to program them for every possible algorithm.

In the future, we will have to adapt the algo to handle quantum computing. This allows us to make the changes seamlessly.

Hi Coinage.org, thank you for the answer. It makes a lot of sense to have that functionality then! Appreciate your explanation.

After testing is completed we will give the coin time to build up a following and value. Once its established that coinage is the new benchmark which alts will be measured against we will open up the source to the public. I mention this since this is adjacent to the subject. This is a new way of handling blocks, headers, transactions, syncing, tables, rewards, distribution, etc

We are not going to just let it loose to be cloned endlessly by fraudsters. We were thinking of holding back the source until the coin reaches a certain market cap but we can discuss it later.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:13:13 AM

After testing is completed we will give the coin time to build up a following and value. Once its established that coinage is the new benchmark which alts will be measured against we will open up the source to the public. I mention this since this is adjacent to the subject. This is a new way of handling blocks, headers, transactions, syncing, tables, rewards, distribution, etc

We are not going to just let it loose to be cloned endlessly by fraudsters. We were thinking of holding back the source until the coin reaches a certain market cap but we can discuss it later.

As long as you guys are transparent with everything I don't think there will be a problem.

Will the team remain anonymous?
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:04:50 PM

That is the hope yes. And anon is the reason we have bought out people we were working with over time. We want to minimize potential leaks.

Mining tab tested and works as intended, refactoring complete. We have 4 more tabs to wrap up and test for issues.

We have reached a point where we can begin planning for graphics. We tend to focus on backend and functionality and scaling/security. As a result, we never designed a coin look or logo. So if anyone has a concept laying around or a coin logo lets take a look and begin planning for the release.

So far we have been using the ₡ symbol since it is already in unicode.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:54:46 AM

That is the hope yes. And anon is the reason we have bought out people we were working with over time. We want to minimize potential leaks.

Mining tab tested and works as intended, refactoring complete. We have 4 more tabs to wrap up and test for issues.

We have reached a point where we can begin planning for graphics. We tend to focus on backend and functionality and scaling/security. As a result, we never designed a coin look or logo. So if anyone has a concept laying around or a coin logo lets take a look and begin planning for the release.

So far we have been using the ₡ symbol since it is already in unicode.

Should we be worried as users about getting hacked or something since some of the code is closed source and dev team is anon?

I think the  ₡ symbol is perfect and a good start!
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:07:45 AM

The code in jar files is visible to users through decompilers but it wont be pretty like the source, so that is an option to look for anything malicious. You can also run it inside a vm or a docker container.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 05:12:12 AM

wow a project with a competent dev that isnt asking for money

gunna keep an eye on this bad boy
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:27:41 PM

We won't without offering proof of our work... Then we'll ask for donations, and if people like our work they'll donate.

This is the business model that disappeared years ago. With crypto being so popular we need to go back to the roots.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:08:04 PM

I know you said there's no maximum coin amount, but are you guys aiming for an amount that will the max supply will always hover around due to coin loss balancing with coin supply. If so what amount do you guys see this as? In the 10's of millions or in the 100's of millions
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:43:29 PM

I cant tell you yet, but let us assume it will be taken care of immediately always, no need to worry about too much inflation ever.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:05:15 AM

Seems like a lot of the new mineable coins that pop up say they will only be CPU mining or CPU mining first. However, in a short amount of time someone figures out how to use GPU mining and creating an advantage. Sometimes the Devs are even involved in having GPU mining set up for themselves to mine the coin faster than everyone else before they catch up.

Will the same problem occur with this coin, will you as Dev's have GPU mining set up for yourself while everyone else is CPU mining through the wallet? Also will people be able to figure out ways to GPU mine before it is introduced in the wallet?
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:16:09 PM

The system we have set up to balance everything inside the coin will render strip mining / farming counterproductive to their own farming. So it won't really matter who is doing the mining it will always be balanced. I can't really go into more detail than that at the moment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: