Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:46:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP making alternative cryptocrapcurrencies  (Read 1812 times)
Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:12:51 PM

Powercoin, RoyalCoin, Yacoin, Mincoin, Gamecoin, Chncoin, BBQcoin, Jkcoin, etc and for what? Each "alternative" coin is killing even more the BTC, because the value of BTC (which are based in all these garbage) is determined by its scarcity. And when people to see their BTC hard to get (be undermining or buying), not worth more than a handful of "coins" trash a subject invented an overnight stealing LTC code, decides to stop investing BTC and when that happens the value falls, when the value drops people sold panic, when panic comes BTC dies and it just killed all other currencies as well.

What is the meaning of these new "coins"? They have no major innovation, no use for commerce or online transactions.  The only winners in this are the creators of these wastes, who in the same night that the launch they sold this craps for 1k/1btc and thats all, then this coins die and the BTC value gets lower and lower.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:14:36 PM

I decided to clone Ripple, so we'll get a new wave of altcoins soon.
blastbob

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:15:57 PM

Stop making duplicate threads about it Smiley

Bitrated user: blastbob.
thesnoo23

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:16:06 PM

Powercoin, RoyalCoin, Yacoin, Mincoin, Gamecoin, Chncoin, BBQcoin, Jkcoin, etc and for what? Each "alternative" coin is killing even more the BTC, because the value of BTC (which are based in all these garbage) is determined by its scarcity. And when people to see their BTC hard to get (be undermining or buying), not worth more than a handful of "coins" trash a subject invented an overnight stealing LTC code, decides to stop investing BTC and when that happens the value falls, when the value drops people sold panic, when panic comes BTC dies and it just killed all other currencies as well.

What is the meaning of these new "coins"? They have no major innovation, no use for commerce or online transactions.  The only winners in this are the creators of these wastes, who in the same night that the launch they sold this craps for 1k/1btc and thats all, then this coins die and the BTC value gets lower and lower.

Oh, look. Imagine that. A BTC holder whining about other coins competing with his coin.
greyhawk

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:16:36 PM

I think I'll make an altcoin called altcoin just for confusions sake.
sterob

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:17:55 PM

in short, stop making scrypt coin so my ASIC farm can mine million dollars every month.   

Lowlander

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:18:46 PM

Noisy.  Undecided
anonynonanony

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:23:53 PM

seems someone bought btc high and blaming his losses on alts.
LaggedOnUser

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:27:44 PM

I think I'll make an altcoin called altcoin just for confusions sake.

How about calling it "NNAA is Not An Altcoin", or just "NNAA" for short?  Surely that will silence the critics!  Tongue
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:28:53 PM

craptocurrency - i like that. Still i like solo mining entire blocks even if they are almost worth nothing after a week.

AlternativeCypt

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:29:11 PM

They all only have value because of BITCOIN, not the other way around. It doesn't affect BTC value.
greyhawk

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:30:37 PM

Why hasn't anyone made a new coin called coolcoin yet?  Huh

It sounds pretty cool.

Don't steal my idea or I'll drag you to coolcourt.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:31:44 PM

I personally think that we need two currencies. Bitcoin for big transactions such as selling shares and Litecoin for everyday use like buying dinner in a restaurant.

That's just my 1LTC
syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:31:51 PM

more shitty coins make one coin stand high, more shitty coins make one coin more valuable

thesnoo23

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:37:58 PM

How about whoever wants to make a new coin goes ahead and does that, and if people want to use it, they can, and if they want to not use it, they can go ahead and do that too. And then whatever coins people like become accepted, and the ones people don't like don't, and all the bitcoin/litecoin miners can stop whining about people trying to create an improved cryptocurrency that might make coin users leave their preferred coin for another.
nesic1

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:45:12 PM

if all shitcoin maker agreed to post 1 coin in lets say 4-7 days coins will be worth more and we can earn more than now

-make a coin
mine it and sell to big players, get effort to goes to exchange, dump it and earn, all of us are happy... restart and start over
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:46:24 PM

I wonder this, all the LTC and BTC crybabies that cry about all the alt coins... I wonder how many of them jump onto the alt coins when they come out with their farms... I bet a good chunk do.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:46:51 PM

I seem to remember you sending me an expletive-laden PM commanding to me stop spreading FUD about spam-coins following a critical post I made about one of the alts you were pumping Roll Eyes

greyhawk

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:47:08 PM

I think there should be even more coins (oooh, MoreCoins (patent pending)).

Fill all of btctalk up with ever more coins until the whole thing drowns in a sea of stupid newbies screaming scammer at each other all day long all throughout the forum. Wait, that's already happening.

Anyway, please keep it up infesting the forums the stink and rot of dying and failing coins (has anyone made FailCoin yet?), until no one can any longer stand the stench and the whole lot of you is thrown off the forum.

Sounds WinCoin to me.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:50:39 PM

I love lamp
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:53:06 PM

OP, because of this post, no new alt-currencies will be created.
You single-handedly halted the proliferation.
Congratulations!
greyhawk

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:54:16 PM

I love lamp

lampcoin. Excellent. You could build little physical coins with LEDs in them.
greyhawk

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:55:07 PM

OP, because of this post, no new alt-currencies will be created.
You single-handedly halted the proliferation.
Congratulations!

HeroCoin incoming.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:56:22 PM

I personally think that we need two currencies. Bitcoin for big transactions such as selling shares and Litecoin for everyday use like buying dinner in a restaurant.
I think that we may need just ONE more coin. Some real-time coin, that could be validated in 10s. For paying in shops, restaurants and vending machines. 2.5min for one confirmation on average is too much.
Or as an alternative a debit card, that would be instant [bank account for BTC], and you just deposit every day/week/month whatever amount you need for a day.
But we don't need another pump&dump non-innovative crap like FTC, CNC or RYC.

The internet cannot really handle 10 second global consensus creation.

(By blockchain system; Ripple is trying to achieve it but using a different consensus method.)

GeistGeld's 15 second blocks are probably about the fastest that could work, and even they might turn out to be too fast.

For "instant" stuff you can simply use "green addresses" in bitcoin, or off-chain transaction systems.

Green addresses actually seem to be a pretty simple and effective solution.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
thesnoo23

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:57:25 PM

Sigh. You guys don't get it. You're acting like the governments and the central banks. The POINT of this whole exercise, the purpose for which bitcoins and litecoins and novacoins and feathercoins and chinacoins were CREATED was to PREVENT currency from being controlled by a central, or even a decentralized authority. There IS no governing authority, including all the butthurt BTC holders who rag on every new coin that comes up. You have a lot of BTC? Congratulations.

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

You don't have some special right or authority or wisdom that makes you the arbiter of what crypto currencies should exist and which should not.
Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:05:17 PM

Sigh. You guys don't get it. You're acting like the governments and the central banks. The POINT of this whole exercise, the purpose for which bitcoins and litecoins and novacoins and feathercoins and chinacoins were CREATED was to PREVENT currency from being controlled by a central, or even a decentralized authority. There IS no governing authority, including all the butthurt BTC holders who rag on every new coin that comes up. You have a lot of BTC? Congratulations.

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

You don't have some special right or authority or wisdom that makes you the arbiter of what crypto currencies should exist and which should not.

I have not BTC, is common sense. We are killing the BTC, and once that happens we're going to get the crypto currencies in the ass.
greyhawk

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:11:44 PM

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

I have not BTC, is common sense. We are killing the BTC, and once that happens we're going to get the crypto currencies in the ass.

Hmmmm, AssCoins.  Kiss
Teka

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:12:39 PM

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

The problem with having a hundred different coins is that from a "Marketing" perspective its just way to confusing for new users and the mainstream market. One coin for traders and one coin for the mass market is extremely easy to understand.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:13:43 PM

If you mine it, they will come. Stop dedicating time to mining these garbage coins, and people will stop making them.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:18:13 PM

Can someone explain to me how crap coins are NOT taking money from BTC?  I don't understand that.

As an example, some dumb premine scam coin like MNC comes along, boom creates thousands of coins worth say hundreds of BTC when they are traded for BTC in the first week.

BTC is worth actual fiat. Crap coins are there-forth immediately worth actual fiat when they are generated in massive quantities out of thin air on the first day mining (or a pre-mine), and the scammers trade their intrinsically worthless crapcoin for BTC.

How do the crapcoins not leech BTC's fiat currency value in this process?

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
thesnoo23

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:18:49 PM

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

The problem with having a hundred different coins  is that from a Marketing perspective its just way to confusing for new users and the mainstream market.

You don't have to market them all. Market the one(s) you like. These are seperate currencies. It's like US Dollars and Japanese Yen and German Marks and British Pounds etc etc. I don't do ANYTHING with German Marks, and their existence doesn't really affect the ease with which I use US Dollars.

Stop acting like every new coin is some kind of vicious attack on your favorite coin.
mco65

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 07:19:39 PM

If you mine it, they will come. Stop dedicating time to mining these garbage coins, and people will stop making them.

AH, there's the Rub.
dragony

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:19:56 PM

I am a fan of altcoins and let be clear here. Altcoins make Bitcoin more valuable. It is totally false to think the opposite. You have to first buy btc to buy some altcoins. If you buy bitcoin to trade it for altoin, it is almost certain you hold bitcoins too. Who would buy altcoins and don't have bitcoins.

And there are other advantages.. new concepts are tested at altcoins so the bitcoin itself could be more healthy. and I think BTC is the only currency which will last. even if many people think some other currency will replace it, i think it won't be replaced  Smiley
greyhawk

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:20:19 PM

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

The problem with having a hundred different coins  is that from a Marketing perspective its just way to confusing for new users and the mainstream market.

You don't have to market them all. Market the one(s) you like. These are seperate currencies. It's like US Dollars and Japanese Yen and German Marks and British Pounds etc etc. I don't do ANYTHING with German Marks, and their existence doesn't really affect the ease with which I use US Dollars.

Stop acting like every new coin is some kind of vicious attack on your favorite coin.

It WOULD be kinda difficult seeing as the Mark doesn't exist anymore.
thesnoo23

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:21:01 PM

BTC is worth actual fiat.

How do the crapcoins not leech BTC's fiat currency value in this process?

Actual Fiat.

Fiat Currency Value.

. . .

Seriously? I don't think you grasp the point of the cryptocurrency exercise.
Teka

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:21:10 PM

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

I'm not saying that other coins shouldn't exist but that we should concentrate on two or three currencies.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:21:34 PM

I am a fan of altcoins and let be clear here. Altcoins make Bitcoin more valuable. It is totally false to think the opposite. You have to first buy btc to buy some altcoins. If you buy bitcoin to trade it for altoin, it is almost certain you hold bitcoins too. Who would buy altcoins and don't have bitcoins.

And there are other advantages.. new concepts are tested at altcoins so the bitcoin itself could be more healthy. and I think BTC is the only currency which will last. even if many people think some other currency will replace it, i think it won't be replaced  Smiley

LTC will last. Has to be a market for GPU mining as well as ASIC mining

Quantum_Negatum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:22:37 PM

Don't stop making alts until TacoCoin, imho.
thesnoo23

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:24:55 PM

Sigh. You guys don't get it. You're acting like the governments and the central banks. The POINT of this whole exercise, the purpose for which bitcoins and litecoins and novacoins and feathercoins and chinacoins were CREATED was to PREVENT currency from being controlled by a central, or even a decentralized authority.

I'm not saying that other coins shouldn't exist but that we should concentrate on two or three currencies.

Seriously. Say anything you want, you're still not the crypto currency Auditor.
saudibull

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:25:40 PM

Alts. do not affect BTC, they simply dont. Now, everyone focusing their energy on alts. could be used to better promote BTC sure. But its like this, do little league baseball teams and games ruin MLB games and dilute the market ? no, they dont, thats what this is, its just a smaller game for people to keep busy with while BTC is gaining more popularity...
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:28:20 PM

Alts. do not affect BTC, they simply dont. Now, everyone focusing their energy on alts. could be used to better promote BTC sure. But its like this, do little league baseball teams and games ruin MLB games and dilute the market ? no, they dont, thats what this is, its just a smaller game for people to keep busy with while BTC is gaining more popularity...

If I thought alt coins could kill bitcoin, I'd unload mine IMMEDIATELY while the price is more than zero.

Seriously people. Stop worrying over nothing.

Or, start an old rich white guys club and appoint a new Crypto Currency Auditor General.
Teka

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:28:38 PM

Sigh. You guys don't get it. You're acting like the governments and the central banks. The POINT of this whole exercise, the purpose for which bitcoins and litecoins and novacoins and feathercoins and chinacoins were CREATED was to PREVENT currency from being controlled by a central, or even a decentralized authority.

Seriously. Say anything you want, you're still not the crypto currency Auditor.

I know and that's exactly why my first post started with "I personally think that" .
wolverine.ks

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:36:14 PM

arent alt currencies also a test bed for cool new features that could be implemented into bitcoin?

if an upstart starts gaining traction, whats to say all the miners dont see the potential to gain/lose a lot of money and agree to make a change to the code and adopt the feature(s) they believe is responsible for the adoption of the alt currency?

you should be happy people are spending their resources to experiment for you, while you just sit back and wait for the next cool feature to steal.

that is of course unless you think the bitcoin has gotten so decentralized that the miners/devs couldnt agree on how to evolve quickly enough.

in which case, youd probably see a hard fork. cant wait...
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 07:45:35 PM

Who complains about forks of an open source project? If bitcoin didnt want to be cloned, it would be proprietary software. Altcoins are following the expected path. You are a free man, so freely pick what ever flavor of alt currency that you enjoy. Its that simple.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: