Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP making alternative cryptocrapcurrencies  (Read 1812 times)
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:28:20 PM

Alts. do not affect BTC, they simply dont. Now, everyone focusing their energy on alts. could be used to better promote BTC sure. But its like this, do little league baseball teams and games ruin MLB games and dilute the market ? no, they dont, thats what this is, its just a smaller game for people to keep busy with while BTC is gaining more popularity...

If I thought alt coins could kill bitcoin, I'd unload mine IMMEDIATELY while the price is more than zero.

Seriously people. Stop worrying over nothing.

Or, start an old rich white guys club and appoint a new Crypto Currency Auditor General.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:28:38 PM

Sigh. You guys don't get it. You're acting like the governments and the central banks. The POINT of this whole exercise, the purpose for which bitcoins and litecoins and novacoins and feathercoins and chinacoins were CREATED was to PREVENT currency from being controlled by a central, or even a decentralized authority.

I'm not saying that other coins shouldn't exist but that we should concentrate on two or three currencies.

Seriously. Say anything you want, you're still not the crypto currency Auditor.

I know and that's exactly why my first post started with "I personally think that" .
wolverine.ks

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:36:14 PM

arent alt currencies also a test bed for cool new features that could be implemented into bitcoin?

if an upstart starts gaining traction, whats to say all the miners dont see the potential to gain/lose a lot of money and agree to make a change to the code and adopt the feature(s) they believe is responsible for the adoption of the alt currency?

you should be happy people are spending their resources to experiment for you, while you just sit back and wait for the next cool feature to steal.

that is of course unless you think the bitcoin has gotten so decentralized that the miners/devs couldnt agree on how to evolve quickly enough.

in which case, youd probably see a hard fork. cant wait...
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 07:45:35 PM

Who complains about forks of an open source project? If bitcoin didnt want to be cloned, it would be proprietary software. Altcoins are following the expected path. You are a free man, so freely pick what ever flavor of alt currency that you enjoy. Its that simple.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: