Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:43:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-ANN]⚠️💰🔐COINAGE☀️👀⚠️⚠️coinage.org ₡ 6 Years Project Moving to Beta  (Read 19233 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Coinage.org (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:00:35 PM

Users will be able to mine directly from the wallet by pressing the on button and choose how many threads to utilize. This feature just passed testing today.

Block explorer is working but we are improving it now.

Block rewards and difficulty, all calculations usually users would retrieve from a online calculator have been Integrated into the stats.

Rewards and difficulty will adjust every block, testing has completed on this point, we are very proud of this achievement.

Wallet blocks have moved all into their own background process to allow downloaded blocks to be segregated and require minimal RAM. We estimate a 80-95% RAM usage savings versus btc and other clones. This is a massive achievement we are also very proud of and required months to develop on its own.

Segregated block folder will be by default assigned to each user in windows to avoid other users accidentally deleting another users chain or wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meeseeks B.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:42:24 PM

Congrats on the new update. Looking forward to hearing more.
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:04:13 AM

We will be around to answer questions for a couple daya before we move to beta so if you have suggestions or anything we may not have thought of already please let us know.
bingbong1589

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:07:27 AM

Do you have a whitepaper out?
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:18:53 PM

No, we will write one upon completion.

Today the stats tab has been updated, if you have ever had anything you would like to easily track in a wallet please let me know so we can add it.

bingbong1589

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:42:30 AM

When are you guys planning on doing a full ANN, this project seems interesting!
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:09:30 AM

Once we feel comfortable with the stability. Also we are removing scripting due to a potential attack vector we located during development within the source material everyone uses to create new coins.

Word to the wise, encrypt your wallets, and do not use the same address twice. This is the source of a potentially major issue inside btc and other alt coin wallets.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:42:38 AM

Just a suggestion, I feel that a lot of cryptocurrency lack simplification for mass adoption and requires an above-average knowledge of tech. You guys could really break ground by making all the features simple and accessible by making it so a baby could use it, so to speak.

Also will any pre-mine occur or is this 100% fair launch?
graveyard1987

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:58:07 AM

some more info would be good, and you need to develop a community for the coins, slack, discord would be good
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:07:58 AM

some more info would be good, and you need to develop a community for the coins, slack, discord would be good

They're still only doing a Pre-ANN, all that stuff will come out when they do the ANN
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:18:44 PM

Just a suggestion, I feel that a lot of cryptocurrency lack simplification for mass adoption and requires an above-average knowledge of tech. You guys could really break ground by making all the features simple and accessible by making it so a baby could use it, so to speak.

This is in large part what is causing us to go slowly. Much of the refactoring we are doing is to separate and simplify functions. We are working on setting up css as the main way to handle themes and look of the wallet.

Hardwiring as many of the major items we use in a wallet (or would like to) as possible. Mining is the first we updated. Staking is next, we will be renaming it to interest in the wallet for example. And we are working on integrating a fork selection process to ensure you can stay on the right chain even as a layman.

As for a fair launch, we want it to be fair, thats why we will be setting up a donation system directly from the wallet ( or another system) we didn't decide yet. To ensure we can be paid based on merit of the work users see.

Some ideas for donations we have floated we could use feedback on....
1. Auto populated address in a banner explaining we need donations.
2. Minimal % of network fees auto donated to dev team ( can be turned off in settings) probably around 0.5% fee or something small that noone would miss.
3. Destroyed coins sent to dev team for first year.

These are just examples, but please let us know what would be the best way to make users happy and simultaneously allow us to cover expenses while working continuously on the coin.

Once we have escrow setup, we also should be able to do a Kickstarter inside the wallet similar to tokens, but this is not finished yet. This is another possibility for funding dev team.

If anyone has any feature questions or ideas please pass them to us now so we can continue to integrate them as we get closer.
richpress

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Sr. Web Developer / Msg for work inquiries

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 06:36:34 PM

This is in large part what is causing us to go slowly. Much of the refactoring we are doing is to separate and simplify functions. We are working on setting up css as the main way to handle themes and look of the wallet.

Hardwiring as many of the major items we use in a wallet (or would like to) as possible. Mining is the first we updated. Staking is next, we will be renaming it to interest in the wallet for example. And we are working on integrating a fork selection process to ensure you can stay on the right chain even as a layman.

As for a fair launch, we want it to be fair, thats why we will be setting up a donation system directly from the wallet ( or another system) we didn't decide yet. To ensure we can be paid based on merit of the work users see.

2. Minimal % of network fees auto donated to dev team ( can be turned off in settings) probably around 0.5% fee or something small that noone would miss.

These are just examples, but please let us know what would be the best way to make users happy and simultaneously allow us to cover expenses while working continuously on the coin.

Once we have escrow setup, we also should be able to do a Kickstarter inside the wallet similar to tokens, but this is not finished yet. This is another possibility for funding dev team.

If anyone has any feature questions or ideas please pass them to us now so we can continue to integrate them as we get closer.

This seems very promising, This thread was on my watchlist for a while I thought it was dead. I'm really glad development is still ongoing, steady growth is really nice to see these days.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:38:43 PM

I think to begin you guys should do the banner ad in the wallet. I know it probably won't give you guys the most capital to work with, but it will also be the least disruptive.

I think the other 2 options I can see a lot of people complaining and not using the system because they think the devs are collecting an unfair fee or something along the lines. Especially for an early project I think the less the things the community can find to harp about the more the community will grow cuz they don't see any "flaws".

Later on when/if the community has grown you guys could float the idea of a developer fee that has some oversight so people don't think it's just going into an individual's pocket
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:42:05 PM

Also I like how you guys changed staking into interest, just a small change like actually goes a long way.

Just another suggestion that I don't know is possible or not, but maybe it would be good to have little boxes appear explaining what something does or means. For example if I hover over "interest" a box will appear giving me a brief explanation of what this function does in layman's terms
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:25:04 PM

Also I like how you guys changed staking into interest, just a small change like actually goes a long way.

Just another suggestion that I don't know is possible or not, but maybe it would be good to have little boxes appear explaining what something does or means. For example if I hover over "interest" a box will appear giving me a brief explanation of what this function does in layman's terms

Yeah it was such a little thing that we had not seen done before but would simplify it.

I like the hover concept I will scrum it.

For development fees, we dont want to have to add something later when value of the coin is up. We would rather just have so many that are sent to our address then can be escrowed (if we feel escrow works well by launch) until so much time has passed so it will be known we dont have access to them until later. This is another concept we discussed. The banner does sound least invasive but with how crypto works as a community I could see us just receiving nothing. Maybe we could just take donations for bounties and they are all paid to the dev team since we are going to integrate everything into the wallet eventually. I am rambling but we want more feedback, which of the evils will be the least likely to piss everyone off.

I am going to hop on and get a screenshot for the miner so you can see an idea of what we are doing with it.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:31:13 PM

In that case I also like the 3rd option, destroyed coins being sent to the dev team for the first year, that's also not very invasive and only for a year when the community around the coin is more understanding compared to years down the line
Coinage.org (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:54:13 PM

Ok I will look into that option and see if its viable. Please post any further ideas.

We have a fork manager in development, and have covered most major issues we could think of along the way. Any ideas on other items that just annoy or hobble btc or other coins we want to get this right on the first shot. We plan to go live on January 1st if everything is completed and tested by then but now is the time to give input on potential problems.
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:50:40 PM

How much privacy does the coin have, would you put it more towards Bitcoin or towards Monero; or somewhere in between? I feel like privacy coins are starting to come more to the forefront
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:22:04 AM

Also does the project have completely original code, not a fork of anything?

What do you mean by more restrictive to prevent copying. Will there be closed-source portions?
bingbong1589

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:46:04 AM

In terms of developer funding, I think you guys could take a page out of Monero's book and do something like this https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: