Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:13:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons to buy IOTA  (Read 1540 times)
facenew111

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:26:35 AM

I think this is a very interesting project and I heard about 0 fees. Can you believe it? Zero Fees. Damn baby. Honestly I was on the brink of clicking the buy button when I changed my mind. Yes. Cause I was browsing Bitcointalk at the same time and I had been doing this for some time. Posts by "iotatoken" - who {and this is what I learned a couple days later} is a CEO of this project - made comments that seemed so sociopathic and distasteful that my stomach told me to stay away from this. Seems weird. Will it be forked?
Thanks for all of your answers in advance!

I agreed about CEO comments that seemed so sociopathic and distasteful
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:16:40 AM

Grin A friend told me to buy it when it reached the top 10 spectacularly, which made me very surprised and did not understand why. Soon afterwards I researched about it and felt that something was wrong with the bitcoin being split and I hypothesized that it could beat BTC and ETH at the time or not and then after reviewing everything I sold all IOTA and decided not to invest in it for some reason.

rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:35:16 AM

There is no answer to it, I buy it because I like, I do not bother too much on the coins and their value, I just look at the project, and I believe it will succeed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: