Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:57:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-ANN]⚠️💰🔐COINAGE☀️👀⚠️⚠️coinage.org ₡ 6 Years Project Moving to Beta  (Read 19233 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Coinage.org (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:20:06 AM

How much privacy does the coin have, would you put it more towards Bitcoin or towards Monero; or somewhere in between? I feel like privacy coins are starting to come more to the forefront

Considering we researched each anon coin before and during development, I would say this will be the first coin that will be capable of actually being anonymous due to the way transactions are handled by default.

As for code, its original although we did use btc and other coins as a reference when we wanted to see what not to do, or what worked well.

The best part of taking so long to develop is that we had time to see the failures along the road.

Thus, 100% original code, all ready to accept the features satoshi discussed and even some he had not considered at conception.

I am getting PMs for advertising and bounties etc. Please hold our enthusiasm until launch, many of the "normal" coin features for bounties will not be a option with our launch as we have integrated them into the wallet.

If time permits we will be tackling a rewrite of p2pool for use on coinage as an example.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:26:06 AM

https://imgur.com/a/s6GNK

Here is another screenshot.
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:31:22 AM

That has been made clearly.that's cool
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:41:10 AM

That is the general idea, monkey simple.

That has been made clearly.that's cool

We will continue adding any stats that make sense to have on the wallet. Let us know if you see anything you would like added or see anything missing for that matter.
bingbong1589

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:00:30 AM

I sort of see a reoccurring problem occuring with mining, seems like nicehash does a lot of flash mining, spiking difficulty. Do you guys have any plans to address this. Also, is pool mining detrimental to a cryptocurrency, if so is there any way to prevent it?
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:14:35 AM

I sort of see a reoccurring problem occuring with mining, seems like nicehash does a lot of flash mining, spiking difficulty. Do you guys have any plans to address this. Also, is pool mining detrimental to a cryptocurrency, if so is there any way to prevent it?

I can't disclose that portion of information but....that issue has been solved with regards to nicehash or any pool. But lets just say its resolved.

Pool mining is detrimental, which is why we are simplifying mining. And yes it can be prevented....and it has been taken care of with the features we have implemented.

Your questions are excellent and touching something we invented for this project we cannot explain yet....
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:44:47 AM

It's refreshing seeing everything one needs right in the wallet, I'm really looking forward to this. Can't remember the last time I've been this excited for a project
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:12:37 AM

Will there be a reward for running nodes?

Also, with the current scaling issues facing Bitcoin, I assume you guys have your own solutions in place for ensuring scalability and fast transaction times?
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:49:31 AM

The information was all ready to be utilized by anyone for years ever since ecash and btc were conceived on paper. All of it was available for everyone to use but the patience was always a factor for all developers.

Yes we have prepared for scaling. The btc solution for transaction times was adequate, the issue comes from congestion that everyone is now experiencing. And not to mention the possible problems that come up when you deal with bad actors.

For nodes no, because you cannot really know who is and is not running one. And you can't verify it after the block is mined.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:09:30 AM

What maximum coin supply amount are you guys planning on doing?
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:37:33 AM

There will be no maximum....and this touches on the same information and balancing system we have created I wont be disclosing yet.

All these issues were related in several ways and the same solution was used for them all.

We will add as many of the features at launch as we feel are stable.

The supply, difficulty, rewards and fees wil all be directly tied.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:01:22 AM

Interesting, so this will be an inflationary coin then?
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:15:24 AM

Yes, but with a massive balancing act included.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:55:40 AM

Yes, but with a massive balancing act included.

Hmm don't know how I feel about that, but will wait to see what the "balancing" entails
punk_yaj

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:58:22 AM

This project looks interesting and I am following this thread. Don't want t miss the launch for this one.
seesky

Activity: 113

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:15:51 AM

My understanding of the project is that, although I understand is not very thorough, but the basic situation is understanding, application direction of the project is good, can solve practical problems, too many projects to solve practical problems of too little, optimistic about the project
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:48:01 PM

Need to adjust some of the button sizes but everything is functioning as intended.

UI refactoring is continuing today, there should be more screenshots this weekend.

bingbong1589

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:05:38 PM

Need to adjust some of the button sizes but everything is functioning as intended.

UI refactoring is continuing today, there should be more screenshots this weekend.

I don't know what you guys think but do you guys think the side bar on the left should be rotated to the top for ease of reading and probably just looks a bit cleaner. I know this is just pre-alpha and wallet appearance isn't as big of a deal
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:30:14 AM

This is just the beginning, we plan to allow css to dictate orientation once the wallet is completed.
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:11:40 AM

We have successfully setup the wallet to be capable of an easy transition between different algorithms (todays tests showed it functional). We have been testing it for a while and likely wont have the rotating algo ready at launch but can move to it later. We had to make this an option with looking forward to quantum computing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: